Hello all just wanted to give everyone a update. Wife interview was 6/14/06. And everything went good she said until close to the end. They asked her about 15 questions. about me are house in kansas city.ect.

The last question they asked her about was my ex-wife. What she thought about us getting married. I had told my wife about her but had not talked a lot. We had been divoried for just short of 18 years. She replyed that she did not know what my ex thought about it.

So that was the delay I had to find my ex and send documents showing were she was etc. But after finding her and getting the info from her. Everything went ok and the visa was granted.

For those coming up too there interview. If there is a ex out there some place. info on them with you is maybe a good thing. What they asked me for was notierzed copys of utility bills, a copy of her new marriage lic.

patrick

I don't understand why I would want to tell my fiance anything about my past marriage except the date we were divorced.  And why would the VO expect my fiance to know anything except the date of divorce.

228374[/snapback]

Maybe this is a way for them to test the SO's reaction and to see how much she knows about you. Bear in mind they are looking to see if there is fraud, maybe the petitioner and his wife got divorced just so the petitioner can marry the beneficiary for money, and after the beneficiarry gets her green card, the petitioner can marry his Ex again! (Just my theory here , I may be wrong). So they want to see that they have (The petitioner and his Ex) seperate residences etc.

I will make sure to get my Ex's utility bills a, get them notarized and bring to GUZ.

I don't understand why I would want to tell my fiance anything about my past marriage except the date we were divorced.  And why would the VO expect my fiance to know anything except the date of divorce.

228374[/snapback]

Maybe this is a way for them to test the SO's reaction and to see how much she knows about you. Bear in mind they are looking to see if there is fraud, maybe the petitioner and his wife got divorced just so the petitioner can marry the beneficiary for money, and after the beneficiarry gets her green card, the petitioner can marry his Ex again! (Just my theory here , I may be wrong). So they want to see that they have (The petitioner and his Ex) seperate residences etc.

I will make sure to get my Ex's utility bills a, get them notarized and bring to GUZ.

228396[/snapback]

I agree that could be a reason. But he had been divorced just short of 18 years. That to me seems way out of line trying to secure information from 18 years past. But, we must give them what they ask for. Yes, a very good idea to secure this kind of information ahead of time.

Thank you for the information Patrick. :)

nice update, thanks Patrick !

I'm with MikeandRong on this... too long a divorce time to make that an issue.

I think it does present the care that the beneficiary has to take in answering questions. I would not of like to hear any followup questions. Like, can you imagine if the Beneficiary says off the cuff, "she's happy for us".. and the VO starts poking deeper to see if the beneficiary even knows they have been divorced for 18 years and the VO assumes there is no contact anyway.

To me, this is the inconsistent, human factor that bothers me. Many others meet their SOs at very close proximity to divorces with no questions asked.

Glad for happy ending...

Even IF you could find out where your ex wife is living, how would you ever get a hold of her utility bills? Or, Patrick, did you mean your own utility bills? How would you get a copy of her new marriage license? What if she wasn't married? I don't know about the rest of you, but my ex wives were not on the best of terms with me when we split. :)

Edited by RLS (see edit history)
Guest pushbrk
nice update, thanks Patrick !

I'm with MikeandRong on this...  too long a divorce time to make that an issue.   

I think it does present the care that the beneficiary has to take in answering questions.  I would not of like to hear any followup questions.  Like, can you imagine if the Beneficiary says off the cuff, "she's happy for us".. and the VO starts poking deeper to see if the beneficiary even knows they have been divorced for 18 years and the VO assumes there is no contact anyway.

To me, this is the inconsistent, human factor that bothers me. Many others meet their SOs at very close proximity to divorces with no questions asked.

Glad for happy ending...

228409[/snapback]

18 years is a very long time. I guess I'll prep my wife to know something to say besides, "I don't know." I don't know where my most recent ex wife is and haven't for 17 years. The GIV-24 will reflect exactly that.

My wife can say the mother of my children lives near me but I only see her at my daughters' weddings and graduations and that I haven't seen my second wife in 17 years. That will be the answer to any question about former spouses. It shows that my wife is informed and there is no ongoing relationship with either former spouse. It would be extremely difficult to provide any more than that.

Edited by pushbrk (see edit history)
Even IF you could find out where your ex wife is living, how would you ever get a hold of her utility bills?  Or, Patrick, did you mean your own utility bills?  How would you get a copy of her new marriage license?  What if she  wasn't married?  I don't know about the rest of you, but my ex wives were not on the best of terms with me when we split.  :)

228420[/snapback]

So true. I plan to ask my son to get it for me, because if I asked my EX directly.... watch out..... But really I don't understad their demanding of this stuff when a lot of Ex's wouldn't provide you with this kind of informarion.

The 18 years of divorce, doesn't make any sense to me either.... but I guess we have to do what we are asked

Edited by stacato (see edit history)