In general, divorces draw extra questions... 

here's what the FAQ has:

A.1.18.3

COMMON QUESTIONS TO PREVIOUS MARRIAGE:

Concerning Beneficiary:

How many times have you been married? (state how many times )

When did you get divorced?  (give date)

Why did you get divorced?  (state a reason)

Where is your previous husband? / Where does your ex-husband live? (If unknown, state as such)

After your divorce, do have contact with him? (be honest, but minimal.  If no, state so)

Do you have any children?  (state how many)

Who has custody of the child?  (if your child is also seeking a visa, you must have full custody)

For the beneficiary having previous marriages, the VO wants to make sure that the ex-spouse is not in the country you are about to go to. Otherwise this could raise some concern that you are trying to get to that country to be with the ex-spouse.  The VO also wants to ensure that you have full custody of the child, If your seeking a visa for the child.

Concerning Petitioner:

When did the petitioner get divorced?

Why did you get divorced?

How long was he married?

Does your spouse have any children?

Does your spouse¡¯s son live with your husband?

How old is your spouse¡¯s son?

Did you know your spouse/fianc¨¦e was married 3 times? (Yes, he was last divorced in 1973)

For the petitioner having previous marriages, the VO wants to ensure that the relationship is a bona-fide one. That the beneficiary knows the petitioner¡¯s past, particularly if there are children.

175877[/snapback]

Hi Guy's

Thanks for all the advise. Much of this I already knew. It is just such a pain that they would not even take the time to look at the letters of explanation that I did have. It is that 3 minutes and your out of there thing that tork's me off. But then again I was not surprised. I also had chat log's but they would not look at them if I understood her correctly.

As I told them in my letter's, her spoken english is not good but her reading and writeing was getting better all the time so we just kept at that. After all I could see her with the web cam and talk to her also if I wanted.

I will see what they say friday, get my passport noterized, try and find the ex., try and see if we can get a tape made of us talking, and if that fail's I am sure that I will be trying to get King to take the case.

Other thing's of note was what a zoo it was the morning of the interview. There was a big crowd with the jack ass local sucurity guards trying to keep order. There was lot's of pushing and shoving and reshuffling and confusion. They made one poor old lady in a wheel chair get out and climb the step's because the wheel chair ramp was blocked off. All the people waiting to get in seemed to handle it quite well. I only saw one other white guy there but that does not mean that there were not some other patitioners there.

Will keep you posted on how this paly's out.

Jim

These have been some really good posts on this topic. I am just wondering for future reference, is there a limit to the number of times that you can go in to overcome? Say an overcome is also denied, can you keep on trying? Also, for an overcome, the US Citizen petitioner is allowed to present the case together with the SO correct?

Sorry to hear about your SO's blue slip!!  I'm interested in the recent trend of VO's asking about ex's whereabouts.   How long ago was her divorce?  If it was not so long ago, then I can understand them asking this.  I am in the same situation as you with the calling card I use not having records, but I want to use it up before putting money into a different one, but maybe I should do that just to have some kind of records to show them.  I have chat logs from Yahoo that I have printed, plus emails.  Did your SO present the VO with your stamped passport with hers when they asked?  If not, this might have helped if the VO knew you were there in person downstairs... 

I agree with what has been said... be nice and show them what you have and explain what you don't have and why.  I'm sure they will grant the visa once they see what they didn't look at.  Just you being there and going to American Citizen hour will be a big help to your cause and will go a long ways to showing the credibility of your relationship. 

I wish you the best of luck with the overcome!!

175809[/snapback]

I'm getting the impression that asking about EX residence is exclusive to K1. Have we seen this on CR1 or K 3/4?

Mike

175831[/snapback]

Yes, it is a common question. Yin was asked and while she was waiting several other ladies also K3 were asked. They were "networking" among themselves (aka gossiping) during processing. I didn't really place any importance on it, since I have met her ex-husband and have had dinner with him. Several suggestions of ideas were submitted in this thread are very good!

Mike go to Field Report GUZ Post #1, See question 4, at http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=14483

I suggest that all people with interviews upcoming, should read this thread hyperlink I posted. Most especially since One Suite is a very popular phone service in the CFL Forum. It could stop an RFE before it occurs! The information is less than 2 weeks old!

Guest pushbrk
I suggest that all people with interviews upcoming, should read this thread hyperlink I posted.  Most especially since One Suite is a very popular phone service in the CFL Forum.  It could stop an RFE before it occurs!  The information is less than 2 weeks old!

175894[/snapback]

I've been using Dynasky. The logs clearly show my phone number as the called from number. The cost is pretty much the same as One Suite. If I call from either my cell or home phone, I don't need to use my pin at all.

There is no local access number for me, so I use my cell phone's free long distance.