Could this be it? Finally?

The college foreign affairs officer just contacted me to let me know that my wife has a letter from the Guangzhou Consulate waiting in his desk. He said it came in Friday afternoon. The only thing that I can see it being is her long awaited pick up notice. That would make it just over 28 months we have been working on getting her a visa! The bad part is that he will not be in his office until Monday afternoon, so we will just have to wait until then to be sure.

Are any other ladies from Shenyang going to GZ for their visas soon? My wife would like to travel together if there are.

Owen my friend. Every prayer that I know is going up for you and your wife. My God, I hope this is finally the end of the tunnel for you. If any one on this board deserves a final positive resolution, it is you.

How does the little lady feel about another grueling train ride. :) She is always welcome to stay over in Shantou if she wants to break up the trip. I'm sure Li would welcome another treatment with the heat jars. :excl:

The wife is thinking about dropping by Xiamen again if no one accompanies her. She liked it there. She was already planning on how to buy apartments together with our nieces there. I kind of took the wind out of the sails by pointing out that I would lose my Guangxi in Shenyang. I doubt that I could, at least immediately, make as much there as I can here.

She was literally dancing and singing around the house when she got the news. Those of you who met her recently can believe that. If she has to go by herself, we will probably fly her this time. Problem is that she gets lost in new territory very easily. I would really worry about her on her own in GZ.

The wife is thinking about dropping by Xiamen again if no one accompanies her.  She liked it there.  She was already planning on how to buy apartments together with our nieces there.  I kind of took the wind out of the sails by pointing out that I would lose my Guangxi in Shenyang.  I doubt that I could, at least immediately, make as much there as I can here.

She was literally dancing and singing around the house when she got the news.  Those of you who met her recently can believe that.  If she has to go by herself, we will probably fly her this time.  Problem is that she gets lost in new territory very easily.  I would really worry about her on her own in GZ.

My God, you're right Owen!!!! Keep her off that subway. :excl:

Maybe Jennifer can meet her at the airport????? :excl: :)

Guest jennifer_lam
The wife is thinking about dropping by Xiamen again if no one accompanies her.  She liked it there.  She was already planning on how to buy apartments together with our nieces there.  I kind of took the wind out of the sails by pointing out that I would lose my Guangxi in Shenyang.  I doubt that I could, at least immediately, make as much there as I can here.

She was literally dancing and singing around the house when she got the news.  Those of you who met her recently can believe that.  If she has to go by herself, we will probably fly her this time.  Problem is that she gets lost in new territory very easily.  I would really worry about her on her own in GZ.

congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yeah, we met ur honey and understand what u worry. :excl:

anything we can help in GZ, just let us know.

We all miss ur honey's singing. :)

The college foreign affairs officer just contacted me to let me know that my wife has a letter from the Guangzhou Consulate waiting in his desk.  He said it came in Friday afternoon.  The only thing that I can see it being is her long awaited pick up notice.  That would make it just over 28 months we have been working on getting her a visa!  The bad part is that he will not be in his office until Monday afternoon, so we will just have to wait until then to be sure.

Are any other ladies from Shenyang going to GZ for their visas soon?  My wife would like to travel together if there are.

Welcome back Owen..

And yes, it has to be that.. :D

or maybe mailed-in do-it-yourself search warrant after your trip to GZ . :D :D

juuuuuust kidding.

Let us know Monday, but It has to be the long awaited paper...