Notice in Mail?

I am holding my breath and waiting for my daughter to call me.

Here is a reply from CA to my yesterday's inquiry:

Dear Ms. XXX

I'm pleased to be able to inform you that, according to our records, the visa was issued yesterday.

Can this be interpreted as notice mailed? I don't know! I don't have high hopes any more if I don't want to be disappointed. I will keep you updated on the progress. If they mailed on 2/17, I may hear something tomorrow or during the weekend -- thank God --Chinese postal service works on Sundays!

Guest Snowbeast

This could mean any number of things. The optimistic opinion would be that they print the visas before, or when they mail the letters. This would only make sense, but when is the last time anything made sense with regard to this situation?

Did somebody say they trust the kid on the bike more than the U.S. mail system? Have we fallen so far that we are going to just take whatever they tell us and be happy? I am prepared to accept that they are sending the letters via regular mail, but that does not mean I'm happy about it.

I also think that Simkin's response posted in the other thread is rather lame. I have heard that the EMS system is much more reliable than regular mail. The interviewees were informed that they would receive the letters via EMS. We've seen so much information given and taken--anything from false alarms to lies. It's been 16 days since our clearance was supposedly sent to GZ. I still can get no information about whether it has been entered by GZ. I just hope it has, or will be handled soon.

This could mean any number of things.  The optimistic opinion would be that they print the visas before, or when they mail the letters.  This would only make sense, but when is the last time anything made sense with regard to this situation?

Did somebody say they trust the kid on the bike more than the U.S. mail system?  Have we fallen so far that we are going to just take whatever they tell us and be happy?  I am prepared to accept that they are sending the letters via regular mail, but that does not mean I'm happy about it.

I also think that Simkin's response posted in the other thread is rather lame.  I have heard that the EMS system is much more reliable than regular mail.  The interviewees were informed that they would receive the letters via EMS.  We've seen so much information given and taken--anything from false alarms to lies.  It's been 16 days since our clearance was supposedly sent to GZ.  I still can get no information about whether it has been entered by GZ.  I just hope it has, or will be handled soon.

First of all, congratulations Charlotte! At least it seems there is some positive movement in your case. I truly pray that this means that the visa is ready and she will get the pick up notice soon. I do share, however, Snowbeasts concerns mentioned in the quoted post. Stay positive but cautious. Please let us know how things are going on this.

Li sends her regards by the way. :(

Congratulations Charlotte JJ, :angry:

what he said ' visa is issued yesterday' might mean the date of visa issue is printed as yesterday,

it's just as I got visa picking up EMS on last Dec 24, but the visa issue date on the passport was printed as last Dec 12 .

hope your daughter gets EMS soon!

Alan & Kate

Andrew Simkin said all he sees in the system is  that a visa was issued on 2/18; he suggested we contack GZ for details.  Since it is not convenient for me to call, I just have to give a few days.  Will keep you updated!  Based on other threads, small towns get EMS; big cities get regular mail?  But who knows!

I am happy for you Charlotte!! It seems everything is positive. I am sure your daughter will get EMS pretty soon. By the way, do you when was your case sent to GZ from US after cleared? Then we can imagine it will take how long for GZ to enter in the computer after they received the clearance. Thank u!!! Best wishes!!