Does my wife need to bring copies of my

05 , 04 , 03-- 1040 income taxes to the interview? I know that GZ already has copies of my 02, 03 from the beginning of my case. Thanks guys.

195683[/snapback]

If you are using the I-134 as proof of financial responsibility-then it is best that she brings them. The fact that you have sent things in with the I-129f is meaningless. You sent in pics then also, but they will want her to bring some in with her. Chances are they will never look at your tax returns but if they do-you will have them! You'll find that before your done with the process the department of redundancy department will rear it's ugly head several times times times times times..

05 , 04 , 03-- 1040 income taxes to the interview? I know that GZ already has copies of my 02, 03 from the beginning of my case. Thanks guys.

195683[/snapback]

I would say 04 tax returns required. 05 highly recommended, as we are approaching the April 15 filing deadline.

Good luck!

This is all good information. I need to know a list of items I should bring with me when I'm faced with the situation. Is there a link to a complete list?

This is all good information.?I need to know a list of items I should bring with me when I'm faced with the situation.?Is there a link to a complete list?

195689[/snapback]

The Kitchen Sink List

195691[/snapback]

When I visited my wife last week, in preperation for our interview, I gave her 04 and 05 taxes , which were professionally binded by my tax guy. I gave her about 30 payroll stubs, the letter from my work showing how long I worked there, how much I earn. Plus I gave her a printout from my bank account from 4 years ago to now, with last years deposits added up and totalled. Plus my printout from my 401K investment porfolio showing how much I have saved in the accounts. I hope they wont piddle about not having 03 taxes.

This is all good information.?I need to know a list of items I should bring with me when I'm faced with the situation.?Is there a link to a complete list?

195689[/snapback]

The Kitchen Sink List

195691[/snapback]

When I visited my wife last week, in preperation for our interview, I gave her 04 and 05 taxes , which were professionally binded by my tax guy. I gave her about 30 payroll stubs, the letter from my work showing how long I worked there, how much I earn. Plus I gave her a printout from my bank account from 4 years ago to now, with last years deposits added up and totalled. Plus my printout from my 401K investment porfolio showing how much I have saved in the accounts. I hope they wont piddle about not having 03 taxes.

195701[/snapback]

If 04 and 05 tax returns meet 125% poverty line, I would not give out to the VO my bank statements and 401K statements unless specifically asked for. Maybe a letter explaining the absence of 03 tax returns? Think about the quality of info vs. quantity. Tax returns should also include W-2 forms and all supporting schedules.

Edited by Stone (see edit history)

The OP is a CR1...

Normally, you have have 3 years of taxes... although you've already submitted them to NVC, the question is whether the 2005 taxes should be added now for your march interview?

It seems not necessary, but rare exceptions occur. If you have filed the 2005 already, bring a copy of it.. otherwise, bring what you already submitted to NVC.

From an old post of mine:

Sent email to GUZ before my wife's interview in June. As I filed with 2001 to 2003 taxes at NVC I questioned this. The "Chinglish" answer was to provide 2004 taxes (This includes W-2'S).

As a CYA step I still got a new I-864 notarized by the US Consul @ Shanghai. They did NOT want the new I-864 at interview but the VO DID take the 2004 tax return and W-2's.

195957[/snapback]

The professionally bound Tax info from 04 and 05 I gave my wife has copies of the W-2's attached as well as the prepared taxes.