Got our interview date... Woo Hoo!

Must be a good day to call DOS. We haven't got the P4 yet, but they said it was mailed on July 11. I was definitely shocked with the early interview date she gave over the phone. I was expecting the last week of August or 1st week of September. Imagine our surprise: August 7th Interview date. Woo Hoo!!!

Only 24 more days to spend in China till the interview. I've been here with her for 5 of the last 6 months and it has definitely been a learning experience full of interesting memories that will help me to understand how she will feel in the US.

C'mon Visa here we come!!!

Must be a good day to call DOS.  We haven't got the P4 yet, but they said it was mailed on July 11.  I was definitely shocked with the early interview date she gave over the phone.  I was expecting the last week of August or 1st week of September.  Imagine our surprise:  August 7th Interview date.  Woo Hoo!!! 

Only 24 more days to spend in China till the interview.  I've been here with her for 5 of the last 6 months and it has definitely been a learning experience full of interesting memories that will help me to understand how she will feel in the US

230652[/snapback]

Congratulations and my best wishes for your future together!!!

Must be a good day to call DOS.  We haven't got the P4 yet, but they said it was mailed on July 11.  I was definitely shocked with the early interview date she gave over the phone.  I was expecting the last week of August or 1st week of September.  Imagine our surprise:  August 7th Interview date.  Woo Hoo!!!  

Only 24 more days to spend in China till the interview.  I've been here with her for 5 of the last 6 months and it has definitely been a learning experience full of interesting memories that will help me to understand how she will feel in the US

230652[/snapback]

Congratulations and my best wishes for your future together!!!

230654[/snapback]

Peachy,

Congrats! My SO sent her P3 about a week after you so I am very excited about this as well. I will keep calling and bugging DOS.

Guest pushbrk
Congratulations Peachy. You beat us by one day. Ours is on the 8th. Good luck and best wishes in your new married life.

230663[/snapback]

Yes, congratulations by all means. For those comparing timelines, Peachy's P3 was returned about 5 weeks after Gary and Sherry's and 3 weeks after mine. The latest P3 is the earliest interview by one day. Sherry and my wife interview the same (next) day. The first August interview we became aware of was August 30.

The only consistency in the interview dates is that they are completely unpredictable within a month and it is unreliable to predict the month.

Edited by pushbrk (see edit history)

Congratulations.

We've seen in the past also that the interview dates at the end of the month are filled first (with the earliest applicants), then move toward the beginning, effectively inverting the order.

If they continue to fill August dates, someone could end up with an early August date and as little as two weeks notice. It's happened before.

Congratulations.

We've seen in the past also that the interview dates at the end of the month are filled first (with the earliest applicants), then move toward the beginning, effectively inverting the order.

If they continue to fill August dates, someone could end up with an early August date and as little as two weeks notice. It's happened before.

230677[/snapback]

Thanks for shedding some light on that Randy. I think the DOS lady thought I was having a bad phone connection because I made her repeat it about 3 times. :lol: I kept saying "Are you sure August and NOT September?!?"

I'm not going to look a gift horse in the mouth.... I'll take that date quite happily.

Looking forward to getting back stateside....

I miss a real bed...

I miss a big screen tv...

I miss tivo...

I miss driving my car...

I miss not having to wear slippers inside the house :P

I miss "central" A/C

But most of all, I can't wait to see the US anew through her fresh eyes. She's just as excited as I am.

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!

230692[/snapback]

This is what I found disturbing with the whole process. I filed my I130 in late March 05 and to this very day I am still waiting for name check completion. Peachy filed his I129 at the end of 2005. His interview is scheduled for beginning of August. It is 8 months for Peachy and I have waited 15 months and counting.

This is nothing against Peachy because I am happy for him. I am just so upset with the whole process in general. The process obviously places a higher priority relationship for fiancee over wife.

Rick, I don't want to depress you or anything but since you just started filing your I130 I would suggest you also file for K3 because it is faster than CR1. You need to do some more work when she gets here but at least she will be by your side faster. I just called DOS and they told me to keep on waiting because it is still in the name check process. How much longer? I have no idea but the way it is going I think we will celebrate our 2nd marriage anniversary before getting an interview date.

Guest pushbrk

230692[/snapback]

This is what I found disturbing with the whole process. I filed my I130 in late March 05 and to this very day I am still waiting for name check completion. Peachy filed his I129 at the end of 2005. His interview is scheduled for beginning of August. It is 8 months for Peachy and I have waited 15 months and counting.

This is nothing against Peachy because I am happy for him. I am just so upset with the whole process in general. The process obviously places a higher priority relationship for fiancee over wife.

Rick, I don't want to depress you or anything but since you just started filing your I130 I would suggest you also file for K3 because it is faster than CR1. You need to do some more work when she gets here but at least she will be by your side faster. I just called DOS and they told me to keep on waiting because it is still in the name check process. How much longer? I have no idea but the way it is going I think we will celebrate our 2nd marriage anniversary before getting an interview date.

230695[/snapback]

I think it's important to avoid focusing on single issues to draw cause and effect conclusions. Being held up in namecheck is not a fiance vs spouse issue. It is a unique situation that has it's roots in the individual case.

My "WIFE'S" K3 interview will take place 6.6 months from my petition mailing date. Several of the CFL members who have been stuck in long name check processes KNOW the reason why. In some cases it is extra scrutiny because of the USC's past work in sensitive government areas. Other's are because of the luck of a common name, where a criminal of the same name, gender and DOB may need to be ruled out. There are various reasons.

The "immigrant" CR1 process is more lengthy than the "non-immigrant" K visa process. That's why there is a K3 visa.

I express my gratitude every day that one or more of those things did not befall us in our process, so far.

Congratulations.

230677[/snapback]

Thanks for shedding some light on that Randy. I think the DOS lady thought I was having a bad phone connection because I made her repeat it about 3 times. :P I kept saying "Are you sure August and NOT September?!?"

I'm not going to look a gift horse in the mouth.... I'll take that date quite happily.

I miss a real bed...

I miss tivo...

I miss driving my car...

I miss not having to wear slippers inside the house :P

I miss "central" A/C

But most of all, I can't wait to see the US anew through her fresh eyes. She's just as excited as I am.

230691[/snapback]

Congrats

Good luck on the slippers thing. :lol:

230652[/snapback]

Happy days. Good for you.

I miss a real bed...

I miss tivo...

I miss driving my car...

I miss not having to wear slippers inside the house?:lol:

I miss "central" A/C

230691[/snapback]

Congrats and all the best to your SO's interview!

My husband misses same thing and plus "I miss american style toilet..." :lol:

Edited by mama bear (see edit history)