I spoke with my SO this morning and a young lady that was staying in her shared room was asked a question that I have not seen posted on this board. Actually, it was not a question, but a piece of evidence. She was asked to show the receipt proving her fiancee paid his air fare to China. Needless to say, she didn't have this receipt with her, so she received a blue slip. I guess we should be prepared for anything during these interviews. My SO was frantic when we talked. I suggested she study the paperwork I sent her. After some searching she found my receipt.

As part of the original petition sent to USCIS, the USC provides proof of having gone to china and meet the beneficiary in person. That evidence is best done with ticket receipts, boarding pass, pictures, etc...

A VO is permitted to question ANY and ALL evidence that one submits throughout the process. So this request is not unsually from that point of view. If the VO saw something that raises a concern, they will ask about it.

Personally, I submitted copies of my ticket, which shows the prices, and acts as a receipt. (In my case, it is the only receipt proof I would have since I got my ticket via frequently flyer mileage and the ticket only cost me $13... I wondered going through the process if they would question the cost of the ticket)

I spoke with my SO this morning and a young lady that was staying in her shared room was asked a question that I have not seen posted on this board. Actually, it was not a question, but a piece of evidence. She was asked to show the receipt proving her fiancee paid his air fare to China. Needless to say, she didn't have this receipt with her, so she received a blue slip. I guess we should be prepared for anything during these interviews. My SO was frantic when we talked. I suggested she study the paperwork I sent her. After some searching she found my receipt.

236176[/snapback]

My wife was asked to show the airline itineraries for my trips to China which has all that pertinent information included on it during her interview, which she was able to supply.

This is why the kitchen sink approach is recommended. Keep every piece of paper regardless of how insignificant you think it is. After the visa is in hand you can toss a bunch of the junk.

236192[/snapback]

I saved everything from every trip even bus/subway/train tickets for around the areas we went to visit and yes they all went into a scarp/proof book which she took to the interview and I still have sitting on my book shelf.

236176[/snapback]

How I handled this as this topic came up in the past on proof that you paid for your own trip was on the attachment for question 18 on the 129-f . How we met. "after much discussion and planning we decided in meeting in October of 2005 and in July I purchased my ticket from **** travel agency for a round trip ticket to Beijing and back. "see attachment

I included my travel agent invoice which was non refundable along with a copy of my credit card slip and my bill from my credit card company showing this was billed to my account

236176[/snapback]

How I handled this as this topic came up in the past on proof that you paid for your own trip was on the attachment for question 18 on the 129-f . How we met. "after much discussion and planning we decided in meeting in October of 2005 and in July I purchased my ticket from **** travel agency for a round trip ticket to Beijing and back. "see attachment

I included my travel agent invoice which was non refundable along with a copy of my credit card slip and my bill from my credit card company showing this was billed to my account

236204[/snapback]

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...topic=15789&hl=

I believe the probability of this question coming up increases when the petitioners income is low. The want to be assured the petitioner bought the ticket and not the beneficiary.

236186[/snapback]

It happened to us................

I believe the probability of this question coming up increases when the petitioners income is low. The want to be assured the petitioner bought the ticket and not the beneficiary.

236186[/snapback]

I think so, plus overall counting (image, communication skills, other docs) she was not able to convince VO the relationship is genuine.

236186[/snapback]

I think so, plus overall counting (image, communication skills, other docs) she was not able to convince VO the relationship is genuine.

236353[/snapback]

This is one of those hard to define, prove, or substantiate with data... yet I came to the same thought based on close evaluation of interviews over the last year and half...

In a nutshell, what I perceive happens at times is that the VO suspects, questions or raises an eyebrow at something, they will ask for a piece of evidence that may not be necessarily something one might bring to the interview... :D Ok, one of the rare times I fall into a conspiracy theory... but interview experience reveals something along this lines.

A few times, the VO was caught off guard by the beneficiary prepared with the 'kitchen sink' (ergo, why I support this) and the evidence was produced... this can disarm the VO and put the interview back on track to where it should be... APPROVAL !