We win the lottery

Contestent Wang Chunxia, come on down!!!

We won the lottery! The letter was indeed the EMS from GZ. A good thing it was sent EMS as our niece had sent us a Christmas/New Years card from Xiamen on December 29th by regular mail and it just arrived today.

Something that I noticed. They had assigned her another case number that was different from the GUZ number. Possibly that is why some of the information line people are not seeing the clearances. They input the GUZ number but the case is under another case number.

The actual visa number is listed also, so it looks to me like they are printing the visas out prior to sending the letters. Therefore the drop off the passport and come back routine is so they can find the actual visa in the files and attach it.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Owen! Wonderful, fantastic - God bless you and your sweetie for all the extreme waiting, and work YOU'VE done to inspire and keep us on track!

Well, your time to shine is here and enjoy the trip BACK (LOL...for good reasons now) to GUZ and your planning the trip "home" guy. (Hmm, home is where the heart is, but of course you get my meaning here :D ) :blink: :huh:

Contestent Wang Chunxia, come on down!!!

We won the lottery!  The letter was indeed the EMS from GZ.  A good thing it was sent EMS as our niece had sent us a Christmas/New Years card from Xiamen on December 29th by regular mail and it just arrived today.

Something that I noticed.  They had assigned her another case number that was different from the GUZ number.  Possibly that is why some of the information line people are not seeing the clearances.  They input the GUZ number but the case is under another case number.

The actual visa number is listed also, so it looks to me like they are printing the visas out prior to sending the letters.  Therefore the drop off the passport and come back routine is so they can find the actual visa in the files and attach it.

Congras Owen!

I have been waiting for your news too. When I checked my computer just now, sure there it was!

I wished it had happened a little sonner so that your lady did not have to travel all the way to GZ again. Anyway, it is a great news!

Do you plan to move back to the US before your semester is over?

I hope your "different case number" assumption is true. We were told by CA that our clearance was sent to GZ at 2/4 but by last Friday, DoS info line still said "still pending". Your luck encouraged me!

Happle :blink:

I will stay here through the semester. In fact, I am looking at jobs now to decide on where I will be next year. We like Shenyang, cold weather and all, and would like to stay here. I have several colleges interested, it is just a matter of who I get the better offer from. The wife's family in Xiamen would like me to move down there and buy a "building" with them. I think that they mean apartments next to each other, but the family back before the Cultural Revolution had a large compound style home and were wealthy. They may literally be looking at doing that style of life again.

At any rate, I would like to keep working in China and visit the US if possible.

snip///

At any rate, I would like to keep working in China and visit the US if possible.

seee? we told you so ! Congrats..

Don't you have to "enter" and "move" to the U.S though for the wife visa to remain valid? I'm confused.

Owen,

Congrats. I think the visa will expire in 6 months. And your wife must go to US first, then come back to China if you like (waiting the AOS interview).

I am confused too. You were so bitter about the visa delays. Now your wife got it, then you want to remain in China. If you want to stay in China, so it didn't matter when your wife gets the visa. I bet you want to be with your daughter and decided to stay. Or just have second thought about moving to US.

Anyway, good luck. :unsure: