Called DOS today

I called DOS just now and asked about Yanlans P-4. The lady on the other end told me there is a very big back log, and that I should expect to wait at least another 10 months for the P-4 to come. I am still looking for my heart, I think it fell out on the floor somewhere. I do not have enough money to go live in China, and pay for the house here in America. Yanlan is getting very impaient and so am I. She is very sad every night on the phone, and I try to cheer her up. But this news could be devistating to her. I know it is to me. :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Guest ShaQuaNew
I called DOS just now and asked about Yanlans P-4. The lady on the other end told me there is a very big back log, and that I should expect to wait at least another 10 months for the P-4 to come. I am still looking for my heart, I think it fell out on the floor somewhere. I do not have enough money to go live in China, and pay for the house here in America. Yanlan is getting very impaient and so am I. She is very sad every night on the phone, and I try to cheer her up. But this news could be devistating to her. I know it is to me. :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:

197315[/snapback]

I want to have empathy, but.....then, there are those that have been waiting, and waiting, and....yes, waiting some more. Your process is moving at light speed compared to most.....

I called DOS just now and asked about Yanlans P-4. The lady on the other end told me there is a very big back log, and that I should expect to wait at least another 10 months for the P-4 to come. I am still looking for my heart, I think it fell out on the floor somewhere. I do not have enough money to go live in China, and pay for the house here in America. Yanlan is getting very impaient and so am I. She is very sad every night on the phone, and I try to cheer her up. But this news could be devistating to her. I know it is to me. :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:

197315[/snapback]

10 months? That sounds way too long. In fact, it used to be 5 months until GUZ has sped up the process. Our P3 to P4 was less than 30 days. You may want to call again on Monday and see what another rep at DOS tells you. If you just got clearance, my guess (and only a guess) would be you should be getting P4 in the next 2 to 4 weeks.

197315[/snapback]

I want to have empathy, but.....then, there are those that have been waiting, and waiting, and....yes, waiting some more. Your process is moving at light speed compared to most.....

197338[/snapback]

At this rate shaquanew,as told to me today, it will be January of 2007 before we get the P-4. For some reason I think that is a little long, because she has passed all the checks, and has been entered into the computer on Feb 17 as to being eligeable to recieve the P-4. 10 more months to wait for a date to recieve a P-4 just isn't right. You are right that there are many who have been waiting a long time for various other documents and dates, NOT a 10 month wait anywhere here for a P-4. But the lady insisted it was at least another 10 months.

Guest ShaQuaNew

197315[/snapback]

197338[/snapback]

At this rate shaquanew,as told to me today, it will be January of 2007 before we get the P-4. For some reason I think that is a little long, because she has passed all the checks, and has been entered into the computer on Feb 17 as to being eligeable to recieve the P-4. 10 more months to wait for a date to recieve a P-4 just isn't right. You are right that there are many who have been waiting a long time for various other documents and dates, NOT a 10 month wait anywhere here for a P-4. But the lady insisted it was at least another 10 months.

197360[/snapback]

Don't worry, this is a canned response from GUZ. As Ken stated you will likely get your P4 within the next few weeks. Sorta, like when the NVC says it takes six months before your paperwork will get to GUZ. Take heart, you're well on the road, and in sight of the end....

Ten months is way out of wack Rick, unless you have a name check problem, TPC, etc. Just look at the times on recent P4s

I would recommend you hold off telling Yanlan about this call.

Does DoS indicate that name check is complete?

You can also look at our timeline. EMS says they delivered our P3 response on Feb 5th but it's not in the GZ computer as yet. DoS says Lao Po and Er Mei have completed name check ... I'm not worried ... recommend you not worry either. :angry:

Ten months is way out of wack Rick, unless you have a name check problem, TPC, etc.  Just look at the times on recent P4s

I would recommend you hold off telling Yanlan about this call.

Does DoS indicate that name check is complete?

You can also look at our timeline.  EMS says they delivered our P3 response on Feb 5th but it's not in the GZ computer as yet.  DoS says Lao Po and Er Mei have completed name check ... I'm not worried ... recommend you not worry either. :)

197367[/snapback]

Yes Dos says Guz entered her name on Feb17 to be able to recieve the p-4, all clearences have been completed. I think the lady just did not want to be at work today, and was just going to give me any answer she felt like. After talking to everyone else that posted here today about this, I do feel a little better. But it sure made my heart fall out. I think your right, I will not tell Yanlan about this. She is begging me to come back to Nanning now!!! I need to wait until I get word of the the P-4 and interview date. This is about all the time I can afford with all the bills here in the states, and then all the incuring bill in China for the final step before coming back.

