Visit often necessary?

Of course I wish I could see her every day. It was 8 months since I saw her before our last visit. It has been 8 months almost to the day again.

However this time I am not in the position to take at trip, my savings are almost gone, and I just found out that my company is making a few cutbacks. I am one.

I live in a small town, 2 grocery stores, 6 gas stations, 3 dollar stores, and about 5 fast food joints. No real industry or other business to speak of. The surrounding towns are about as crappy. It looks like i'll have to move a good ways to find work, so there goes what I've saved up.

If the timelines hold true for me, it may be 8 months or more before her interview. That will make 16 months since I have seen her.

Is that likely to be a major factor in the outcome of her getting a visa?

The amount of time I didnt see her? Most jobs I've had require a years work before a weeks vacation is given. Anyone heard of a denial based on excessive time apart?

18 months between the first time I was in China to meet Jen and her interview. There has been a debate about this very thing but it seems like you should be OK. It may be asked why you only visited once and it may be helpful if you are there for the interview so she can say you are here and show your passport to proove it.

To put it simply, it should not be an issue, but it is good advice to at least prepare for it to be questioned.

Guest pushbrk
18 months between the first time I was in China to meet Jen and her interview. There has been a debate about this very thing but it seems like you should be OK. It may be asked why you only visited once and it may be helpful if you are there for the interview so she can say you are here and show your passport to proove it.

To put it simply, it should not be an issue, but it is good advice to at least prepare for it to be questioned.

226045[/snapback]

You are not required to visit multiple times. You are required to meet a fiance in person within two years of petitioning for a visa AND to show evidence of an ongoing relationship. Marriage tends to trump the "met the fiance in person" requirement. ;)

The VO may well ask about the number and timing of visits. It IS a fairly common question, so your SO should be prepared to answer it honestly and accurately, including an explanation for the lack of or long time between visits. Your loss of job and vacation benefits is a legitimate reason but if I were you I would have a document from your new employer verifying vacation policy, if it is a reason for not visiting. A general rule, is that if you are going to assert something, have the papers to back it up.

Edited by pushbrk (see edit history)

you can be sure that there is probably a denial for everything under the sun...

I can recall a few cases where visitation became an issue.. it would seem to depend on the VOs sword, labeled 'discretionary powers'...

I think for married couples it can raise a brow a little higher than for fiancee... but don't let it weight heavy on you... hopefully the VO takes the entire case into consideration... but have an answer and be able to back it up.

Are there any previous marriages or children on either side? What can happen is that to test this 'separated state', a few questions are asked directed at seeing what she knows about your (and your past)...

A friend of mine passed her K3 on June 7. The petitioner only visited her once cuz they have small kids who need resources and they had to save unnecessary expenses.

VO asked questions about her two stepdaughters. She used dating service in Guangzhou and the marriage broker only gave her emails without head: content only. VO folded the Chinese and asked her to read the email content in English - she read it in broken English and with Cantonese accent. Passed!

My two yuan. Went once for a K1. After SO went back 3 times with overcome for different things case was kicked back stateside. Under review now. One of the reasons listed on denial from GUZ was lack of visting. When was that possible? I was here sending overcome to SO. When they lost the file between NVS and Lincoln for 4 months? I hope all goes smooth for you and yours. Don't give up :rolleyes: