More K3 Interview Details

Guest pushbrk

Guest pushbrk

I finally got the chance to use the IM and Cam with my wife and daughter after the interview and was able to get some more details

The VO was an American who smiled a lot.

She was asked if I spoke Chinese. Answer. A little.

Do you speak English Answer. A little

The rest of the interview was conducted in Mandarin.

What is your husband's name?

How did you meet?

Where does he work?

Asked for I-134. Wife handed over complete financial section of papers including three year's tax transcripts

Asked for copy of my passport

Asked for pictures

Daughter was allowed to stand behind mother during interview (age 17)

Daughter was asked no questions

My wife was prepared to answer all these questions and many more in English but it was not necessary. On the other hand, this was a lot of her English practice and contributed greatly to her confidence and demeanor as the interview began.

I'm pretty sure things would have been more difficult if she had acted scared or sheepish instead of her normal friendly confident self.

Great post,

We are both very happy for the three of you and wish you all the best. :ph34r:

Rick & Liyan

Mike, my SO's interview was very easy.

Question: Can you speak English? Answer: Yes

Question: Where did you learn English? Answer College

Question: What is the age of your son? Answered

Question: What is the age of my youngest son? Answered

VO smiled and said "Have a great time in America"

The whole interview took less than 2 minutes. I think the fact my SO was an English teacher in China was a great help. SO arrives in Orlando Florida 8:54pm tomorrow night.

Mike, Gary,thank you for your reports. All the best for you both!

236992[/snapback]

Is my SO require to have a copy of my passport? I didn't see anywhere that my passport was needed along with Affidavit of Support.

237009[/snapback]

VO can check how many times you came to China and the exact date of each time via those custom seals.

So your passport copy is a good evidence if you cannot company your SO for interview in case you lost the original air tickets, boarding cards... ; if you come to company her, let her take your passport, the VO will notice you come for her interview--an other side to prove your true love.

Edited by mama bear (see edit history)
I finally got the chance to use the IM and Cam with my wife and daughter after the interview and was able to get some more details

The VO was an American who smiled a lot.

She was asked if I spoke Chinese.  Answer.  A little.

Do you speak English Answer. A little

The rest of the interview was conducted in Mandarin.

What is your husband's name?

How did you meet?

Where does he work?

Asked for I-134.  Wife handed over complete financial section of papers including three year's tax transcripts

Asked for pictures

Daughter was allowed to stand behind mother during interview (age 17)

Daughter was asked no questions

My wife was prepared to answer all these questions and many more in English but it was not necessary.  On the other hand, this was a lot of her English practice and contributed greatly to her confidence and demeanor as the interview began. 

I'm pretty sure things would have been more difficult if she had acted scared or sheepish instead of her normal friendly confident self.

236992[/snapback]

Thanks for the helpful info.

Just curious. Did the VO keep the I-134, or just look at it and return it? Thanks!

Guest pushbrk

236992[/snapback]

Is my SO require to have a copy of my passport? I didn't see anywhere that my passport was needed along with Affidavit of Support.

237009[/snapback]

Your question has been addressed thoroughly in a thread called "Petitioner's Passport" during the last couple of days. If you will be in Guangzhou for the interview, it is a good idea to have your SO take your passport to the interview with her own and hand both to the VO when her's is asked for. Her passport WILL be required. The visa goes in it.

If you will not be at the interview a copy of your passport MIGHT be asked for. If there is a request for more information (blue slip) they may request a notarized copy of your passport. If you ARE NOT THERE in such an instance, the precaution of having already provided this is something you will thank yourself for doing.

Is a copy of your passport in any list of requirements? No. Absolutely not. Is it a good idea when you and your passport will not be in GUZ? I certainly think so.

Edited by pushbrk (see edit history)
Is my SO require to have a copy of my passport?  I didn't see anywhere that my passport was needed along with Affidavit of Support.

237009[/snapback]

Right. I don't remember that connection either. The connection is passport to Interview. So, Interview plus "kitchen sink approach" yields have your passport in GUZ if possible. Otherwise have a recent Affidavit of Support, all that other stuff we talk about here and a notorized copy of your passport.