The Wait Will Soon Be Over

Dear Friends,

Lynn just contacted me and informed me that she has her Visa in Hand. I am currently working on the ceiling in our house and getting ready for work. Just for fun and since it is certain that all is well,I recieved the following from Guangzhou dated March 13. We can laugh at this now but not so long ago it would have sent me into a spasm.

GuangzhouIV <GuangzhouIV@state.gov>

To :"XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX'"

Subject : RE: Let My Beloved Come Home.

Date :Thu, 13 Mar 2003 14:52:30 +0800

The Consulate is waiting for Washington to send a clearance cable before we may proceed with issuance of your fiancee's visa. When the cable is

received and the visa may be placed in the passport, a call-in letter will

be sent to your fiancee to collect her passport. Unfortunately, we cannot

predict when the clearance cable will be received.

Original Message

Sent : Thursday, February 06, 2003 1:39 PM

To : GuangzhouIV

Subject: FW: Let My Beloved Come Home.

Dear Friends,

Lynn just contacted me and informed me that she has her Visa in Hand. I am currently working on the ceiling in our house and getting ready for work. Just for fun and since it is certain that all is well,I recieved the following from Guangzhou dated March 13. We can laugh at this now but not so long ago it would have sent me into a spasm. 

GuangzhouIV <GuangzhouIV@state.gov> 

To :"XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX'"   

Subject : RE: Let My Beloved Come Home. 

Date :Thu, 13 Mar 2003 14:52:30 +0800 

The Consulate is waiting for Washington to send a clearance cable before we may proceed with issuance of your fiancee's visa.  When the cable is

received and the visa may be placed in the passport, a call-in letter will

be sent to your fiancee to collect her passport.  Unfortunately, we cannot

predict when the clearance cable will be received. 

Original Message

Sent : Thursday, February 06, 2003 1:39 PM

To    : GuangzhouIV

Subject: FW: Let My Beloved Come Home.

;)

Congrats!

Sometimes I really wonder what the hell is going on over there in GZ?

1. They don't answer e-mails.

2. They answer only a fraction of phone calls.

3. Piles of papers sit unopened for weeks/months at a time.

4. They rarely give accurate information

5. They rarely have accurate information

6. They issue visas and at the same report that they are still pending...

7. They are often rude on the phone and frequently hang up on people.

8. They deliberately mislead people on their official website about timelines.

9. They seem to have no idea nor do they care about the actual timlelines.

10. These folks are in charge of national security.

Out taxdollars at work.

;) ;) ;) :blink:

dave

Congratulations again to you, Joseph, and best wishes. It will be fun and exciting for the people in your part of Kentucky to see they have an unusual person in their midst, y'all will probably be in the newspaper!!! And she is lucky to finally get to be with you again and to be going to such a beautiful state in the springtime.

Be prepared to wait for another 6-8 weeks for SS card here! 6-8 what? Sound familiar! Same Uncle Sam agencies -- they told me they need to check with INS for verification. I thought there should be a live feed to their SS office. Ooops, forgot their systems don't talk to each other, for which we paid the price of 7 months!!! I asked if the stamp is from the INS? He said he still needed to check. My step-daughter works for SS, she said this is the procedure now!

What the heck, anyway get her here ASAP! At least you can wait together on this one. Congratulations!!!

Congrats!

Sometimes I really wonder what the hell is going on over there in GZ?

1. They don't answer e-mails.

2. They answer only a fraction of phone calls.

3. Piles of papers sit unopened for weeks/months at a time.

4. They rarely give accurate information

5. They rarely have accurate information

6. They issue visas and at the same report that they are still pending...

7. They are often rude on the phone and frequently hang up on people.

8. They deliberately mislead people on their official website about timelines.

9. They seem to have no idea nor do they care about the actual timlelines.

10. These folks are in charge of national security.

Out taxdollars at work.

:D  :)  :D  :(

dave

Well said Dave. As always, your remarks are right on the money. B)

Congrats and God bless Joseph. You have waited a long, long, time. When will she be coming home? :huh:  :D

She will arrive in NYC on Thursday. I am driving up to get her. It will be full moon. In all this I forgot that its spring. Thats allways a good time of year for love and fertility you know. In the newness of life we walk together into the light. Carry forth that hope and dream which has been heard but seldom seen.

Congrats and God bless Joseph. You have waited a long, long, time. When will she be coming home? :lol:  :lol:

She will arrive in NYC on Thursday. I am driving up to get her. It will be full moon. In all this I forgot that its spring. Thats allways a good time of year for love and fertility you know. In the newness of life we walk together into the light. Carry forth that hope and dream which has been heard but seldom seen.

Congrats Joseph!!!! :D :D

Congrats and God bless Joseph. You have waited a long, long, time. When will she be coming home? :lol:  ;)

we should have a "house inspection" forum ya know.. trading tips... not to get in trouble... ;) ;)

Joseph.. get cranked up on this thing ! LOL