I have read where the time between P3 and P4 is on the average of 40 days. My SO continually called GUZ and was told everytime that her background check was in process. I called yesterday (06-16-06 4PM) but called DOS. I received a totally different answer. I am told she has indeed passed all the background checks and is in queue for an interview. Why does DOS have more information than GUZ? How hard is it to schedule an interview? Am I missing something here? Doesn't GUZ have computers? Doctors schedule people months in advance, why can't GUZ? :angry:

224573[/snapback]

I'm sure the could schedule in advance but, as they say, "Be careful what you wish for!"

I'd rather sweat out whether I will get a July, August (or even September) interview date on a day-by-day basis than know I had a firm appointment for December 16th. YMMV

I just got off the phone with DOS. I asked specific questions. I was told my wife is eligible for interview and the name check is complete but no interview has been scheduled. I was told that her name check was completed in March which means that it was done at the NVC because the package was sent to GUZ on March 6 and did not arrive until 4/18. I asked about the date the eligible for interview date changed and he could not tell me that. SO>>>>>>>We too are waiting for the next step as it appears a lot of us are. Maybe that is why it is taking so long to set the interview dates.

I am sending my wife documents next week via DHL, 3 day delivery to her door, so they say.

Edited by Lowen/Zhang (see edit history)
Guest pushbrk
I just got off the phone with DOS. I asked specific questions. I was told my wife is eligible for interview and the name check is complete but no interview has been scheduled. I was told that her name check was completed in March which means that it was done at the NVC because the package was sent to GUZ on March 6 and did not arrive until 4/18. I asked about the date the eligible for interview date changed and he could not tell me that. SO>>>>>>>We too are waiting for the next step as it appears a lot of us are. Maybe that is why it is taking so long to set the interview dates.

I am sending my wife documents next week via DHL, 3 day delivery to her door, so they say.

224667[/snapback]

I suspect that 5/8 is the day your SO became eligible for interview. Generally GUZ acknowledges receipt when they look at the P3 and determine that your are paperwork eligible for interview. That's when you go in the queue.

I hope GUZ uses the lull in K1's from NVC, to perhaps try to get caught up before the flood of post-IMBRA K1's arrives from CIS/NVC.

Per DSL tracking (and my error prone math):

In March 2006, NVC shipped 223 pieces to GUZ.

In April 2006, NVC shipped 117 pieces to GUZ.

In May 2006 NVC shipped 76 pieces to GUZ.

Presumably the marked decline of pieces is due to IMBRA.

In April 2006, NVC took delivery of at least 180 pieces.

In May 2006, NVC took delivery of 122 pieces.

So far in June with one-half of the month gone, GUZ has only taken delivery of 22 pieces.

I have read where the time between P3 and P4 is on the average of 40 days. My SO continually called GUZ and was told everytime that her background check was in process. I called yesterday (06-16-06 4PM) but called DOS. I received a totally different answer. I am told she has indeed passed all the background checks and is in queue for an interview. Why does DOS have more information than GUZ? How hard is it to schedule an interview? Am I missing something here? Doesn't GUZ have computers? Doctors schedule people months in advance, why can't GUZ? :D

224573[/snapback]

So far this year the interviews scheduled by GUZ appear to be ad-hoc at best with no attention payed to the rules of FIFO. In looking at your timeline, it looks like you've been cleared for the interview so all that GUZ needs to do is schedule the next round, which will likely be for August.

224577[/snapback]

The rules of FIFO? I loathe to think how slow the process would be if FIFO rules were followed. Background checks, for example. I would assume that it is WAY quicker to get background on residents of GD province, over somone from Xinjiang or otherwise outlying and small in population.

if we had to wait until that example case got through...

Their are just too many factors, and no small element of dumb luck, to speculate. Let's just focus on helping each other out, and not focusing on unfairness in timelines. It is the process and not the individual, that resulted in different timelines.