Update on Candle's K1s

In light of Lurker's recent post, I went back through a number of threads and was able to compile the following information.

On February 14th I posted a thread requesting information regarding Candle Members who are K1 applicants and are post-interview. Again, thanks to all who responded. After going over the list and reveiwing recent posts, as of yet, I can see no flood of K1's coming through. Consider the following:

Number of People Who Responded to Thread: 33

Number of People Who Have Received EMS: 2

Those lucky two are:

skibum: interview 8/15; last resub 1/4

Ying and Vin: interview 8/27; last resub 1/6

So, according to the data so far, two cases out of the 33 have received EMS in the past 12 days. If I am wrong, and you have received EMS please let me know. Again, this is for K1 only and also only for those who have been interviewed. I want to try to keep this data as current as possible.

Although we have seen a good bit of positive activity of late, the majority of the cases seem to be family-based visas and not K1. Two out of thirty-three is not a large percentage. That means that 31 of the cases who responded to the thread are still waiting.

Some of you may have been told your case is in GZ. I hope this is true. My concern here, however, is that in our meeting with Richard Adams he openly told us that his feeling was that family based visas should be processed prior to K1s. However, he was also told by DoS to process K1 first. I am not drawing any conclusions here or pointing any fingers (yet). I just want to gather data.

If you responded to my February 14th thread and have any further info regarding your case, please post it in this thread or PM me. I would greatly appreciate it.

And might I also add that I wish all of you, no matter what type of visa, quick success and congratulations again to all who have receivedd their EMS. :lol:

Hi, Mick,

It's my turn to use the computer now!!!

I just see that here your post has not got any response and in case you feel lonely, so I am writing to you. Frankly, one side I've become kind of numb about the visa because this process is too long and too messy. On the other side I cannot help feeling angry when I think of it. One thing is important, we are staying together. Many other JMs and GGs suffer more than us. Don't worry. Maybe tomorrow, on your way to the classroom, you will find an envelope on the ground---our EMS! Am I daydreaming??

:lol: :lol:

Thank you very much for fixing me a delicious dinner. I'll bet most people here on the board don't know you are such a great cook!

Hi, Mick,

I just see that here your post has not got any response and in case you feel lonely, so I am writing to you. Frankly, one side I've become kind of numb about the visa because this process is too long and too messy. On the other side I cannot help feeling angry when I think of it. One thing is important, we are staying together. Many other JMs and GGs suffer more than us. Don't worry. Maybe tomorrow, on your way to the classroom, you will find an envelope on the ground---our EMS! Am I daydreaming??

:lol:  :lol:

Thank you very much for fixing me a delicious dinner. I'll bet most people here on the board don't know you are such a great cook!

Hey now he just told me today, I would never want to try any of his horrible Chinese food. Well Diana likes my food, I guess it is true, love is blind, and now maybe it is tasteless also. :lol: :o

Hi, Mick,

:lol:  :lol:

Hey now he just told me today, I would never want to try any of his horrible Chinese food. Well Diana likes my food, I guess it is true, love is blind, and now maybe it is tasteless also. :o :o

Believe me. His food was really testy though he didn't put any salt. Food is good and the feeling of being fed by him is better! I think that your honey may agree with me. When she tastes the delicious food you cook, she is tasting your love!!

:lol: B)

I am sorry. I typed a wrong word. It's Tasty, not testy!  :D

I think Mick is pretty testy too!!!! :rolleyes: :D :P

NO, I'm just tired from having to spend my lunch hour trying to explain that "chicken s**t on a pump handle" idiom you posted in her thread. Ease up on those cowboy idioms ok? :D ;) :D

I am sorry. I typed a wrong word. It's Tasty, not testy!  -_-

I think Mick is pretty testy too!!!! :D :P :D

When people get too testy, they become very tasty! :P :D :D

You guys make me jealous! I told my hubby - in my next life I would want someone who could cook for me -- he'd better start practice if he wanted to be a candidate :o :rolleyes: :P :D :D

Well have to give him credit -- he is very easy to cook for -- far easier than the men in my family. Beggars can't be choosers, right?

Here is the saying: Love goes through stomach. So Mick and all GGs, keep up cooking for your beloved!

JMs - don't you see I am helping you with an easy start in your life in America?

:D :D :P ;) :D :P

Guest Snowbeast

It may be really hard to determine if clearance has been sent to GZ from the info line. I gues it has always been their offocial policy not to give any real information. Thankfully, they have in the past. But it is getting harder to get them to say anything other than "nothing yet" or "still pending."

You might also hear them say "You will have to contact the consulate."

I guess it depends on who you talk to.

It may be really hard to determine if clearance has been sent to GZ from the info line.  I gues it has always been their offocial policy not to give any real information.  Thankfully, they have in the past.  But it is getting harder to get them to say anything other than "nothing yet" or "still pending."

You might also hear them say "You will have to contact the consulate."

I guess it depends on who you talk to.

You are probably right. The DOS info line doesn't want to give much. Just hope more would be clear in the coming days from GZ.

2 out of 33 and no visa in hand really sucks! :lol:

I don't remember if I posted on Feb. 14 thread, but (K-1) still no pickup notice from GZ and no definite word of clearance.

Yes, you responded AZ. You are one of the 33 who posted and, like us, one of the 31 who are still waiting. :( :rolleyes: