San Gabriel, CA Meeting

Hello,

I guess I will go ahead and start a new thread and pitch some ideas for meeting locations.

The Los Angeles Arboretum is centrally located and would be a nice place to meet. It closes at sunset so moving to one of the local restaurants would be good then.

-James

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Checked out the Los Angeles Arboretum website. Looks interesting. Somewhat similar to Goldengate park in SF.

LA Arboretum

The Los Angeles County Arboretum & Botanic Garden is located at 301 North Baldwin Avenue, Arcadia, CA, 91007.

Open daily from 9:00 am - 5:00 pm; admission closes at 4:30 pm. Arboretum members are admitted free. Admission is $7 for adults, $5 for seniors (62 and over), $5 for students with ID,and $2.50 for children 5- 12. Children under 5 are admitted free. Parking is free. The Arboretum is a 127-acre botanical garden and historical site jointly operated by the Los Angeles Arboretum Foundation and the Los Angeles County Department of Parks and Recreation. For more information, call 626-821-3222.

Anyway the location is pretty close to San Gabriel City (about 15 minutes, according to yahoo maps).

San Gabriel

San Gabriel Square Mall

140 W. Valley Boulevard

San Gabriel, CA 91776

Phone: 626/280-0786

Fax: 626/280-7597

Visit the 12-acre San Gabriel Square mall, sometimes called “The Emerald City” or “Chinese Disneyland”, at Del Mar Avenue and Valley Boulevard.

I propose we set the meeting time at 10:00 am on Saturday, March 25th.

Maybe we could do the LA Arboretum in the morning, and then lunch in San Gabriel Square Mall followed by shopping. Then possibly dinner ?

Here is are a few local hotels for those coming from out of town:

Century Inn

The Hilton

Budget Inn

Garden Inn

You will have to call for reservations.

Hi,

I am confirming for March 25th! Looking forward to meeting the 'California Brigade'! I hope that there is a mix as my SO will not be here yet, if I am the only guy without his love, it may make me sad... :D

-James

Hi,

I am confirming for March 25th!  Looking forward to meeting the 'California Brigade'!  I hope that there is a mix as my SO will not be here yet, if I am the only guy without his love, it may make me sad... :D

-James

190623[/snapback]

Not to worry James ... I'll be there solo ... if I'm in the US. It's crazy but I never know my travel schedule very far in advance.

Cool, the thread was moved. Don seems to be recognizing tthat California has culture. :D :blink: Either that or he thinks we speak a foreign language. Maybe that's true after having visited OR-E-GUN.

Hey do any of the wives miss Chinese scrubs at the bath house? In L.A. Koreatown they have bath houses that scrub til you're red if any want to try.