NVC Security/Name Check

NVC received my approved K3 petition on 11/23/05 and assigned the GUZ number yesterday (11/28/05). I called them this afternoon, a lady told me they are waiting for clearance from Washington D.C....some sort of administrative processing?

I am a little confused. I thought the security/name check is done by FBI or other law enforcement agencies. Why do they wait for clearance from Washington D.C.?

Usally how long will it take for this clearance?

Does anyone have the similar experience when calling NVC?

Any feedback is greatly appreciated! :lol:

Thanks!

The lady didn't say it's administrative review, she just told me they are waiting for the clearance from Washington D.C.

Yesterday, another lady told me they just logged the case in the computer and assigned the GUZ case number...Does this mean they sent the case for security/name check yesterday? So quick? they already got the hit back today? BTW, my wife's name is not that common in China...

Thanks again!

NVC received my approved K3 petition on 11/23/05 and assigned the GUZ number yesterday (11/28/05). I called them this afternoon, a lady told me they are waiting for clearance from Washington D.C....some sort of administrative processing?

I am a little confused. I thought the security/name check is done by FBI or other law enforcement agencies. Why do they wait for clearance from Washington D.C.?

Usally how long will it take for this clearance?

Does anyone have the similar experience when calling NVC?

Any feedback is greatly appreciated!  :P

172571[/snapback]

When the NVC says "administrative processing (or review)" that means it has been sent to security agencies in Washington DC. NVC is in New Hampshire. Until the name checks are completed you will ONLY be told that it is still awaiting administrative processing. It won't help to ask who has it or where a holdup is, they are very VERY tight lipped on everything. NVC will hold the paper file until they get the name checks back and then forward to the consulate.

Many go through NVC in a couple weeks. Some cases like mine have been at NVC (actually at the agencies in Washington) for OVER one year now. I don't mean to scare you but all you can do is wait at this time. You probably don't have anything to worry about at this point, just don't expect to get any information no matter how much you call them or who you talk to.

I have a couple threads on my long wait but that isn't the normal.

Good Luck with NVC and please don't worry for now.

Yours,

Larry :lol:

p.s. here is where my case is now (at NVC) if you are interested...

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=14222

Edited by LiandLarry (see edit history)

Sally:

I called on a regular basis for 9 months...while friends breezed through in weeks. I finally wrote a letter to Asst. Secretary of State; Maura Harty who did track down that my K-1 had returned from Washington D.C. and was on it's way to GuangZhou.

Laryy is correct; you will not pierce the NVC veil of secrecy. I do not think that the operators know anymore than what they tell you.

A chair? some cheetos? nai xin, nai xin. (patience)

Phil

Thank you very much, Larry!

Hope and pray it's just regular security/name check!  Am I too impatient? B)

172580[/snapback]

Who is not impatient about this process ! My SO's name is not common either, and the file was sent from NSC to NVC around Sept 9, then completed to be forwarded to GZ on Sept 23. I think that is a reasonable time period. We were actually quite pleased at how quickly it was sent.

Edited by ameriken (see edit history)
I called NVC yesterday and get my GUZ #, but I forgot to ask them when did they receive. BTW, what's the use of GUZ #? Is there a way to check the status online or I have to talk the operator to find out.

172692[/snapback]

You can tell what day they issued the GUZ# by the number itself.

first 4 numbers are the year.

the next 3 numbers are the "julian" date (1-365) with 500 added.

the last numbers are the number for that day that yours was issued.

That is the number your case will be identified at the NVC and Guangzhou City Consulate.

There is NO WAY I know of to check it online. The only thing they will tell you is if it is sent to GUZ or if it is under "administrative review" (namecheck). No use trying to get anymore information than that. Operator doesn't know anything else and nobody will release any information anyway..........so they know nothing until it comes back from DC.

Hope this helps.

Larry :P

Edited by LiandLarry (see edit history)
I called NVC yesterday and get my GUZ #, but I forgot to ask them when did they receive. BTW, what's the use of GUZ #? Is there a way to check the status online or I have to talk the operator to find out.

172692[/snapback]

You can tell what day they issued the GUZ# by the number itself.

first 4 numbers are the year.

the next 3 numbers are the "julian" date (1-365) with 500 added.

the last numbers are the number for that day that yours was issued.

That is the number your case will be identified at at NVC and Guangzhou City Consulate.

There is NO WAY I know of to check it online. The only thing they will tell you is if it is sent to GUZ or if it is under "administrative review" (namecheck). No use trying to get anymore information than that. Operator doesn't know anything else and nobody will release any information anyway..........so they know nothing until it comes back from DC.

Hope this helps.

Larry :rolleyes:

172698[/snapback]

OK, I think my case was assigned at Nov. 28. The last numbers could be how many cases had been issued before mine by NVC, not necessary to GUZ only. Otherwise there will be close to 100 cases to GUZ alone in one day. Unthinkable.

I found some information about the administrative processing at NVC:

What is administrative processing and how long does it take?

Administrative processing usually refers to a legally mandated security check the Department of State must do for all applicants/beneficiaries over the age of 16. It is a normal process that is done automatically and, if it was performed more than a year ago, may need to be updated. The process normally takes four to six weeks but can be much longer. Please be patient.

http://bogota.usembassy.gov/wwwsc152.shtml#24