Make the music stop!

OK, so we filed later than we really should, but the timing does not seem to be at issue other than we most likely would be done by now. :hug:

Today I look at the USCIS site and find this.

Our last written notice in this case was returned as undeliverable by the post office on March 6, 2006. To update the mailing address so this notice can be re-sent, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283.

Sooo, I call confuse on how this is possible sisce the address has not changed since I first sent the original I-129 to get this whole thing rolling 2 years ago. To my dissmay, after being kicked out of the phone system twice for caller volume issues, I am now on hold for 30 minutes. And it's the same drippy hold music I had to put up with when I was waiting for the NOA2 the first time! Please make it stop! :P

....the music and that annoying voice-mail bot geek!... :P geeeesh!

I'm glad those days are o-v-e-r!

197472[/snapback]

Tell me about it. :hug: After the wait, I'm told to take it up with the post office. Geez! Does anyone know, does her name need to officially be listed for the address? Post office said the will research it and let me know. You know, come to think of it, we have had a substitute carrier for a few days. I'll bet they screwed this whole thing up.

Our postal employee, Cliff, used to live in Boston and spent a fair amount of time at some local watering hole up there before they got rid of him and sent him to Atlanta. If you're required to officially notify the PO, old Cliff doesn't know about it. Have the mail I get belongs to folks who don't live in the house. You'd think he'd get the hint with a pick up every day with letters marked "not at this address". :P

We had this problem when my wife applied for her SSN. It was supposed to come within 6 weeks when we applied in DC, and since we were only set to be there another 4, I had it sent back to my apt. in MN. Her name was already on the lease, but somehow hadn't made it onto the mailbox. SSN card was sent, and returned. After we got back to MN, my wife went to the SS office to check out why it hadn't arrived, and they told us it had been returned. I made sure her name was on the mailbox after that. No problems on the forms since then - glad we found out early!!!

....the music and that annoying voice-mail bot geek!... :angry: geeeesh!

197472[/snapback]

Tell me about it. :angry: After the wait, I'm told to take it up with the post office. Geez! Does anyone know, does her name need to officially be listed for the address? Post office said the will research it and let me know. You know, come to think of it, we have had a substitute carrier for a few days. I'll bet they screwed this whole thing up.

197477[/snapback]

Supposedly you need to go to your post office and add her name to the delivery list. When I first bought this house they had me fill out a form for postal delivery, so I made sure we went to the Post Office within a week of arrival to add all the possible names we expected to receive mail.

Perhaps this should be added to one of the FAQ's.

Does this mean we actually got ahead of you in the paper game? :angry:

Edited by LeeFisher3 (see edit history)
....the music and that annoying voice-mail bot geek!... :angry: geeeesh!

197472[/snapback]

Tell me about it. :yahoo: After the wait, I'm told to take it up with the post office. Geez! Does anyone know, does her name need to officially be listed for the address? Post office said the will research it and let me know. You know, come to think of it, we have had a substitute carrier for a few days. I'll bet they screwed this whole thing up.

197477[/snapback]

Supposedly you need to go to your post office and add her name to the delivery list. When I first bought this house they had me fill out a form for postal delivery, so I made sure we went to the Post Office within a week of arrival to add all the possible names we expected to receive mail.

Perhaps this should be added to one of the FAQ's.

Does this mean we actually got ahead of you in the paper game? :P

197542[/snapback]

Probably so Lee. :banned: I raised a fuss with the post office yesterday and I noticed today that her name was written in above mine. They spelled it wrong but I was able to correct it with a pen. The most anoying thing is that we had a sustitute carrier that caused the problem. Our regular guy knows about Jen and other things made it here fine. <_<

Ok Jim so now you have the post office taken care of call and listen to the music so you can tell them to resend. The last time I called to ask a question it took 40 minutes of being serenaded :banned:

Always best to put all names on the mail box. Also if you marry and she takes your name remember to put her maiden name on the box to be sure that someone sending mail that way doesn't get it back.

Ok Jim so now you have the post office taken care of call and listen to the music so you can tell them to resend. The last time I called to ask a question it took 40 minutes of being serenaded  :banned:

Always best to put all names on the mail box. Also if you marry and she takes your name remember to put her maiden name on the box to be sure that someone sending mail that way doesn't get it back.

197742[/snapback]

Actually Dan, I called USCIS a second time yesterday and already put that into motion. The frustrating part is that the mail carrier is supossed to deliver to the address, not the name and it is up to the resident to notify the post office if it is wrong.

I'm sincerly hoping that I wont have to listen to that %$*%*^ music again. :yahoo:

Now did I miss something or what is going on here? :) We just recieved our notice to appear for interview in Fresno on April 13, but, we never recieved notice to do the biometrics. Unless that is the missing letter and we will need to get it done. :)

The paper does say request to appear for initial interview, they aren't planning for more than one are they?

I dont see how the name on the mailbox makes a difference. I get stuff in my box almost every day that isnt in my name. Some is a differeent address, but most has my address, and my name is the only one on the box when the postal guy opens it on the other side.

That said, I will make sure her name is on there just in case!

I guess it's time to vent a little about those ^%$*&%^ beaurocrats. :toot: Seem today that all my work on Friday only generated a letter from MSC for Jen to submit a request in writing. :toot: Why the ^%&$% couldn't they tell me that on Friday! We will play ball and give them their little letter, but this is really anoying.