Bringing Wife Home Dec.21st POE LA

Guest pushbrk
I will be returning December 21st with my wife. Our Point Of Entry will be Los Angeles. Can I accompany her thru the immigration process? can anyone tell me about their experience so I am prepared in advance.

Thanks Bill

175038[/snapback]

I came through LAX Immigration Wednesday. Of course, I didn't have my wife with me but my experience indicates there are lines for US Citizens and lines for Foreign nationals. I don't see why you can't get in the same line as your lady. It just slows you down. You weren't planning on leaving her at the airport, so who cares. :-)

When you finally clear everything in customs, before you go upstairs, there's a place to the right where they'll check your luggage for any domestic transfer. That way you don't have to deal with the luggage when you go up to get any boarding passes. It occurred to me that this procedure might be real helpful if you have excess weight or baggage, since the baggage is not being handled by an actual employee of the airline it's going on.

Mike

We went through SFO and through the line for non-citizens.

I gave the officer our passports and GZ packet.

My wife had a digital thumb print and a photo taken.

Just make sure the I-94 is filled out correctly.

No problems.

175094[/snapback]

I did the same with my SO and children.

There is no problems going through whatever line you want...

Gosh... I love America! :D

This will sound silly, but do not pack the sealed visa package in your luggage. You are to carry it and the chest x-ray through the POE.

On the I-94 remember that where it says Last Name, this is her family name. You don't want to mix and match because of terminology as it will cause you grief later down the road.

When we arrived at LAX it was rather busy and I asked where to go for the K-1 visa, they sent us to a line for immigrants and we got to help out in training a new guy at the POE. The supervisor spoted the packet and was there before we got to the front of the line to speed things along.

Just a pointer, if they ask about something in the packet that they don't find remind them that GZ sealed it and you brought it as instructed. :D They spent a few minutes looking for the I-134, but GZ didn't keep the one my wife had at the interview. :D

Sit back and enjoy, you should be done processing before the luggage arrives. If you are continuing on you might want to put the x-ray in your luggage instead of carrying it the rest of the trip.

This will sound silly, but do not pack the sealed visa package in your luggage. You are to carry it and the chest x-ray through the POE.

On the I-94 remember that where it says Last Name, this is her family name. You don't want to mix and match because of terminology as it will cause you grief later down the road.

When we arrived at LAX it was rather busy and I asked where to go for the K-1 visa, they sent us to a line for immigrants and we got to help out in training a new guy at the POE. The supervisor spoted the packet and was there before we got to the front of the line to speed things along.

Just a pointer, if they ask about something in the packet that they don't find remind them that GZ sealed it and you brought it as instructed.  :P They spent a few minutes looking for the I-134, but GZ didn't keep the one my wife had at the interview.  :rolleyes:

Sit back and enjoy, you should be done processing before the luggage arrives. If you are continuing on you might want to put the x-ray in your luggage instead of carrying it the rest of the trip.

175104[/snapback]

My wife forgot to put a space between her first name; Hui Hui vs HuiHui,

on the I-94 so it was entered in the system as one name.

We found this out when we went to SSA and that is the named used

for her card.

So she will have to go with this for a while.

Bill,

If arriving in the Bradley Building clearly identify yourselves as a "CR-1" to the immigration person directing people to the proper lines. And, yes, I accompanied her through the process- no problem. 

Many of my trips back here I had observed "K" visa folks being directed to the left side of the reception area. When we arrived in July as a CR-1 we went to the FAR RIGHT side- almost invisible.

See post #11.arrival at LAX as a CR-1

175123[/snapback]

I arrive at Terminal 5 @ 5:50 PM my next flight leaves Terminal 7 @ 7:55 PM sounds like it is going to be a horse race to catch my next flight. Thanks for all the post. Bill

I will be returning December 21st with my wife. Our Point Of Entry will be Los Angeles. Can I accompany her thru the immigration process? can anyone tell me about their experience so I am prepared in advance.

Thanks Bill

175038[/snapback]

I went through San Francisco Immigration with my laopo. We went through US citizen line and my wife was then directed to go to the immigration booth where she handed over the GUZ package. Make sure it includes the cover sheet. My wife did not think the cover sheet was of any importance and she had accidentally removed it. Luckily she found it among other paperworks in the baggage. I was waiting for her at the end of the booth, 20 ft away, available to give my wife any assistance with a form that she had to fill out (address and phone number of her new residence in US). I told the Customs/Immigration officer that I am the husband and waiting for wife to get processed, so they let me wait and stand at the end of the booth. Everything took less than 30 minutes.

No problems.

175094[/snapback]

A USCIS Form I-94 (Arrival-Departure Record) shows the date you arrived in the United States. You will receive an USCIS Form I-94 from an USCIS inspector when arriving in the United States port-of-entry or from an airline representative when arriving at an air port-of-entry by aircraft. The form must be completed and presented to an USCIS inspector. Is this correct that you can receive the I-94 prior to landing by a airline representative?

Edited by BillV 8-16-2004 (see edit history)
Guest pushbrk

No problems.

175094[/snapback]

A USCIS Form I-94 (Arrival-Departure Record) shows the date you arrived in the United States. You will receive an USCIS Form I-94 from an USCIS inspector when arriving in the United States port-of-entry or from an airline representative when arriving at an air port-of-entry by aircraft. The form must be completed and presented to an USCIS inspector. Is this correct that you can receive the I-94 prior to landing by a airline representative?

175270[/snapback]

True and in my experience, universally correct. This has nothing to do with the circumstances of one's arrival. It is done for all arriving passengers. The forms are also distributed before border arrival on ships, trains and busses.

No problems.

175094[/snapback]

175270[/snapback]

True and in my experience, universally correct. This has nothing to do with the circumstances of one's arrival. It is done for all arriving passengers. The forms are also distributed before border arrival on ships, trains and busses.

175272[/snapback]

This form (I-94) is one that we all must fill-out upon entering the country? But I never associated it with the immigration process.

Guest pushbrk

No problems.

175094[/snapback]

175270[/snapback]

175272[/snapback]

This form (I-94) is one that we all must fill-out upon entering the country? But I never associated it with the immigration process.

175273[/snapback]

If filled out incorrectly or untruthfully, the form can definitely impact permission to enter. I think the point was to make sure it is filled out correctly to avoid any complications.