Top Posters In This Topic

Dim Sum sounds good

Here are locations and reviews of two very good places

San Gabriel Valley

Ocean Star

Address: 145 N. Atlantic Blvd. Suite 201-203, Monterey Park, CA 91754

Phone: 626-308-2128

Rating: 4.5 Shu Mai

Review: Ocean Star serves perhaps the best Dim Sum in LA. The selections are numerous, the food is tasty, and the service is good. They also offer several unique items, so you can always be a little adventurous. Ocean Star is huge, noisy, and crowded, so you know it's authentic. Overall, a good choice.

NBC Seafood

Address: 404 S. Atlantic Blvd. Monterey Park, CA 91754

Phone: 626-282-2323

Rating: 4.0 Shu Mai

Review: Just down the street from Ocean Star is NBC Seafood, possibly the second best Dim Sum in LA. NBC is located in a small shopping center and the parking lot is full by 10am on any weekend. Its main attraction is its good service and wide selection. The dim sum is tasty. The wait is almost as long as Ocean Star so it pays to get there early.

We're always around. I think dim sum on Sunday morning would be super! A nice breakfast before the out-of-towners head north.

I just recieved a message from pkroger (Chino Hills) and he said they would probably be attending the gala.

195792[/snapback]

We are totally free on Sunday, so Dim Sum is also a great idea.

I could arrange to be at 'Downtown Disney' after work on the 24th too possibily. Maybe something around 7:30, so the traffic will not be so bad....

195785[/snapback]

Great idea!

195794[/snapback]

I got clearance for the boss and she likes the idea of spending the day there so I'll be working to make it happen.

I'll be looking to start back around noon or 1:00 on Sunday so breakfast sounds good.

Dan, you hold the distinction of being the first friendly face Jen saw upon arrival into the US whether it be family, CFL, or other. Hope we will get the chance to hang out for longer than the few moments we did between flights. :(

Hi,

This all sounds really great! Loving Candle wants to meet some friends from 001 when she is finally here and she hopes the SoCal group can get together more often!

I vote for NBC on Sunday, but it is very advisable to be there at about 9:30 and line up. It is a really busy place.

See you all at the Arboretum soon. I spent six years of my life there once a month, so I know a little bit about the place.

-James

Still not sure if we will be able to make it this time? I found out that we need to do some business in her hometown after the interview, so we might not leave China till the 20th or 21st...... I would love to make it if all possible!

I'm leaving for China this coming TUESDAY, I may be out of touch for awhile. I will try to give you an answer before we leave China!!!

Scott

Jason, so far my travel schedule looks like I'll be in California.  If I'm here, I'll be there  :)

195825[/snapback]

Hi Jim!

I hope you can make it! I don't want to be the only guy discussing what is still to come in my visa process.

-James

Edited by jemmyell (see edit history)

OK, We are in. B) I just reserved Jen and I into the Budget Inn in San Gabriel due to arrive late Thursday evening. :blink: We will hit Disney Friday and see ya'll on Saturday. The idea of seeing NBC on Sunday sounds like fun but we will have to pass so we can start our trip home. Anyone interested in starting early on Friday either at Disney of elswhere that evening, PM me or post here. B) We're coming down to the wire so it's time to pony up.

Edited by Feathers268 (see edit history)
OK, We are in. B) I just reserved Jen and I into the Budget Inn in San Gabriel due to arrive late Thursday evening. :blink: We will hit Disney Friday and see ya'll on Saturday. The idea of seeing NBC on Sunday sounds like fun but we will have to pass so we can start our trip home. Anyone interested in starting early on Friday either at Disney of elswhere that evening, PM me or post here. B) We're coming down to the wire so it's time to pony up.

196283[/snapback]

Jim we are not seeing NBC. We are eating Sunday brunch there. This is a Chinese Restaurant in Monterey Park right next to San Gabriel. You can still start home by noon.

Hi,

Yes, the parking lot at NBC is full or almost full by 10:00. I suggest arrival at 9:30 and line up at the door.

I am local to Downtown Disney, I don't go there much since it is SO busy. I basically grew up in Disneyland and Knott's Berry Farm since I had free access to both back in the day.

I would be happy to check out a restaurant, if you all want to eat RIGHT in DownTown Disney AND there will be some kids along then the Rainforest Cafe would be nice. BUT it is very busy as ANY of those places will be on a weekend evening. Would you all like me to nominate some restaurants a little bit away from that area for Friday night?

I live in Buena Park, and I have easy access to all the surrounding cities.

-James