K-3 and CR1

Guest ShaQuaNew

Here's a question to CR1s :

Since the P3 date is really prior to the NVC completed date (opposite for a K# )...  do you want to see anything for P3 date ?

In the past, the P3 for CR1 was usually put in the charts as the NVC complete date.. in this way, the date for all visa types were consistent in terms of when they were sent to GUZ.

So, do CR1s want to see P3 dates (prior to NVC Complete) in a chart ??

210493[/snapback]

Yes I do agree with you. Also it may eliminate some confusion with newbies confusing the cr-1 P-3 and the K P-3

210733[/snapback]

As I think more about this.. I think that the NVC complete dates for both should just be that... and I don't think that P3 for CR1 is useful.

Maybe we have P3 OUT for K#; and have Case at GUZ for CR1s (as this is the only milestone for them between NVC complete and P4 ??

What about the date of the electronic file?  Any use?  It's easier to track than DHL shipments and is kept by NVC.  Per NVC the physical files are sent withint 2 days of the e-file submission.

210811[/snapback]

For NVC completed/approved, we're using the "SENT" date when possible.. that gives us the last time it was in NVCs hands... And I think this is good to do for all visa types.

For CR1s, I think the best thing to do is have their next two columns (which are P3 In , P3 Out for K#s).. be: Case entered by GUZ and Name check complete.

Since CR1s seem [at least more so this year] to be caught in various delays at the GUZ phase, I think I would like to track them more thoroughly through GUZ rather than through NVC....

So for a CR1, we would be tracking:

NVC Sent to GUZ (actual sent date)

GUZ entered case in computer

Name Check complete

P4

Interview

For K#s:

NVC Sent to GUZ (actual sent date)

P3 In

P3 Out

P4

Interview

I think that what I hope to see better is where the GUZ delays are occurring for people... In some cases, it is a P3 or P4 mixup, or a namecheck delay... or for those with children, it seems to be slowed down a bit.

BTW: I've collected the history for YTD interviews and have the data including the visa center, submission date, P2, and the above items...

• 1 month later...
I am attempting to compile a list of all CR1 and K3 petitions for Candle members. It will make it much easier to compile a timeline listing if those of you that want to be included, make sure that your timeline signature is up-to-date, and clearly indicates the petition type (CR1 and K3).

Please respond here if you want to be included in this new listing.

Thanks

209871[/snapback]

Hello All,

I signed up here for this very information; I am new as of today but was hoping to find some type of definitive list showing how long it may take to bring my wife here via the I-130/K-3 process... is there such a thing? A list stating how long it takes from beginning to end? I am not referring to reading everyone's signature and trying to decipher it all; rather I was wondering if there is something that says:

Fred & Wilma: 1 year, 2 days

Dick & Jane: 7.5 months

John & Mary: 2 years, 3 weeks, etc.

Does anyone know of such a thing specifically for the K-3 Visa in reference to a SPOUSE, not a Fiance?

That being said; once I read some posts, I can see that this is a very informative site filled with lots of people who really seem to care about one another. I am glad to be a member... although I am new to newsgroups or bulletin boards or chat rooms or whatever this is, so please bear with me and I apologize if I am posting/replying incorrectly!

Oh yea, and what is a CR1?? Is that the acronym for the I-130? Thanks in advance and Hello!!

Edited by Zhen's Tiger (see edit history)
Guest pushbrk
I am attempting to compile a list of all CR1 and K3 petitions for Candle members. It will make it much easier to compile a timeline listing if those of you that want to be included, make sure that your timeline signature is up-to-date, and clearly indicates the petition type (CR1 and K3).

Thanks

209871[/snapback]

Hello All,

I signed up here for this very information; I am new as of today but was hoping to find some type of definitive list showing how long it may take to bring my wife here via the I-130/K-3 process... is there such a thing? A list stating how long it takes from beginning to end? I am not referring to reading everyone's signature and trying to decipher it all; rather I was wondering if there is something that says:

Does anyone know of such a thing specifically for the K-3 Visa in reference to a SPOUSE, not a Fiance?

