Using 3rd party to do K-1 paperwork?

Curious to know what others members think about using a third party living in China, (not an attorney) to complete K-1 paperwork?

198935[/snapback]

Chefy, I'd be very very careful. If it is one of the 'agents' that hang out around the consulate remmember that they will have all your identifying information. I'd pay a few more bucks and have a service in the US do it. I think Frank has mentioned a service that charges way less than an attorney.

Guest ShaQuaNew
Curious to know what others members think about using a third party living in China, (not an attorney) to complete K-1 paperwork?

198935[/snapback]

Chefy, I'd be very very careful. If it is one of the 'agents' that hang out around the consulate remmember that they will have all your identifying information. I'd pay a few more bucks and have a service in the US do it. I think Frank has mentioned a service that charges way less than an attorney.

198941[/snapback]

Chef, I agree with Trigg on this one. It's best to keep your personal information close to the vest.

I'm curious though, are you talking about the guy mentioned in this thread?

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13782

Just a quick note to say thanks to everbody for your usual great and awesone advise.?We have decided to go somewhati by ourselves and get assistance from a very reliable attorney in Nanning.?He will assist us through the process.?He was working for a huge immingration law firm in the US who has various offices throughout the US, China and I believe somewhere in Europe.?Anyway about four years ago he went off on his own and is helping women in Nanning and their SO's or vis vis to secure their respective visa.?I have talked to a few Americans who used this guy and they were quite happy as well as their now wives.?The guy is Chinese and speaks very good english.?So for $300.00 usd we thought we will go with him.
Glad CFL has helped you alter your choices and direction and price ! ! ! I was thinking if those attorneys are telling you that you can get the visa in Beijing, they either 1) dont know what they are talking about, and you might as well do it on your own or 2) are not telling you the truth, and how many more times will they misinform you in 'billable hours' . Congratulations and good luck!

Can you post this attorneys information, so it is available if anyone runs into a snag they need help with ? Xie xie ni !

Sorry for the late response to the information request. His name is Mr. Roger Lin. Roger is a paralegal and not a Chinese attorney as I mentioned before. However, he owns a paralegal company in Nanning called Rogers Visa Serive Co. He charges $300.00 usd for Fiancee Visa and $500.00 usd for Marriage Visa. He has been contracted by many American immigration law firms to help them in securing the various visa and other immigration matters in China. He can be reached by email at

rogerchina@yahoo.com.cn or by telephone. From the US his number is 011-86-13788117988. I hope this information is helpful biggrin.gif

Hey Richard, you have a good man there with Roger Lin. His English is impeccable, his prices are reasonable and his service is excellent. He will even tutor your SO for her interview, after she receives her P4. If nothing else, this will give her increased confidence, when she goes before the VO.

When I was 'stuck' in Nanning alone, after my former SO and I parted, I hired Roger as an interpreter for the day. His help was greatly appreciated, during this time for me. He's a young man and an honest man too. He also tells me that his services extend beyond Nanning, if other's are interested in using him.

Edit: He also charges $100 each for just the P3 & the P4, to help your SO's with the English filings, if needed.

Edited by ShaQuaNew (see edit history)

198935[/snapback]

198941[/snapback]

Chef, I agree with Trigg on this one. It's best to keep your personal information close to the vest.

198944[/snapback]

Yes....and I did hire him awhile ago. He came highly recommended and is doing a good job for us. But, I was curious if any other members had or are using these Chinese paralegals to help with K-1 visa.

Guest ShaQuaNew

198935[/snapback]

198941[/snapback]

Just a quick note to say thanks to everbody for your usual great and awesone advise.?We have decided to go somewhati by ourselves and get assistance from a very reliable attorney in Nanning.?He will assist us through the process.?He was working for a huge immingration law firm in the US who has various offices throughout the US, China and I believe somewhere in Europe.?Anyway about four years ago he went off on his own and is helping women in Nanning and their SO's or vis vis to secure their respective visa.?I have talked to a few Americans who used this guy and they were quite happy as well as their now wives.?The guy is Chinese and speaks very good english.?So for $300.00 usd we thought we will go with him.
Glad CFL has helped you alter your choices and direction and price ! ! ! I was thinking if those attorneys are telling you that you can get the visa in Beijing, they either 1) dont know what they are talking about, and you might as well do it on your own or 2) are not telling you the truth, and how many more times will they misinform you in 'billable hours' . Congratulations and good luck!

