I have read where the time between P3 and P4 is on the average of 40 days. My SO continually called GUZ and was told everytime that her background check was in process. I called yesterday (06-16-06 4PM) but called DOS. I received a totally different answer. I am told she has indeed passed all the background checks and is in queue for an interview. Why does DOS have more information than GUZ? How hard is it to schedule an interview? Am I missing something here? Doesn't GUZ have computers? Doctors schedule people months in advance, why can't GUZ? :(

Guest ShaQuaNew
I have read where the time between P3 and P4 is on the average of 40 days. My SO continually called GUZ and was told everytime that her background check was in process. I called yesterday (06-16-06 4PM) but called DOS. I received a totally different answer. I am told she has indeed passed all the background checks and is in queue for an interview. Why does DOS have more information than GUZ? How hard is it to schedule an interview? Am I missing something here? Doesn't GUZ have computers? Doctors schedule people months in advance, why can't GUZ? :(

224573[/snapback]

So far this year the interviews scheduled by GUZ appear to be ad-hoc at best with no attention payed to the rules of FIFO. In looking at your timeline, it looks like you've been cleared for the interview so all that GUZ needs to do is schedule the next round, which will likely be for August.

224573[/snapback]

If she used the 'Visa call center' for GZ (the pay center), it is not actually a part of GZ, but a third party service hired by GZ to let people know when their interview is in queue, and what the interview date is.

I think their computers are updated every monday, and they are not connected to GZ.

DOS, however, is directly connected to the GZ system and can give you more reliable info.

Bottom line: DOS is the more reliable information

224573[/snapback]

If she used the 'Visa call center' for GZ (the pay center), it is not actually a part of GZ, but a third party service hired by GZ to let people know when their interview is in queue, and what the interview date is.

I think their computers are updated every monday, and they are not connected to GZ.

DOS, however, is directly connected to the GZ system and can give you more reliable info.

Bottom line: DOS is the more reliable information

224590[/snapback]

I also am " in queue for interview" as of a couple days ago. It is hard to wait as many plans need to be made. I have been calling DOS every day :P

Guest pushbrk

224573[/snapback]

Indeed the most reliable information will come from DOS. It seems the GUZ pay for no service number is a waist of time and money.

Tac indicates "in queue" as of 6/14 and so do I. If it is convenient for you to call DOS again, I would ask for the date the status changed to "eligible for interview" and the date the name check was complete. Both are data points of interest but the "eligible" date will help the rest of us see how long it is taking between eligible date and the scheduling of the interview.

We have seen some interviews scheduled on as short as two weeks notice. This is the time of month it seems more likely for that to happen, so calling DOS frequently could end up giving you a much needed extra week of notice over waiting for the P4 receipt.

If there is anything at all besides the actual medical that your SO will be needing for the interview, now is the time to get it to her post haste.

Thanks to all that have replied. If possible I think this information should be made available to all petitioners so they don't waste the money we have by calling a 3rd party service. It is a simple process calling DOS. Simply call 1-202-663-1225.. Press 1 0 0 (immediately.. Don't wait for the messages to complete) I had a representative on the phone almost immediately.

For those tracking, my SO's application was eligable for interview on 05-19-06. Her name check has not been done? I questioned the DOS rep why the name check had not been done and was told this may be done after the interview and may take 2 weeks. Has anyone heard of the name check being done after the interview? I was also informed my SO will probably have her interview scheduled in August.

Trying to see the GZ side of things, I think they got so many calls from Chinese women asking 'When is the interview' 'Wheres my P3' that they had to create some type of outlet for them without using up staff or money.

I think we all would rather GZ be processing P3's and P4's than be answering calls about them!

Thats another reason we all call DOS ! Good luck to you guys, let us know when you hear something!!!

Edited by ameriken (see edit history)
Thanks to all that have replied. If possible I think this information should be made available to all petitioners so they don't waste the money we have by calling a 3rd party service. It is a simple process calling DOS. Simply call 1-202-663-1225.. Press 1 0 0 (immediately.. Don't wait for the messages to complete) I had a representative on the phone almost immediately.

For those tracking, my SO's application was eligable for interview on 05-19-06. Her name check has not been done? I questioned the DOS rep why the name check had not been done and was told this may be done after the interview and may take 2 weeks. Has anyone heard of the name check being done after the interview? I was also informed my SO will probably have her interview scheduled in August.

224604[/snapback]

Never heard of a name check being done after the interview. I would call and try to get another rep on the phone. You must have gotten a newbie.

Guest pushbrk

224604[/snapback]

The DOS person might have misunderstood your question. If your SO is eligible for interview, there are no name checks pending. There would only be a name check after the interview if you got a blue slip AND there was an associated reason to do another name check.

Be assured two namechecks have been initiated. The first one was completed before you got NOA2. Another was initiated at NVC. Often that name check is complete before the petition leaves NVC.

Edited by pushbrk (see edit history)

Follow-up for ameriken. I see other people stating DOS stated the name check had been completed. When I posed this question to the DOS rep, she simply said "No name check had been requested". I questioned her on this, explaining I was a member of CFL and almost all members state that their name check had been completed. She said there are times where a name check is not requested or one is requested after the interview for security reasons. I doubt this will happen to my SO, so I am going to go on the assumption everything is in order. I will be sending out my package to my SO next week just in case GUZ decides to surprise us with an early date. Thanks for the suggestion.

Follow-up for ameriken. I see other people stating DOS stated the name check had been completed. When I posed this question to the DOS rep, she simply said "No name check had been requested". I questioned her on this, explaining I was a member of CFL and almost all members state that their name check had been completed. She said there are times where a name check is not requested or one is requested after the interview for security reasons. I doubt this will happen to my SO, so I am going to go on the assumption everything is in order. I will be sending out my package to my SO next week just in case GUZ decides to surprise us with an early date. Thanks for the suggestion.

224626[/snapback]

Yes, I would think that if you are in the interview queue, that she will be ok, and based on everything I have seen, if she is in the queue, then all required name checks are completed.

The post-interview name check just doesnt seem right. Why request a security check that could take 1 to 6 months to complete for a person with a visa who could already be in the US before the name check is even recieved in DC ?

Perhaps this is a good question to post in 'Guz speaks' forum in the Guz section of CFL.

Guest pushbrk

224626[/snapback]

Yes, I would think that if you are in the interview queue, that she will be ok, and based on everything I have seen, if she is in the queue, then all required name checks are completed.

The post-interview name check just doesnt seem right. Why request a security check that could take 1 to 6 months to complete for a person with a visa who could already be in the US before the name check is even recieved in DC ?

Perhaps this is a good question to post in 'Guz speaks' forum in the Guz section of CFL.

224632[/snapback]

If there is a name check requested "after" the interview, the applicant does NOT have a visa. They are in some sort of blue slipped administrative review.

"No name check requested" is what I would expect DOS to say. This means the NVC name check was the last one and it is completed.

Edited by pushbrk (see edit history)

224632[/snapback]

I think their standard answer would be, "it's case specific and anything can happen".. it is not unheard of for a case to go to administrative review out of an interview, which could include a name check...

I would guess that DOS is answering based on all consulates around the world.. I don't know that we get much 'guangzhou' specific comments from them...