IMBRA Please Help

I don’t know if it’s IMBRA or just normal Government incompetence but… those of us who have receipt dates post 3/6 are going nowhere. I called my Congressman’s Immigration aide today. I said I was I amazed at the incompentcy of the government. I mentioned the VA scandal and uscis in particular. She agreed. I told her that the uscis knew months before about the ramifications of this act. I said my application was approaching 100 days and had not been touched. I told her the uscis website had not been updated for almost a month. She agreed that it was a disaster. Please call you representative/ senator and complain!!

I know there is only a few here that this act of incompetence is affecting. But, we got to do something. For what it’s worth I’m also writing a letter here: I’ll post it later and you can copy mine or write your own but Please do something! If anyone has and suggestions who else to call or write…. Let me know. Thanks

Case problems result when USCIS customers, despite repeated inquiries with USCIS, have been unable to obtain a resolution to issues in their pending application or petition filed with USCIS.

If you have an ongoing or immediate issue with the USCIS, contact the CIS Ombudsman if:

• You are facing, or are about to face, an immediate adverse action or impact, an emergency, or any other type of significant hardship, which is caused by an action/inaction/delay in processing by the USCIS, or a problem, which could not be resolved through the normal processes provided for by USCIS;

• Your case experienced processing delays beyond anticipated processing times;

• You will incur, or are about to incur, significant, and unusual costs (including fees for professional representation that are not normally incurred);

• Have not received a response or resolution within the anticipated time frames as published by the USCIS

Via regular mail:

Citizenship and Immigration Services Ombudsman

ATTN: Case Problems

United States Department of Homeland Security

Mail Stop 1225

Washington, D.C. 20528-1225

Via courier service:

Citizenship and Immigration Services Ombudsman

ATTN: Case Problems

United States Department of Homeland Security

245 Murray Lane

Mail Stop 1225

Washington, D.C. 20528-1225

It was my understanding from my Lawyer that the Law currently is only affecting K1 visa and not K3, which you have actually filed for by filing the I-130. The I-130 received date is prior to the 3/6 date by your timeline. Shouldn't the CR1 still be processing and the K3? I don't know. Fortunately I got in under the wire and really feel for those that didn't. I know that I have been a wreck through this and we are close now but still want it to be over. I will do what ever I can to help those in a stall patern.

It was my understanding from my Lawyer that the Law currently is only affecting K1 visa and not K3, which you have actually filed for by filing the I-130. The I-130 received date is prior to the 3/6 date by your timeline. Shouldn't the CR1 still be processing and the K3? I don't know. Fortunately I got in under the wire and really feel for those that didn't. I know that I have been a wreck through this and we are close now but still want it to be over. I will do what ever I can to help those in a stall patern.

223709[/snapback]

It affects both fiance and spousal. The I130 is still processing but everything at uscis has come to a crawl. Maybe I should send her a ticket to Mexico.... I guess that's another story. Thanks for any help..

Guest pushbrk

223709[/snapback]

It affects both fiance and spousal. The I130 is still processing but everything at uscis has come to a crawl. Maybe I should send her a ticket to Mexico.... I guess that's another story. Thanks for any help..

223713[/snapback]

IMBRA has no direct impact on I-130 based spousal petitions. Indirectly, the hold on I-129F processing my have an indirect impact on C/IR1 filings by speeding them up, particular ones like your own that were filed before March 5 anyway. We've seen some evidence of this already.

Your own CR1 case is well within the expected service center processing time. Unless there are case related issues to delay it, I would expect your CR1 approval within 30 days.

223709[/snapback]

223713[/snapback]

IMBRA has no direct impact on I-130 based spousal petitions. Indirectly, the hold on I-129F processing my have an indirect impact on C/IR1 filings by speeding them up, particular ones like your own that were filed before March 5 anyway. We've seen some evidence of this already.

Your own CR1 case is well within the expected service center processing time. Unless there are case related issues to delay it, I would expect your CR1 approval within 30 days.

223722[/snapback]

Yeah Mike.. I can only hope it's processed within 30 days. The website, which has not been updated in almost a month, was showing processing dates of 12/17/05. Is it conceivable that uscis can process 2 months of petitions within 30 days.. I'm not betting on that dog.

