well, after going through all the stuff i had to go through, now i'm waiting for my wife to finish visiting her family, which i endorced and encouraged her to do. once she is done she will fly to the usa, i expect her june 23. thats only 2 weeks, compared to waiting nearly 9 months for our visa. ok i know there are a lot of you still in process, and i encourage you to just, as my wife says, wait the time. but i am full of the same feelings as waiting for noa-s or p3 or whatever. i'm not getting much sympathy here am i? lol. good luck everyone.

Edited by hunter (see edit history)

Hey Hunter

Congratulations, and wishes for a long and happy life.

I am hoping, from guestimations from other's timelines, that our interview will be mid-August or later. If this holds true, I will be in Guangzhou with Manyun. Any sooner may cause a conflict. I have told her and her family that upon successful completion for the interview we will hold two celebrations, One in Shenzhen, and the other in Wuhan, so that all of her family may attend.

This will serve the same purpose...give her and her daughter time to say their goodbyes, and give them the assurance that Manyun's coming to the US is a cause for celebration. I am trying to factor in travel time, visitation, etc. No way I can buy the tix in advance, but no matter. The cost is immeasurable compared to what she will feel.

Sympathy??? Not on your backside, buddy!!!!!

Mike

Hunter,

You are VERY lucky and you know it!

BUT I have told Loving Candle to go home for one month after we are approved. It is only right, and this is your family for the rest of your lives!

-James

Hunter,

You are VERY lucky and you know it!

BUT I have told Loving Candle to go home for one month after we are approved.  It is only right, and this is your family for the rest of your lives!

-James

223077[/snapback]

There are so many things about this process that I don't understand. And here's one of them: Why isn't the month before the interview just as good for saying goodbyes to family and friends as the month after the interview? Guangzhou is a major airport, she could be here in just a matter of hours.......

Ok, I admire your confidence travelers. Lets say a month before her interview she quits her job, dumps her house, cancels all her utilities. Then visits the family for a month before her interview. Now, imagine after the interview she gets a blue slip and now she is stuck. Nobody can see in the future and though your level of faith is awesome, its always good to plan just in case.

Ok, I admire your confidence travelers. Lets say a month before her interview she quits her job, dumps her house, cancels all her utilities. Then visits the family for a month before her interview. Now, imagine after the interview she gets a blue slip and now she is stuck. Nobody can see in the future and though your level of faith is awesome, its always good to plan just in case.

223134[/snapback]

OK, point well taken. My SO is retired, will keep the house for son who will stay there for one year while he finishes high school, and all her friends and family are right there in the same city, some within walking distance, the other only a bus ride away. She still wants a month after the interview.

223134[/snapback]

OK, point well taken. My SO is retired, will keep the house for son who will stay there for one year while he finishes high school, and all her friends and family are right there in the same city, some within walking distance, the other only a bus ride away. She still wants a month after the interview.

223158[/snapback]

I think that she wants the month for celebration with her family, the same as my Loving Candle. Until she passes, there is nothing to celebrate! :)

-James

223134[/snapback]

223158[/snapback]

I think that she wants the month for celebration with her family, the same as my Loving Candle. Until she passes, there is nothing to celebrate! :shutup:

-James

223196[/snapback]

And of course you agree, figuring it will take you a full month to clean the house. ;)