Want Meeting with GZ Consulate?

According to Angry Texan's post , Angry Texan is gong to be in GZ either the 1st or 2nd week in March. He has offered to go to bat for us if he can get a meeting. Also there are others of us, living in GZ who have offered to help. Read my suggestions after Texan's post. What do you think of this idea? I am open to suggestions on this plan, but I think we do need to do something to let GZ know that we still merit top priority.

If we do this, we will need to get everyone to help by sending emails and faxes to the officers at the consulate to get a meeting scheduled. Then we need everyone to send their story to Texan so he can take with him to GZ.

In fact, knowing the Texan, he might get in the door even without a scheduled meeting. So start writing your letters now. There is not much time. Texan, do you know yet if you are going the 1st or the 2nd week of March?

I'm serious. Tex, I wish I could go with you. I think we need representatives in GZ - where our cases are. Are there enough of us who want to do this? If there is positve response on this idea from this group, I will post a form letter that we can modify and use to demand. . . :o er... request. . . a meeting with the consulate officers.

As I responded in the Texan's thread, I think this is a good idea and should be followed up on. When Owen and I set up our appointment, we went through a bizarre series of e-mail contacts with Richard Adams. It seems quite a few board members bombarded him with e-mails and he got confused about who wanted a meeting and when. It was just plain weird. But finally he figured it out when we sent an e-mail stating that Owen and I wanted the appointment and we gave him a specific time and date.

Like I said, I think this is a great idea and would further give us clarity in regards to what the current situation is. Best of luck to Texan in obtaining this meeting.

I am also available and could attend the meeting with you. I am hoping for a reply from DOS this week from a phone call made last Thur. in any event I will be calling on Thur. to find out the results of their meeting they told me they were having that afternoon. Also I have an email into Mr. Hays who I have meant personally when I visited GZ in late January. Just let me know when you want to be there. I know we can go in on Tue. & Thur. at 2 PM and ask to see a particular person and just hope they are there. That is what I did. But lets have a good game plan with the right questions.

We just sent an e-mail and requested such as a representative of a group. Members of the group sent supporting e-mails.

I would recommend that you set an agenda and work up the questions that you have to ask ahead of time and send a list of such to the person you are going to meet with. It is a common courtesy in business and allows them to be prepared and give you better answers.

After reading all of this support, I now feel AWFUL, but I may have to postpone the trip a few weeks due to a work-related crisis that arose today.  I should know something in the next few days, and I will let you know.  Sorry  :)

Here's hoping that, due to the delay, the trip won't be necessary because your visa comes through. :lol: