Ya'll remember 'safe palce'

Well, they sent me a 'please donate' letter today. I rarely donate to organized charity but those who remember the Jany thing all know that 'safe place' did a great job with her. I'm gonna send them a check-anyone who really feels the need to share some of their bucks at this time of year--This place is top of the line!

Edited by Trigg (see edit history)
Guest ShaQuaNew
Well, they sent me a 'please donate' letter today.  I rarely donate to organized charity but those who remember the Jany thing all know that 'safe place' did a great job with her. I'm gonna send them a check-anyone who really feels the need to share some of their bucks at this time of year--This place is top of the line!

173668[/snapback]

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...ic=8653&hl=jany

Well, they sent me a 'please donate' letter today.  I rarely donate to organized charity but those who remember the Jany thing all know that 'safe place' did a great job with her. I'm gonna send them a check-anyone who really feels the need to share some of their bucks at this time of year--This place is top of the line!

173668[/snapback]

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...ic=8653&hl=jany

173671[/snapback]

If ya'll wanna get your tears jerked---read this thread.

CFL done good--real good!!!!!

So did 'a safe place'

I think there are quite a few of us who came in after this thing happened.  Is it too aweful to post the story, I read the happy ending.

Very sweet.

Larry

173759[/snapback]

Yea, very very sad story-but what a great outcome. Shows that the CFL crew is more than just a bunch of pretty faces. The gang really came through-not only with just money but one member took them to dinner and got toys for the little girl etc..

Anyway, i didn't really bring this back because of the Jany thing. I just thought that 'safe place' one of the few charities that I feel comfortable donating to--and maybe others would feel the same. They gave every penny we donated to the Jany fund directly to her--nothing witheld etc...I've talked to them on the phone--good people-for what it's worth I'm sending them a check (if i can get it mailed before wifey sees it)

Please post it Trigg.

173764[/snapback]

I agree with Yuanyang....can you post the info for all to see what 'safe place' is about? Besides, I dont think I know where Don lives to steal his cats........... Thx !

173817[/snapback]

Probably Xiahong would pay you to steal that cat.

Any of you new people who haven't read the Jany thread yet really should. It is a perfect of example of the best and worst of human kind. I would also urge USCONGUZ to read it as well. Men such as Jany's ex husband should not be allowed to sponsor minor children. I find it very hard to believe that a convicted sex offender's record wouldn't show up on one of the many security checks. The flip side is the heart warming story of a group of people who banded together to help this woman none of them had ever met. CFL deserves a huge pat on the back for how we responded to Jany's need. Trigg how about gettng in touch with Jany and getting an update for us. Might even be fun for the group to get together and send her daughter some christmas presents.

Any of you new people who haven't read the Jany thread yet really should.  It is a perfect of example of the best and worst of human kind.  I would also urge USCONGUZ to read it as well.  Men such as Jany's ex husband should not be allowed to sponsor minor children. I find it very hard to believe that a convicted sex offender's record wouldn't show up on one of the many security checks.  The flip side is the heart warming story of a group of people who banded together to help this woman none of them had ever met.  CFL deserves a huge pat on the back for how we responded to Jany's need.  Trigg how about gettng in touch with Jany and getting an update for us.  Might even be fun for the group to get together and send her daughter some christmas presents.

173850[/snapback]

Good Idea Carl. I'll see if I can get in touch with her and get an update and an address to send some Christmas goodies to her little cherub!

due to the overwhelming amount of PM's I got (None) asking for the address of 'A Safe Place' (the original topic of this thread), I thought I'd post it here.

A Safe Place

6 Greenleaf Woods, suite #101

Portsmouth, NH 03801