We passed the AOS interview!!!!!!!!&#3

Hello All,

Just an update on our AOS interview... And I will tell details of how it went and what was asked and asked for, etc.

WE DID PASS!!! Yea Yea Yea

The process only took 1/2 hour from the time we arrived until we walked out the door. Interview was maybe 10 minutes.

To address the camera issue (that has been discussed lately), We were in the Jacksonville FL office and there were only 2 cameras in the waiting room - and I could tell by the layout that there was no way these cameras could see everybody - therefore I don't suspect they watched our behavior prior to being called back to the office.

Only one thing happened that was negative: They asked the translator (we had with us to translate) for her state issued identification........ She didn't have one - she had only brought her passport. I thought it was over at that point. The interviewer kept saying she needed a state issued identification - not a passport. But she finally accepted the passport - and it continued. I was very nervous by this time.

These are the documents she asked to see:

(she looked at these and handed them back)

1) My divorce decree

2) My wifes divorce decree

3) My marriage booklet

4) My wifes marriage booklet

5) My wifes birth certificate

6) My birth certificate

Then she asked to have a copy of:

(she kept this for the file)

1) My 2005 income tax return

What surprised me the most is that she did not ask to see any document that would indictate or prove that my wife and I live together or share any accounts together - no bank statement, no lease, no nothing!!!

She also did not ask to see any photogarphs!!! Wow - weird.

It was as if it was already determined (prior) that we were to pass and that she was merely looking at things to prove that we are actually legally married - and then to have the updated income tax records for our file - that's all.

Anyway - they asked the following questions:

1) How did we meet?

2) Did I enjoy visiting China?

3) Asked me if I was happy with my mariage?

4) Then asked my wife if she was happy with the marriage?

5) And then asked about half of the questions that are on the I485. (are you a commie, terorist, etc)

I think that was all that was asked.

So it is all over - she placed the stamp in my wifes passport and told us to expect the actual 2 year green card soon.

She said most likely we will not have to return in two years to get the 10 year card. She indicated that they only randomly choose some applicants to return for the 10 year card. She just said to keep good records should they be asked for in the case we are called back in for the 10 year card.

So that's it. I hope this helps anybody who is still awaiting their AOS interview.

Oh one last thing - we were the only people in the large waiting area that had large quantities of documents - The most I saw anybody else holding was maybe 10 to 20 pages of paper. I guess I was the only CFL person there - ha ha

Thanks All,

Scott

Congratulations!! Good News!

To clarify - the state issued identification asked was like a driver's license? and not any kind of interpretation certification?

Yes - I think they primarily just look you over to verify that you do seem to be legitimately married, and then simply add documentation to the file.

Congratulations!! Good News!

To clarify - the state issued identification asked was like a driver's license? and not any kind of interpretation certification?

Yes - I think they primarily just look you over to verify that you do seem to be legitimately married, and then simply add documentation to the file.

236793[/snapback]

Yes, state issued drivers license or identification card.

Hello All,

Just an update on our AOS interview... And I will tell details of how it went and what was asked and asked for, etc.

The process only took 1/2 hour from the time we arrived until we walked out the door. Interview was maybe 10 minutes.

To address the camera issue (that has been discussed lately), We were in the Jacksonville FL office and there were only 2 cameras in the waiting room - and I could tell by the layout that there was no way these cameras could see everybody - therefore I don't suspect they watched our behavior prior to being called back to the office.

Only one thing happened that was negative: They asked the translator (we had with us to translate) for her state issued identification........ She didn't have one - she had only brought her passport. I thought it was over at that point. The interviewer kept saying she needed a state issued identification - not a passport. But she finally accepted the passport - and it continued. I was very nervous by this time.

1) My divorce decree

3) My marriage booklet

6) My birth certificate

What surprised me the most is that she did not ask to see any document that would indictate or prove that my wife and I live together or share any accounts together - no bank statement, no lease, no nothing!!!

She also did not ask to see any photogarphs!!!  Wow - weird.

It was as if it was already determined (prior) that we were to pass and that she was merely looking at things to prove that we are actually legally married - and then to have the updated income tax records for our file - that's all.

1) How did we meet?

5) And then asked about half of the questions that are on the I485. (are you a commie, terorist, etc)

So it is all over - she placed the stamp in my wifes passport and told us to expect the actual 2 year green card soon.

She said most likely we will not have to return in two years to get the 10 year card. She indicated that they only randomly choose some applicants to return for the 10 year card. She just said to keep good records should they be asked for in the case we are called back in for the 10 year card.

So that's it. I hope this helps anybody who is still awaiting their AOS interview.

Oh one last thing - we were the only people in the large waiting area that had large quantities of documents - The most I saw anybody else holding was maybe 10 to 20 pages of paper. I guess I was the only CFL person there - ha ha

Thanks All,

Scott

236786[/snapback]

Congratulations <_<

Congratulations!! Glad to hear you were successful! I tried to get an AZ State ID card for Qing and was told she needed her green card before she could be issued a State ID... When we went to the USCIS office for Biometrics I asked about the ID card there and was told she could also get an ID if Qing had an EAD auth, which we didn't apply for. It seems odd to me that they would request that of you instead of the passport, given what I learned about ID's in AZ.

Thanks for the feedback.... very helpful! I'll have a pile of papers when we go in there too. :)

Hello All,

1) My divorce decree

3) My marriage booklet

6) My birth certificate

She also did not ask to see any photogarphs!!!  Wow - weird.

1) How did we meet?

Thanks All,

Scott

236786[/snapback]

Thanks for your post, most informative.

Wheel Man

• 2 weeks later...

Congrats!

My question is about your Lao Po's Birth Cert...

When we came to US on K1 Visa, we handed over the official copy at the Immigration at LAX.

We have a copy that we made, will that work for the AOS interview? You said that they don't really look closely at the stack of paper. Is it worth it for my wife's dad to try to get another official copy sent to America?

Thanks

Congrats!

My question is about your Lao Po's Birth Cert...

When we came to US on K1 Visa, we handed over the official copy at the Immigration at LAX.

We have a copy that we made, will that work for the AOS interview? You said that they don't really look closely at the stack of paper. Is it worth it for my wife's dad to try to get another official copy sent to America?

Thanks

240297[/snapback]

Kevin,

I just made a reply to this in the other thread you started. Sorry I had not read any posts for several days before today - So I just now see it.

Scott