Spoke with Lady at Paciasia

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Charles what city in China are you flying into?

195459[/snapback]

She is from Baihai...3 hour bus ride from Nanning. So Nanning would be the city.

195513[/snapback]

What I found the cheapest (and also had the most choices) was to buy separate tickets - one into Beijing, and then another ticket to Nanning. Check the China Southern website for (local China) flights into Nanning.

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)

It is probably as close or closer to Beihai City from Zhanjiang as it is Nanning. Since a bus or train ride is involved regardless you might look into taking the train or bus from Hong Kong. I've been to Behai City. I really enjoyed it there.

Just announced

Northwest Pilots Reach Pay-Cut Deal

I paid $1,200 to Guangzhou to Nanning from LAX.  The trip from LAX to GUZ was business class.  The airline was Southern China.  If I recall correctly, $1,700.00 give or take was to fly first class.  It must be one hell of a coach section to pay $1,700.00.

195410[/snapback]

$1200 across the pacific in business class? That's insanely cheap. Are you sure it was business, not premium economy?

I might as well pump a couple pennies in here. I agree with Hunter. I used Air China, from LAX to Beijing, then to Nanning -- round trip $798. The plane was a 747 and about as comfortable as you can get. The food was so so. That was this Winter; I don't know what the seasonal difference is.

I might as well pump a couple pennies in here.  I agree with Hunter.  I used Air China, from LAX to Beijing, then to Nanning -- round trip $798.  The plane was a 747 and about as comfortable as you can get.  The food was so so.  That was this Winter; I don't know what the seasonal difference is.

195910[/snapback]

That flight shows as $846 on Travelocity (with taxes and fees), but goes to $1288 when you buy LAX to NNG (leaving this weekend).

Was the price you gave all the way to Nanning, or only to Beijing?

Sorry, but I have a great deal of trouble comparing apples-to-apples.

I have found the leg from Bejing to Nanning to be much cheaper when you buy a separate ticket.

I paid $1,200 to Guangzhou to Nanning from LAX.0„2 The trip from LAX to GUZ was business class.0„2 The airline was Southern China.0„2 If I recall correctly, $1,700.00 give or take was to fly first class.0„2 It must be one hell of a coach section to pay $1,700.00.

195410[/snapback]

$1200 across the pacific in business class? That's insanely cheap. Are you sure it was business, not premium economy?

195875[/snapback]

I usually go through Orbitz. I leave From Detroit Metro through LAX to Guangzhou in a couple of weeks.....$1,200.00.

GZ to Nanning via China Southern, another $200.00 on their website. Train from GZ to NNG, about $40.00, soft seat. I would rather do that than endure the 9 hour "lay-over from hell" again at GZ overnight.

After chatting with my SO for a couple of months, I was sure that putting out the cash for the flight was well worth it. If you have these nagging doubts even with knowing this woman previously, I'd sure as heck give it more time to develop.

Mike - check out going through Beijing. I thionk the price is cheaper, but more importantly there are many more flights from Beijing to Nanning.

195915[/snapback]

Randy

Thanks for the info. I will definitely keep it in mind for my next visit, hopefully for Manyun's interview.

Beijing would not have been an option this time anyway. We are meeting in Guangzhou instead of Nanning, where she lives, because upon arrival and one day to rest, we will take a train EAST (2 hours) to Shenzhen so that I may meet her mother, brother and eldest sister. After a couple of days, we will travel back to GZ, and then make a rail connection WEST (12 hours) to Nanning.

Thanks again

Mike

If you have these nagging doubts even with knowing this woman previously, I'd sure as heck give it more time to develop.

195913[/snapback]

I'm not doubting her and my feelings about her. I guess, I'm a little "gun shy" from my last situation. But the reality is that a person doesn't have to come from around the world to "burn" you. they could be on your job or next door. When I feel I indecisive, I talk to her on the phone or see her on the cam, then everything is right. She makes me very happy and I look forward to a future with her and her son in it.

I was trying to get a ticket for this summer to visit my friend. The $1300 is not there....only $1600, now, she said she would still  look. Very nice lady. But I told her I met my lady on Internet and we started a long conversation... I even told her what happened to me.

I must say she brought doubt to me again. I do feel good about my lady, but to say I feel totally confident would not be the truth. I was burned badly and deep inside, I really scared to be burned again.  I don't think time will erase this fear, only success would.  That is why I feel I'm "just jumping back on the horse". I did tell her (hong), she has sold tickets to men here who are quite successful in thier marriages.... to say life is not easy, in an extreme understatement.

195383[/snapback]

The air fares are just a matter of cyber-searching, I suppose.

Finding a life partner requires a great deal more soul searching, that's for sure. There is no reason finding a fine spouse and life partner through Internet dating sites is any more risky or unlikely than meeting people in more traditional ways, but the statistics for marriages here (in the US) are not very encouraging.

If more than fifty percent of US marriages end in divorce in a short number of years, then the same should be true for Sino-American marriages arranged by Bill Gates or Cisco.

My wife insists "many" of the women she sees advertising themselves on the Internet, from Shenzhen, at least, are prostitutes, or at least, women who earn money to support themselves and their children by "giving massages" or simply having sex with men. She says six out of ten.

I, myself, do not know. And people do what they have to to survive.

But I believe it is pretty obvious that American men will generally know less about Chinese women they meet on the Internet than women they might meet through mutual friends here, or at work, etc. There are the language and culture problems; the limited time spent together; the lack of context, etc. It is really difficult to get a clear sense of who the person we have grown to love is by short visits across the world.

The same is true, of course, for Chinese women, and they know almost nothing about their spouses until they are here and actually sharing their lives. So both sides are taking substantial chances.

I am very glad my wife and I simply decided to get married and then go for the CR-1 visa, and we are really happy together, but it could have been different. I believe I would recomend a finacee visa and have six months together here to sort things out if someone asked me. Even though our thing worked out extremely well.

Life is a gamble, and love is the biggest gamble in life. Whatever the way two people meet, they are very lucky, indeed if, after a few years, they can say it was all a very good thing. A true love is not an easy thing to find, no matter how you cut it.