That being said; once I read some posts, I can see that this is a very informative site filled with lots of people who really seem to care about one another. I am glad to be a member... although I am new to newsgroups or bulletin boards or chat rooms or whatever this is, so please bear with me and I apologize if I am posting/replying incorrectly!

Oh yea, and what is a CR1?? Is that the acronym for the I-130? Thanks in advance and Hello!!

223900[/snapback]

Welcome. I assume you found the timeline information you were looking for.

CR1 (or IR1 if married for two years before visa) is the category of visa issued in conjuction with filing an I-130 for a foreign spouse.

Thanks

209871[/snapback]

Hello All,

223900[/snapback]

CR1 (or IR1 if married for two years before visa) is the category of visa issued in conjuction with filing an I-130 for a foreign spouse.

223916[/snapback]

Thanks! But, no... I did not find what I was looking for. I saw a database, but could not understand even a little bit of it. I do not understand any of this, really. All I know is I needed to file a I-30, wait for it's receipt, and then file for the K-3. After that, I have no idea what to do... I assumed I would do what ever I was told next by the USCIS. Thanks anyway, though!!

Guest pushbrk

Thanks

209871[/snapback]

Hello All,

223900[/snapback]

223916[/snapback]

Thanks! But, no... I did not find what I was looking for. I saw a database, but could not understand even a little bit of it. I do not understand any of this, really. All I know is I needed to file a I-30, wait for it's receipt, and then file for the K-3. After that, I have no idea what to do... I assumed I would do what ever I was told next by the USCIS. Thanks anyway, though!!

223918[/snapback]

This is the timeline link to look at for a compilation of current member timelines. http://candleforlove.com/FAQ/Timelines/CFL...lines_Final.htm

However, you pretty much have it right for the moment. You'll have a bout three months to learn about the process, while you wait for one or both of your petitions to be approved by USCIS.

Edited by pushbrk (see edit history)
Guest YOu&Me

Heres ours for K3

I-129f..Received Date..July 21, 2005

Notice Date.....August 23, 2005

I-130..Received Date..June 06, 2005

Notice Date.....June 14, 2005

I-129f approval Notice

Receipt Date..November 17, 2005

Notice Date...January 23, 2006

I-130 approval Notice

Reciept Date..What day is it and in what month?

Notice Date... " " " " " " " " ?

P3 for I-129 in hand April 04, 2006

P3 mailed to GUZ..April 10, 2006

Dat far as it goes 4 now

Thanks

209871[/snapback]

Our CR1 and K3

Thanks

209871[/snapback]

Here's mine..... but I think I should mention a few differences from most of the applications here. First of all, my wife is Taiwanese and has a Taiwan passport and a US visa. She has been to the US three times and returned to Taiwan each time. We included her US visa record in the CR-1 and K-3 package so her data was available to the USCIS agent.

Also, on several occasions I have needed to have things processed through AIT in Taipei (which used to be the American embassy) and have found them to be extremely friendly and helpful. I have not seen any of the behavior members here mention goes on at the Chinese consulates. Our wedding documents had to be translated into English and notarized at AIT before I could apply for a TIN for my wife and this was completed in a few minutes.

Thanks

209871[/snapback]

Hello All,

223900[/snapback]

223916[/snapback]

223918[/snapback]

This is the timeline link to look at for a compilation of current member timelines. http://candleforlove.com/FAQ/Timelines/CFL...lines_Final.htm

However, you pretty much have it right for the moment. You'll have a bout three months to learn about the process, while you wait for one or both of your petitions to be approved by USCIS.

223919[/snapback]

OK, thanks!!! This is how new I am to this... I couldn't even find this thread to see if you had replied. Thanks, I really appreciate it!!!!