Thanks everyone

She is begging me to come back to Nanning now!!! I need to wait until I get word of the the P-4 and interview date. This is about all the time I can afford with all the bills here in the states, and then all the incuring bill in China for the final step before coming back.

197371[/snapback]

If your time is limited to just one more trip, I think it should be for the interview/return to US. For me, missing that would have been the equivelant to missing my own wedding! For Jie, it was extremely important. She never traveled alone to another strange city, much less to visit an American institution. Because the interview is one of the most stressful and important things in our lives, being there was a tremendous help and support to her. I could not miss sharing it with her......to fly to GZ together, be there for the interview together, and come back to the US together !

She is begging me to come back to Nanning now!!! I need to wait until I get word of the the P-4 and interview date. This is about all the time I can afford with all the bills here in the states, and then all the incuring bill in China for the final step before coming back.

197371[/snapback]

If your time is limited to just one more trip, I think it should be for the interview/return to US. For me, missing that would have been the equivelant to missing my own wedding! For Jie, it was extremely important. She never traveled alone to another strange city, much less to visit an American institution. Because the interview is one of the most stressful and important things in our lives, being there was a tremendous help and support to her. I could not miss sharing it with her......to fly to GZ together, be there for the interview together, and come back to the US together !

197410[/snapback]

Ameriken

That is the plan. I want to be with her for the Guz trip, and then after to help her pack, and say goodbye to the family and friends.

then to help her through the airports, since she has never traveled except to Guilin by bus. I want her to know I am there to support her all the way. I want her family to know this too. She is a strong woman and confident and very smart. But as we all know, airporst are enough hassel even when you know them, much less not being very good with the language.

Rick,

You guys are flying. From your inception to Interview eligible has only been 6 months. That's like greased lightening! Especially from Nebraska Service Center!

I echo the sentiments above. Don't tell her anything till you can get a firm answer. I would take the bet that it will not be 10 months. Maybe 4 at the MAX.

DOS has a way of making things up. Call again Monday and it will all change. My guess is you'll be getting your P4 MUCH sooner than that. GUZ is closer to 2-3 months from p3 to p4. If nothing goes wrong look for a May or June interview. Recently they told someone it would be another 5 month wait for P4-it came a week later!!

197315[/snapback]

Wow, go figure. I called DOS today, the woman took her sweet time. I think she was the more disorganized DOS agent I have talked with yet. Anyway, she said no interview date was posted yet. She advised me not to call DOS about it again, as the interuptions slow GUZ down. Dont ask me, she said it. 2 weeks so far. i know it will take at least 1 to 3 months, so i'm well within perrameters.

197315[/snapback]

Wow, go figure. I called DOS today, the woman took her sweet time. I think she was the more disorganized DOS agent I have talked with yet. Anyway, she said no interview date was posted yet. She advised me not to call DOS about it again, as the interuptions slow GUZ down. Dont ask me, she said it. 2 weeks so far. i know it will take at least 1 to 3 months, so i'm well within perrameters.

197517[/snapback]

Interruptions my a$$$$$$, they do a case lookup as if that is an interruption to anything. Sounds like someone at DOS trying to help cut down the call volume. http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons6/24.gif

If all goes well you should hear something soon.

I empathize with those who have waited longer for various reasons, but there is no need to rain on this man's parade, he's just anxious like everyone else and seems to be having a better run of luck in the process.

Oh, that's just great!!!

How are we supposed to plan with a 10 month, give or take 9months 3weeks time frame. :D

We sent in the requested P3 stuff and are holding off a bit on collecting some stuff because of out of date issues.

How long should we hold out to get the stuff needed for the P3 checklist, P4, and interview? We need it for the interview so we can collect the stuff after the interview date and P4 comes? Or would that be on the late side?

Here is some of the info that I got off the site, but I am not able to forecast accurately. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!!!

When your fiancée gets the P3 packet in the mail she must return 3 forms:

1. DS-230 (part I)

2. OF-169

3. P3 Supplemental Sheet

(Done and sent in February 28, 2006)

The financials you need:

1) Taxes (copy or transcripts) (have)

2) Employer letter (have to get new one)

3) I-134 (notarized) (have to get new one)

Not older than three months is really optimal and should avoid any request for newer ones (ie: avoid a blue slip)

DS-156 & DS-156k DS-157 & DS-230 part II for the interview (filled out at least)

Thanks,

Rick