Guest pushbrk

223709[/snapback]

223713[/snapback]

223722[/snapback]

Yeah Mike.. I can only hope it's processed within 30 days. The website, which has not been updated in almost a month, was showing processing dates of 12/17/05. Is it conceivable that uscis can process 2 months of petitions within 30 days.. I'm not betting on that dog.

223729[/snapback]

And you don't need to bet on that dog. One of the most misunderstood things about the process (at least among those things that CAN be understood) is the meaning of the posted processing dates.

Those dates have proven to be nothing more than an indicator of the oldest case on hand that has not yet been adjudicated. It is probably waiting for an RFE response from the petitioner. The date won't change until that case or cases has been adjudicated. It has no bearing on when other cases will be approved.

Adjudication is a multi-step process hopefully concludes with an approval.

This is the latest I-130 approval I've seen. Here's an excerpt from the timeline.

02/27/06 Filed CR-1, I-130 thru TSC

03/13/06 NOA1 for I-130

03/14/06 $190 check cleared bank

03/18/06 Submitted I-129f to Chicago office

03/24/06 NOA1 for I-129f

03/27/06 $170 check cleared bank

06/08/06 Received e-mail that I-130 was approved

Edited by pushbrk (see edit history)

223709[/snapback]

223713[/snapback]

223722[/snapback]

223729[/snapback]

And you don't need to bet on that dog. One of the most misunderstood things about the process (at least among those things that CAN be understood) is the meaning of the posted processing dates.

Those dates have proven to be nothing more than an indicator of the oldest case on hand that has not yet been adjudicated. It is probably waiting for an RFE response from the petitioner. The date won't change until that case or cases has been adjudicated. It has no bearing on when other cases will be approved.

This is the latest I-130 approval I've seen. Here's an excerpt from the timeline.

03/13/06 NOA1 for I-130

03/24/06 NOA1 for I-129f

223732[/snapback]

Well I hope you are right about the dates... uscis csr told me those dates are when the cases are sent to an immigration officer and that I could expect an approval, denial or rfe within 2 to 4 weeks of reaching the dates.

Guest pushbrk

223709[/snapback]

223713[/snapback]

223722[/snapback]

223729[/snapback]

03/13/06 NOA1 for I-130

03/24/06 NOA1 for I-129f

223732[/snapback]

Well I hope you are right about the dates... uscis csr told me those dates are when the cases are sent to an immigration officer and that I could expect an approval, denial or rfe within 2 to 4 weeks of reaching the dates.

223735[/snapback]

Be prepared to be pleasantly surprised. By that time you'll be through with USCIS. :-)

When you look at the instructions for using those dates, you'll see they basically say don't call us and complain until 30 days after the processing date catches up with your NOA1 date. All the CSR's are doing is setting your expectations to the lowest point.

The only place you can expect reliable information during the process is from DOS, including NVC.

Edited by pushbrk (see edit history)

Hi Stephen:

When I try to click on that link, I get:

404 - Requested Page Not Found on Site

223888[/snapback]

Dosen't work anymore... USCIS announced that it will issue RFEs for over 10,000 I-129F petitions on hold at the Service Centers to comply with the International Marriage Brokers Regulation Act of 2005, which requires that petitioners disclose relevant criminal background information to DHS/CIS and that DHS provide this information to the foreign fiancé(e) or spouse. AILA Doc. No. 06061361.

It said RFEs will be going out when OMB approves the template

Guest pushbrk

Hi Stephen:

When I try to click on that link, I get:

404 - Requested Page Not Found on Site

223888[/snapback]

Dosen't work anymore... USCIS announced that it will issue RFEs for over 10,000 I-129F petitions on hold at the Service Centers to comply with the International Marriage Brokers Regulation Act of 2005, which requires that petitioners disclose relevant criminal background information to DHS/CIS and that DHS provide this information to the foreign fianc?e) or spouse. AILA Doc. No. 06061361.

It said RFEs will be going out when OMB approves the template

223894[/snapback]

I suspect they withdrew the press release because it led people to believe the RFE's were imminent but that the new I-129F would be out later in June. My bet is that neither assertion is actually correct and somebody in authority noticed.

It does reveal, however their intention to send RFE's to those now in limbo. We expected that. I suspect the RFE language will be approved faster than a new I-129F will but even the format of the RFE is not yet approved.

isn't the word, "when" such a *^#*#?