Got grades instead of transcript

Guest pushbrk

Guest pushbrk

I asked my wife to get a notarial copy of our daughter's school transcript. Once she had the translation, she sent me a copy that arrived today. What she got is only a list of her subjects and grades for the most recent semester. Evidently something was lost in the translation of my original request.

Who can help properly explain, in Chinese what is needed to get the daughter credit for her actual high school classes. What do they call the full transcript?

They are headed down to stand in line for the interview now, so I didn't even mention the snafu.

Obviously, I'm behind you and cannot help... but you have always been very informative to me and refuse to bow to criticism or foul remarks when you give advice that others may not agree with. I like that very much about you!! I know everything will work out for you!!!! Good luck and let us know how you make out!! Thanks for all your many efforts on this site!!

Steve

I asked my wife to get a notarial copy of our daughter's school transcript.  Once she had the translation, she sent me a copy that arrived today.  What she got is only a list of her subjects and grades for the most recent semester.  Evidently something was lost in the translation of my original request.

Who can help properly explain, in Chinese what is needed to get the daughter credit for her actual high school classes.  What do they call the full transcript?

They are headed down to stand in line for the interview now, so I didn't even mention the snafu.

236200[/snapback]

Good Luck!!!! I am sure your wife is well prepared :-).

Guest ShaQuaNew

As I'm now in the midst of the process of entering Sarah (15) into school, I can assure you that while a transcript or grades are helpful, they are not likely to be accepted with much weight. Depedending on both the state and school county, many seem to accomodate foreign nationals. Students will be tested in their native language, and if not, you need to find the place that does. This testing will determine not only their levels of subject matter, but also their reading and comprehension levels. Seems that many school districts are more interested in whether or not they have shots. Go figure. Course, we're talking about American schools here. You know, the places where American kids go to get fat, drink coca-cola, and graduate without knowing neither the pythagoreon theorem, or the three branches of US government....