Called DOS today

Oh, that's just great!!!

How are we supposed to plan with a 10 month, give or take 9months 3weeks time frame.  ;)

We sent in the requested P3 stuff and are holding off a bit on collecting some stuff because of out of date issues.

How long should we hold out to get the stuff needed for the P3 checklist, P4, and interview?  We need it for the interview so we can collect the stuff after the interview date and P4 comes?  Or would that be on the late side?

Here is some of the info that I got off the site, but I am not able to forecast accurately.  Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!!!

When your fiancée gets the P3 packet in the mail she must return 3 forms:

1. DS-230 (part I)

2. OF-169

3. P3 Supplemental Sheet

(Done and sent in February 28, 2006)

The financials you need:

1) Taxes (copy or transcripts) (have)

2) Employer letter (have to get new one)

3) I-134 (notarized) (have to get new one)

Not older than three months is really optimal and should avoid any request for newer ones (ie: avoid a blue slip)

DS-156 & DS-156k DS-157 & DS-230 part II for the interview (filled out at least)

Thanks,

Rick

198156[/snapback]

You are not allowed to have plans, perhaps the FAQ's neglected mentioning this. :lol:

The DS-230 part II is not part of the K-1 visa paperwork, something similar is used for AOS.

P-4's seem to be coming relatively quickly, so you would probably be safe in getting things together toward the end of April, but then this is my guess of you having an interview in May or June.

Edited by LeeFisher3 (see edit history)
Oh, that's just great!!!

How are we supposed to plan with a 10 month, give or take 9months 3weeks time frame.  B)

We sent in the requested P3 stuff and are holding off a bit on collecting some stuff because of out of date issues.

How long should we hold out to get the stuff needed for the P3 checklist, P4, and interview?  We need it for the interview so we can collect the stuff after the interview date and P4 comes?  Or would that be on the late side?

Here is some of the info that I got off the site, but I am not able to forecast accurately.  Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!!!

When your fiancée gets the P3 packet in the mail she must return 3 forms:

1. DS-230 (part I)

2. OF-169

3. P3 Supplemental Sheet

(Done and sent in February 28, 2006)

The financials you need:

1) Taxes (copy or transcripts) (have)

2) Employer letter (have to get new one)

3) I-134 (notarized) (have to get new one)

Not older than three months is really optimal and should avoid any request for newer ones (ie: avoid a blue slip)

DS-156 & DS-156k DS-157 & DS-230 part II for the interview (filled out at least)

Thanks,

Rick

198156[/snapback]

You are not allowed to have plans, perhaps the FAQ's neglected mentioning this. :lol:

The DS-230 part II is not part of the K-1 visa paperwork, something similar is used for AOS.

P-4's seem to be coming relatively quickly, so you would probably be safe in getting things together toward the end of April, but then this is my guess of you having an interview in May or June.

198238[/snapback]

Oh, thank you!!!

That is very helpful... (I think? unless they throw more curve ball!!!)

You are not allowed to have plans, perhaps the FAQ's neglected mentioning this.  :lol:

198238[/snapback]

Oh, thank you!!!

That is very helpful... (I think? unless they throw more curve ball!!!)

198477[/snapback]

They have many ways of making things interesting, imagine my joy when DOS told me we had been assigned an interview date and the let down when they told me it was almost 2 months away. :blink:

I am sure GZ wanted to allow me to shop for the best airline ticket price, such kind people. :lol:

I can say YES Guz makes it interesting with giving out the interview dates. I know each time I call, they have said the same thing, except the one time I called. She has passed all investigations and is in the computer as waiting for the P-4 to be sent. The other day I was told to wait 10 months. This Monday, I was told she is cleared and waiting for the p-4. No time frame given, just that Guz is over loaded and very busy. I have gone out and bought the crunchy cheetos!!! Relieving some tension. I have never been any good at waiting for long periods. But Lexapro works wonders!!!!! :greenblob: :clapping: :clapping: :redblob: :toot: :toot: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

That's all DOS tells me is that no interview date has been scheduled yet. When I call GUZ pay line. The same Guy that I have spoken to 3 times, tells me that she should receive her P4 about 1 month from her eligibility date of Feb 3rd. He says 1st week of March. haha. I told him it's past 1st week already. He just says to check back next week. pay line is a waste of money imo.

Edited by IluvmyLi (see edit history)

No matter where you are in the whole scheme of this government process, there seems to be so much red tape to cut through. Frustration abound in the K1, K3, CR1, AOS, SSN etc...

Froths my milk when I think of all the illegal workers here in the USA and how damn easy it is for them to be here and work and how easy it is for them to get here and how hard it is to get them to leave not that it matters because they will return in a few days anyway...

"pause"(out of breath) :unsure:

I know the moral victory will be ours for doing our duty as citizens of this great land but seriously... STOP THE INSANITY ALREADY!

No matter where you are in the whole scheme of this government process, there seems to be so much red tape to cut through. Frustration abound in the K1, K3, CR1, AOS, SSN etc...

Froths my milk when I think of all the illegal workers here in the USA and how damn easy it is for them to be here and work and how easy it is for them to get here and how hard it is to get them to leave not that it matters because they will return in a few days anyway... 

"pause"(out of breath) :angry:

I know the moral victory will be ours for doing our duty as citizens of this great land but seriously... STOP THE INSANITY ALREADY!

198766[/snapback]

HEAR HEAR!!!!! :blink: :blink:

"pause"(out of breath) :angry:

198766[/snapback]

I could not have espressed my sentiments any better. Thank you.