We will travel home to Tucson today. The chest xrays are very large so I want to put them inside a suitcase, but wondered if they are required for anything at POE before packing them.

Thanks much for any quick replies!!

I don't think anyone has ever been asked for them at the POE, but the paperwork says to hand carry them through the POE. The question comes down to the question, "Is it worth a possible problem?"

We carried ours with us and it went into a suitcase while waiting to go through customs.

I don't think anyone has ever been asked for them at the POE, but the paperwork says to hand carry them through the POE. The question comes down to the question, "Is it worth a possible problem?"

We carried ours with us and it went into a suitcase while waiting to go through customs.

200880[/snapback]

Thanks much Lee! I hadn't seen the paperwork saying to hand carry it so we'll do that and put them in the suitcase later. Appreciate your help!!

200880[/snapback]

Thanks much Lee! I hadn't seen the paperwork saying to hand carry it so we'll do that and put them in the suitcase later. Appreciate your help!!

200881[/snapback]

Yep,,,better safe than sorry!....

Immigration just uses this as a tracking device. Ripleys believe it or not!

It helps them identify the new immigrants.

Rick and Yanlan

Look at the X-rays? :o :roller: Now, that's a good one. I agree with Lee though, you supposed to have them at the POE, but I've never heard of someone being asked for them. Maybe you'll be the first. :o

Jingwen's and the kids' x-rays are still rolled up in their tubes. They haven't been touched since the medical exam in China.

Look at the X-rays? :o  :roller: Now, that's a good one.  I agree with Lee though, you supposed to have them at the POE, but I've never heard of someone being asked for them.  Maybe you'll be the first. :D

Jingwen's and the kids' x-rays are still rolled up in their tubes.  They haven't been touched since the medical exam in China.

200915[/snapback]

They would probably need to use their bic lighter to see it well, oh yeah TSA confiscated it from the DHS guys. :o

I think it is a good idea to keep it in one of your carry on bags, so you can easily pull out if that 0.01% chance occurs.  This is what I did.

200942[/snapback]

I agree. The last time X-rays came up here we immediately had someone get asked for them during the visa interview. So if you get chosen, it would be best to have them on you.

When we came through SFO, I asked the IO if she wanted to see the xrays, and she said no, she doesnt need them, but she advised we need to keep them available for one year in case the Dept of Health came to our house to 'inspect'.

201154[/snapback]

Ken, is there something about your house we should know about? :vava: