Jealous Colleagues

Guest knloregon

My view is like others who have been through the process ------ don't rock the boat at the GZ Consulate........ they have seen this before, and I have to belive the dismiss most of it out of hand.........

But I wish the Candle had something here as a standing warning for our SO"s: AVOID DISCUSSION ABOUT THE PROCESS TO OTHERS IN CHINA, UNTIL THE LAST POSSIBLE MOMENT! Yeah, its too bad that our SO's can't share the joy, but the truth is, they can't without creating huge amounts of jealousy among the majority of co-workers, friends and associates.....

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't worry too much about this. The K1 and K3 process isn't about listening to others about suspicious activity. It is about reuniting a person who is a US citizen with their SO. I am sure the consulate knows that. Just as long as your relationship is real, you can be confident, and know it is your right to have your K1 or K3 pass. At its very worst, you will have to challenge the system. But in the end love prevails.

I wouldn't worry too much about this. The K1 and K3 process isn't about listening to others about suspicious activity. It is about reuniting a person who is a US citizen with their SO. I am sure the consulate knows that. Just as long as your relationship is real, you can be confident, and know it is your right to have your K1 or K3 pass. At its very worst, you will have to challenge the system. But in the end love prevails.

199960[/snapback]

There are a few members working hard on having love prevailing and being together, anonymous 3rd party correspondence is a tough one to fight. First and foremost on the consulate's mind is combating visa fraud.

I just don't quite understand why her co-workers are so jealous of her and make it so difficult for her instead of giving her best wishes and blessing. It sounds to me that she's surrounded by a whole bunch of bad guys. Does she have some friends who can help her at all?

This could be a tough decision.

The colleagues in question, I believe, know both of our full names (definately hers). They seem to be devoted on making sure she never goes to the US.

I didn't, at first, think this would be an important issue. After reading the post and the ones from the links provided, it seems that there are a couple cases where this results in a denial.

Personally I like the keep quiet approach, but I am not sure if I am beyond that. What about an email to GUZ expressing my concern?

Thanks,

Rick

What about an email to GUZ expressing my concern?

200030[/snapback]

If your going to be in GUZ for the interview, you could go to the American Citizen's Hour for a one-on-one chat with someone about your case and see if anything is already in the case...

But I would still guess this query of yours finds it way into your case as well ...

I just don't quite understand why her co-workers are so jealous of her and make it so difficult for her instead of giving her best wishes and blessing. It sounds to me that she's surrounded by a whole bunch of bad guys. Does she have some friends who can help her at all?

200028[/snapback]

She does have friends still at the school. The new principal fired the troublemakers, but they have angry relatives working there.

What I have seen is most people seem friendly to you but are really jealous when it comes to things they will never have, especially anything American.

Rule of thumb--NEVER give GUZ more than they ask for. You may be creating a problem that does not exist.

199797[/snapback]

Exactly the advice Trigg gave me. Thus, we never raised the issue, and a third party issue never arose with GZ and she passed the interview.

Here is the forum I referred to about 3rd party correspondence:

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...&hl=third+party

199804[/snapback]

I agree with the quiet approach. However, there are a couple things bothering me. It seems much of the keep quiet responses were directed at issues where the person "feels" that they may be harmed, they are not sure. In this case we know several things.

Here is what we know:

- She quit her job because of me, jealous colleagues created massive trouble. Made up stories, told lies, etc. non stop until she quit.

- The prime trouble makers in question were fired from their jobs by the new principal who worked there previously, they were considered trouble makers by the principal.

- The fired colleagues have angry relatives at the school.

- Former male colleagues, who my SO is on good terms with, have told her how much pleasure the jealous colleagues take in making sure she never goes to the US. They will make up lies, say she is bad and a communist (there is no evidence what so ever to substantiate this, she is a good tutor with many students and is not a member so there is no record of her being a member. We also have pictures with the students and letters.).

- They know our names, they know GUZ.

- GUZ says to inform them immediately:

3rd Party Correspondence

Dear Candle for Love Members,

There are a few things you should keep in mind about third party correspondence:

1. Consular officers always consider the totality of circumstances when making a decision.

2. Consular officers are fully aware that the motivation of individuals sending us third party correspondence is often unclear.

3. If any petitioner or beneficiary feels they are being threatened or blackmailed by any outside party, they should immediately contact the Consulate with this concern. We will then take the appropriate actions to resolve the issue.

QUOTE(warpedbored @ Oct 25 2005, 02:25 PM)

We have two cases now in this group where the visa was denied due to third party corespondence. Overcome evidence was submitted and then visa approved only to find out when they go back to pick up the visa that there is to be additional investigation and then the case revoked and sent back to the USCIS. I find this practice very cruel. Please explain how an overcome can be submitted and approved then the rug yanked out from under thier feet when they go to get the visa.

The Consulate advises that in rare cases, despite being approved initially during the interview, an applicant’s visa can then be later delayed or denied for various reasons. Applicants should then follow the instructions they are given when they are told their visa will not be available for pick-up. Once again, this is not a common occurrence, but we strongly recommend that applicants do not make any travel plans until they have the visa in hand.

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?act=ST&f=25&t=13283

3rd party correspondence.., Will GUZ spill the beans before i'view?

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=15230&hl=third+party

the concensus from this post is to stay quiet

An appeal sounds extemely messy and lengthy.

Note that the reason for these "after thought posts" are because I want to make sure I have explained the situation well and I am slightly worried about it. (just tossing and turning right now)

I tend to think what is the worst that can happen so there are no surprises. I was also planning a trip out to the interview, getting her visa, and coming home within a 2 week timeframe. I may need to rethink this idea also. I was under the impression at the time that the government would look at our evidence and be able to see through any (if any) BS. And it seems that people have been denied over the BS.

What was the name of that pill again?

I am certainly glad I am not in your shoes Having been through a relatively simple overcome myself I know how stressful that can be. Conventional wisdom is to not raise suspicion where none is warranted. USCONGUZ advises if you suspect someone is trying to shaft you to let them know. If I were absolutely certain someone had sent TPC I would seriously consider letting GZ know about it. TPC has shown itself to be extremely difficult to overcome. Since you already suspect it has happened you will be need to be extremely well prepared to overcome it regardless of which course you decide to take. I would have a letter explaining the evolution of the relationship, clear documentation on where any ex spouses from either of you are living, lots of pictures of the two of you, statements from friends and relatives vouching for the validity of the relationship, in short anything and everything you can think of that would help. Good luck with your decision.

I vote not to say anything to GUZ.

Imagine how could they be so determined to make their go all the way througth to reach GUZ;

What could they say in this letter: that she is bad and is a communist? Well I don't think GUZ cares whether she is good or bad, as long as she is not a criminal. Being bad and being a communist is definitely contradictory, if the comments are from ordinary Chinese (GUZ should know that).

Only that if the letter to GUZ states that she has ongoing relationship with someone other than you should cause concern, IMO.

I vote not to say anything to GUZ.

Imagine how could they be so determined to make their go all the way througth to reach GUZ;

What could they say in this letter: that she is bad and is a communist?  Well I don't think GUZ cares whether she is good or bad, as long as she is not a criminal.  Being bad and being a communist is definitely contradictory, if the comments are from ordinary Chinese (GUZ should know that).

Only that if the letter to GUZ states that she has ongoing relationship with someone other than you should cause concern, IMO.

200086[/snapback]

From my experience TPC can be horrid situation. Not to be taken lightly, if you know of people who really gunning for the alien SO.

One thought comes to mind, if it is true that GUZ monitors this site, the beans have been spilled.

The suggest I have would be not to raise the issue with GUZ as has been advised already here, except if you know for a fact that someone has provided TPC to GUZ. Then I would go after that with inquiries to GUZ, but only then.

Lee, I was thinking the same thing reading this thread. There have been a few members here that have been burned by 3rd party corrispondence.

It is a good idea to let GUZ know what's up before hand. Sad but true that GUZ would weigh 3rd party gossip over the proof presented to them at the interview and the 9 month long investigation they make all applicants have to wait for.

Be proactive, especially if you have prior knowlege. If you are denide your visa. You'll be asking yourself woulda, coulda, shoulda about the 3rd party corrispence.

In my opinion, GUZ knows before the interveiw whether your visa will be granted or not. They won't ask for more evidence before your interview. They make you show up, reject you, then ask for more evidence.

CYA