Off to see the wise men!!!!

Time now is 11:05 in the morning April 24.

Just came back from the ACS to ask the wise men some questions about the 2pm appointment I have today for the overcome. The man there told me that I won't even be abel to talk to anyone there. I will just hand the overcome information to them and leave. Does this sound right? It's contrary to what I have been reading on the site here. He said it will take a few days to get the results. So I will leave China tomorrow with out knowing my answers to any questions, and my fiancee is going to stay behind, in Guangzhou, and I will cancel the tickets and lose 375.00 per ticket. I have run out of my medecines so I have not choice but to leave and get my meds.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest pushbrk
Time now is 11:05 in the morning April 24.

Just came back from the ACS to ask the wise men some questions about the 2pm appointment I have today for the overcome. The man there told me that I won't even be abel to talk to anyone there. I will just hand the overcome information to them and leave. Does this sound right? It's contrary to what I have been reading on the site here. He said it will take a few days to get the results. So I will leave China tomorrow with out knowing my answers to any questions, and my fiancee is going to stay behind, in Guangzhou, and I will cancel the tickets and lose 375.00 per ticket. I have run out of my medecines so I have not choice but to leave and get my meds.

209543[/snapback]

Well, I actually thought it would be your SO handing in the overcome information instead of you and that they may have some questions for her. After any questions, they may request her passport and tell her to come back Wednesday for a decision.

My information is from two weeks ago but with a CR1 couple. If they say yes on Wednesday, her visa can be picked up on Friday.

Please report back on the logistics of the overcome submission today and make sure to find out the details of what to expect next.

Guest pushbrk
I will because I thought they would want to see her too, not me.

Rick

209551[/snapback]

Often communication using pronouns like "you" that can be both singular and plural, get confused. I think they DO want to see her, NOT you but I would sure make sure YOU are both there for any contingency.

The person you spoke to may have said "you" and meant "the beneficiary" or both of you.

Rick, we have everything going for you here -- best hopes, best wishes, fingers crossed, toes crossed, meditation, prayers, Holy water sprinkled on our keyboards, you name it. Please keep us posted. There will be no stopping this train now. :D

I plan on going today with her. The Vice counsular I talked to did say that all that will be done is, I will be given a number, get called, put the papers through the window, and leave. He did tell me I would not be able to talk about the overcome issues. All this is contrary to all the past events we have heard about on the site here. I plan on going with Yanlan, and if nothing else being there for her support. Me thinks there is a lot of the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing here. Maybe even they don't know each other exist!!!!

Rick

Rick, all you can do now is be strong for her, you must!

Make sure you have everything they ask for and keep telling

yourself and Yanlan that it is almost over. I have no way of knowing how you feel right now but keep thinking about the big picture, the finish line is in view and this is the final hurdle.

All the best!!!!!!

Well, we dropped off the extra package and now a 2 more day wait. It is so disheartening to watch someone come in after you, get the red slip, and leave before you, happy. Ha!!! Now the bank frooze my account!! :hug: :angry: Good thing that I have the plane ticket paid for. I could be very close to calling China my new home. I sure seems I am to stay here. I hope I can pay for the rooms I have been renting. I just love everything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111

Life goes on...................

Rick and Yanlan

I cringed as I read your post... but now all I can do is hope that your overcome interview goes well. I'm a new member, but still I add to the pool of people pulling for you today~!

Guest pushbrk
Well, we dropped off the extra package and now a 2 more day wait. It is so disheartening to watch someone come in after you, get the red slip, and leave before you, happy. Ha!!! Now the bank frooze my account!!  :angry:  :angry: Good thing that I have the plane ticket paid for. I could be very close to calling China my new home. I sure seems I am to stay here. I hope I can pay for the rooms I have been renting. I just love everything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111

Life goes on...................

Rick and Yanlan

209578[/snapback]

But, did they keep her passport?

so far they have kept both her and Lulu passports. We pick them up Wed. after 2:30 pm, I hope I can pay for them. *IF* we get the visas.

Rick and Yanlan