CFL AOS I-485 approved without interview

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I just checked our case status and the result was it is in process and we will be contacted with a decision. (Process of AOS)

This speaks of approve or not approve without interview?

This speaks of approve or not approve of an interview?

I guess I will just wait and see like I always have...

• 4 weeks later...
FWIW, I can no longer make edits to the table I originally posted, so if one of the mods wants to take this thread over or start a new one, please feel free. From what I've read the CSC transfers are still happening for AOS cases deemed 'interview waivable'. Good luck!

206398[/snapback]

Tony, I opened the door for you so you can edit to your heart's content.

206621[/snapback]

Tony ... you just made more work for yourself ....

:P

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Guest ShaQuaNew

No rhyme or reason has been establish from what I can tell.. even people with RFEs bypass the interview !! People at the same district office get different outcomes (one has an interview and one doesn't); so you cannot see any trend by office (IMO).

The the criteria for "deeming AOS interview waivable" is likely not fairly dished out, you can be sure that there are indeed criterion for making that determination. Even though the adjudication manual for this is probably not public, one with a lot of time on their hands could research cases and narrow it down. The hard part about it would be finding:

1. Exact dates that everything happened, both by the government, and petitioner

2. The exact nature and wording of any RFE

3. The financial stability of the petitioner, including income, time on the job, time at residence

4. Whether the beneficiary has had any previous dealings whatsoever with US immigration

5. Whether the beneficiary has ever had any dealings with the Communist party

6. Whether the beneficiary or K2 dependents have ever been involved with any kind of law enforcement activity; child custody battle?

Edited by ShaQuaNew (see edit history)
  • 2 months later...