Shipping AOS documents.....

Maybe the best way is what makes you comfortable. I sent mine thru the Postal Service to the Chicago Lockbox, return receipt requested. The return receipt was not returned for quite a few days after delivery, nor was the on-line tracking useful. It was not very helpful.

Where to File:

Effective December 1, 2004, if you live in Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming, as well as the District of Columbia, Guam, Puerto Rico, and the Virgin Islands of the United States,

you will need to mail your application to:

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services

P.O. Box 805887

Chicago, IL 60680-4120

You can read all about this and more at:

http://uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/i-485.htm

Edited by yuehan123 (see edit history)

I sent mine in the mail (to the P.O. box) the same way I'd send anyone a letter.. no priority, no return receipt, no signature.... no problem...

Here's another address:

Or, for non-United States Postal Service (USPS) deliveries (e.g. private couriers)

Attn: FBASI

427 S. LaSalle 3rd Floor

Chicago, IL 60605-1098

I sent mine in the mail (to the P.O. box) the same way I'd send anyone a letter.. no priority, no return receipt, no signature.... no problem...

Here's another address:

Or, for non-United States Postal Service (USPS) deliveries (e.g. private couriers)

Attn: FBASI

427 S. LaSalle 3rd Floor

Chicago, IL 60605-1098

193005[/snapback]

David,

I had read somewhere that if a signature is required (at the PO box) that it drasticly slows down the delivery or could even cause it to not be delivered..... Is this true?

Is it better to send it FedEx and get a signature that way?

Thanks,

Scott

I recall reading someone state issues with signatures as well...

I questioned the post office, and they said something like: you can

get delivery confirmation (or signature).. not from the receiving party at the Chicago office, but by someone who accepts the mail at the P.O.

After all that, I told her I didn't want anything extra on my mailing... she kept asking me but all I wanted was info from her...

You could ask your local post office and see if you get the same answer...

If you want it there fast, then send by a courier method where delivery tracking is inherent... as you say,FedEx...