Medical exams

The most frustrating thing I have experienced in all the medical hoop-la of a immigrant visa is nobody is acknowledging the GUZ exam.

When I took our children in for their shots, the TB Xrays were not even considered.

I have a signed and translated notarized statement that no evidence of TB is present but still had to have my son have a chest Xray.

That whole GUZ exam seems to be a big waste of money and time... no one medical source recognizes it, not even my own doctor who insisted on giving a full exam to my wife and children. Not a bad idea if the exam in GUZ was not needed for the visas.

I think it is a big conspiracy to milk more cash from this depleted cow! ;)

Don't get me started on how the SSA, USCIS, DHS and IRS are on totally different playing fields... :o

A lot of folks seem to run into problems with this sort of thing. I wonder, what does a physician have to do to be designated as an official "Civil Surgeon" in terms of USCIS?

Any one know?  :(

195300[/snapback]

Probably take some exam, a security background check

and submit to a full body cavity search :lol:

The SSA should state on their website that you will not get a SSN for your step children but feel free to stand in line for 2 hours.

The USCIS website should state that all information is bullcrap and do not pay any mind to it!

The DHS website should say that they are more powerful than God when it comes to any matter concerning... well.... ANYTHING!

I won't comment on the IRS website cuz I don't want to trigger an audit :redblob:

Edited by esun41 (see edit history)
I couldn't find a civil surgeon who would just sign off - I had to have the exam. But the good news is that it only cost $50. Hell, that is the cheapest fee I have had to pay thus far - so I didn't complain much.

Scott

195451[/snapback]

What about vaccinations? The I-693 supplimental is the part you really need.

• 3 weeks later...

Weds we went to a doctor in Denver, hispanic. Most of the patients there at the office were hispanic.

We went in with just the xray and her little exam booklet. They asked at least twice for her immunization records, which she didn't have (I asked her about that myself far more many times than that when she was still in china).

Anyways, we had to have an appointment with the doctor. First thing the nurse practitioner gave her a tetanus shot in one arm and a rubella/mumphs/measels/whatever in the other. They pulled some blood for another HIV test and also for syphillus. Then the injected her with a TB test. The doctor came in and looked at her pretty quickly, eyes, ears, mouth, felt her stomach area. Cost of this appointment was $177 cash.

He opened her x-ray to look at it but said that INS has gotten far stricter the past couple of years with what they're willing to accept and said that INS has been rejecting applications because these things weren't done in the US.

We went in this morning (Friday) and she came up positive on the TB, I guess 9mm long reaction, they said it was probably because of a past TB immunization. Immediately they did a new x-ray on her and that was okay, $35. He gave us an envelope with both a 693 & 693A inside signed off.

All we need now is to take the passport photos of her (the korean market wants $10 for a pair), go over all the documents 3 times to make sure we haven't missed anything, photo copy the whole shebang, sign the appropriate documents, and we're ready to send in.