Can you post this attorneys information, so it is available if anyone runs into a snag they need help with ? Xie xie ni !

Sorry for the late response to the information request. His name is Mr. Roger Lin. Roger is a paralegal and not a Chinese attorney as I mentioned before. However, he owns a paralegal company in Nanning called Rogers Visa Serive Co. He charges $300.00 usd for Fiancee Visa and $500.00 usd for Marriage Visa. He has been contracted by many American immigration law firms to help them in securing the various visa and other immigration matters in China. He can be reached by email at

rogerchina@yahoo.com.cn or by telephone. From the US his number is 011-86-13788117988. I hope this information is helpful biggrin.gif

Hey Richard, you have a good man there with Roger Lin. His English is impeccable, his prices are reasonable and his service is excellent. He will even tutor your SO for her interview, after she receives her P4. If nothing else, this will give her increased confidence, when she goes before the VO.

When I was 'stuck' in Nanning alone, after my former SO and I parted, I hired Roger as an interpreter for the day. His help was greatly appreciated, during this time for me. He's a young man and an honest man too. He also tells me that his services extend beyond Nanning, if other's are interested in using him.

Edit: He also charges $100 each for just the P3 & the P4, to help your SO's with the English filings, if needed.

198944[/snapback]

Yes....and I did hire him awhile ago. He came highly recommended and is doing a good job for us. But, I was curious if any other members had or are using these Chinese paralegals to help with K-1 visa.

I haven't used. Has anyone else?

With perhaps the exception of using an attorney for special problems, I personally would NOT use 3rd party.

Considering how simple and easy a K1 really is, as well as how much information and support there is on CFL and the i-net, I would find it NOT necessary to use a 3rd party.

I dont know if this made a difference one way or the other, but on the P4 paperwork, I had Jie complete it all in her own handwriting. I did the the initial copies, and then she copied it. Just thought it may be a good idea that P4 was completed on her own.

Jiaying's friend who usually helped her was out of town when the P3 arrived. Of course, Jiaying needed someone to help with the English, so she took the bus all the way to Nanning and used a commercial service. I would go with what Yan wants to do - make sure she is comfortable with how (and by who) the forms will be filled out.

I used Roger Lin to help with the paperwork. While i was in Nanning he helped translate for me and my SO and even met me at the airport. He is very nice and even sent his brother who speaks English to spend an afternoon with me and Ying so i had someone to talk English to and he also took pictures for us. Roger helped in many ways while i was there and helped Ying fill out the forms and get her documents translated. He only charged me 200 dollars and to me it was well worth it as i know Ying called him many times with questions. I have e-mailed him several times and he always responds quickly. To me it was worth the price for all his help and Yings comfort in being able to ask him any questions she had.

:D

On my first trip, we filled out the CR-1/K-3 forms ourselves. I did hire Roger

to help with the paperwork she will be receiving later. I heard many good thigs about him and he was very honest and professional on the phone.

Even before paying him, he meet with my wife for about 1 hour at his office,

explained the whole process to her gave her questions to study and filled out the "Choise of agent,DS-230 part one and the supplemental info sheet" with her and expressed them to me. That alone saved some time.

My wife called me after they met very happy and a little more relaxed about the whole process, that alone was worth the money :D !

I thought about it this way......an attorney would cost me maybe $2000 to $3000 (just guessing).  For me, that was a trip to China. I preferred to see Jie rather than the Law Offices of Barracuda and Shark and Squid, LTD

199008[/snapback]

LOL, ha ha ha! That's funny. Good point.