AOS @ CSC time frame

This morning I received an email from CSC. On the 17th I had been told they transferred her case to CSC. The new email says they received it. It also gave a new processing timeframe. The original receipt notice said 120 to 180 days. Most here seem to run 5 to 7 months from app receipt. The new notice says they are taking 270 to 300 days! I have noticed that for two months the CSC processing date has been stuck on apps from 6/16/05. Are they on vacation or what?

Most apps seem to have been running 5 to 7 so what is up with this 10 to 11 months?

Application Type: I485 , Application to Register Permanent Residence or

to Adjust Status

Current Status:

On January 20, 2006, your I485 Application to Register Permanent

Residence or to Adjust Status was received here for processing. It is taking

between 270 and 300 days for us to process this kind of case. We will

mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case

status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision or

advice from USCIS within the projected processing time frame*, please

contact the National Customer Service Center.

National Customer Service Center (800) 375-5283.

I wouldn't put to much faith in those times! In fact, I wouldn't put none! I would've felt better if they instead of putting a range of days, would just put "we'll get to it when we get to it." :P

My wife's receipt date was Dec. 2003.

The case was transfered to the NBC and received a new receipt date of July 21, 2004!.....Mind Games!?

Thru the whole process, none of the times listed on CIS webpage or the range of days on the I-797C ever came close.

At least you know where you stand if they said/printed/emailed the above statement, "we'll get to it when we get to it" because that's exacty what it is!................

-good luck

Sounds like another case of HUTAS if you ask me!

The L.A. service center did not have people waiting in the halls to get into the waiting room for the interview, in fact, there were a dozen empty seats when we got there.

My only guess is that they transferred it to CSC as part of their trial run no interview AOS procedure.

On the other hand, it wouldn't surprize me if they went out of their way to make our (and their) lives more difficult!!!!

Be patient! At least you are together already! :P

Dan I recieved the same exact email as you on Monday. Our case was transferred last week too.

184799[/snapback]

Is that like saying misery likes company? :yahoo: Looks like we are on the same tour.

I hope everything is going well for the two of you. I laughed when I saw your ID with Beware:. I'm safe, I'm protected by a small, fiery, dynamo of a Chinese woman. :hug:

yeah, definitely put NO faith in the times they give you, they are hardly ever close to the times they say....sometimes shorter and sometimes a lot longer....we went for our AOS interview almost one year ago and were told the GC would be here in one month, two at the latest!!! now it has been 11 months....i think they were a "little" off!!! on that estimate!!

i wish they would tell us ours was transferred or SOMETHING!! just something so we know it isn't LOST somewhere...it is getting rediculous!!!

Interesting; this is the response I just got:

Application Type: I485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

Current Status:

On January 20, 2006, we received your response to our request for evidence or information. It is taking between 120 and 180 days for us to process this kind of case. However because preliminary processing was complete, the remaining processing time will be less than the maximum stated in this message. You will receive a written decision on this case.

Application Type: I485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

Current Status: 

On January 20, 2006, we received your response to our request for evidence or information. It is taking between 120 and 180 days for us to process this kind of case. However because preliminary processing was complete, the remaining processing time will be less than the maximum stated in this message. You will receive a written decision on this case.

185210[/snapback]

Our NOA 1 for AOS was 9/28/05 and when I put the number in their website I got the same response that Pete did. We did not apply for Advanced Parole with our AOS app because I was sure we would have the green card before we wanted to return to China. Now we're planning to go back in September and I would like to book tickets now but I guess we better wait to see what happens. Wasn't getting the K visa supposed to be the only gut-wrenching part of THE PROCESS... :P

Current Status: 

185210[/snapback]

Our NOA 1 for AOS was 9/28/05 and when I put the number in their website I got the same response that Pete did. We did not apply for Advanced Parole with our AOS app because I was sure we would have the green card before we wanted to return to China. Now we're planning to go back in September and I would like to book tickets now but I guess we better wait to see what happens. Wasn't getting the K visa supposed to be the only gut-wrenching part of THE PROCESS... :)

185249[/snapback]

Definitely not. We have never been promised a rose garden at any point of the long string of processing we have embarked on. The only thing we can be sure of is there are always thorns around.

Good luck on yours. If only there were a semblance of logic to the immigration process. Getting out of the process may be the driving force to finally go for citizenship. I'm just not sure which country or which one of us :P