P4 today 2/21

My SO received P4 today at her address at the farm, so we took the bus to the farm this afternoon and I was speculating what the interview date would be the whole trip. Was I ever shocked and surprised to read that her interview date is March 8!!!...that is 2 weeks from now, given the short month of Feb!! Fortunately we have all but 2 docs we need so it should be no problem, but I sure wasn't expecting anything earlier than late March or early April!! Given this, I'm glad we didn't wait until we get P4 to do any other paperwork processing or I would be a nervous wreck!! :D

My SO's interview is on a Wednesday so I have a couple questions:

- Do we need 2 full business days in GZ for medical processing before the interview or 3?

- Since a weekend comes into play if we need 3 days, are medicals processed at GZ hospitals on Saturday or Sunday?

Well, we're very excited to say the least!! My scheduled return to USA is 3/22 and I was worried I would miss her interview by a week or two and was prepared to change the tickets to stay, but need to get back in time to file taxes by 4/15. That won't be a problem now and I'm very happy I will be her to go to GZ with my SO and daughter for the medical and interview. Thought I would be flying out of GZ after a survey trip so I only bought a one way ticket to Nanning... now I'll need to buy another one way from Nanning to GZ on 3/22.

It's been pretty funny today seeing my SO so excited. First thing she did was put us on the wrong bus to the bus station when we were headed to the farm.... :) Later after we had been looking at P4 she had laid the papers on her chair and had gone off to do something and came back and sat right on the whole pile of papers.... she jumped up and said "I very happy" and pointed to her head and said "it no good today!" :o

Best of luck to the others waiting for P4's!! GZ has really speeded things up. Maybe to the point where some of the process tips need to be modified a bit. 2 weeks in not a lot of time and since P3-P4 is down to a month, I think P3 is the time to start rounding up the paperwork, which for most cases will be well within the 6 mos... just my opinion... I know there is a 2nd name check that can cause delays, but I doubt if the 6 mos will be in jeopardy for many. I would prefer a little extra time. The interview prep is a nervous enough time just before the interview.