Number of visits versus being at interview

I'm not sure if there is any relationship between the two but I have been to China six times in one years.  I just returned from my 7th trips.

172236[/snapback]

Seven (7) times in one year.......

Holy Moly!

172243[/snapback]

Well, I think it is the only way of really getting to know my SO. I want to make sure that we are truely right for each other and what can I say, she insisted on seeing me all the time. I've used up all my vacation time that I saved up in the 3 years prior to meeting her. We really learn a lot from each other. This last trip has a little bit of everything and we both believe that we do truely love each other now.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ShaQuaNew
I would say that you should visit your SO at least twice prior to interview.  If you have more time, save it for the interview.

172274[/snapback]

I agree that a single visit will likely draw the VOs attention to look at the petition more closely. I've now visited my SO twice and will most likely have at least one more visit. Course, at the pace I'm going I will either become a Chinese resident or lose my job from excessive vacationing.

:D :D :)

How many international trips have you made by yourself, all alone? How nervous were you on your first one? How much international traveling has your SO done?

During my recent trip, we went to the Guz together to take care of some business. After we came out of the building, she turned to me and said, Kenny, you don't need to come for the interview. I can do this.

All of the afore mentioned questions came to mind. Besides, I want to experience the trip home with her :doctor: Just put yourselves in her shoes for a minute, then decide about wether you should be there for the interview. If possible, the second trip before interview is highly recommened. We learned a lot more about each other, and became much closer.

I'm not going for X number of visits, but I went when we got married in Sept (obviously - lol), I'll go for her birthday in March, and I will go for our anniversary if she isn't here yet. I'll also go for the interview so we can say goodbye to her family together and leave together for the USA (thinking positively/quick response to any denial reasons). So in total I will visit 3-4 times (ideally 3!!).

I'd go more often, but I can't take any more vacation than that. We talk everyday, so I think we know each other pretty well. My first visit to China was pretty hectic, arranging for paperwork, meeting family, the wedding celebration, etc. When I go in March, we'll be more relaxed and it will be more vacationlike. I've seen her stressed out, tired, and such. I guess I disagree about not being together physically being a setback to the relationship. I think its just different. I know we'll have alot to get used to, but it isnt any different than when you decide to move in with your wife or girlfriend, is it? We just get the bonus of sharing mutual cultural enlightenment :doctor:

Hello,

My SO wants me to come to China as soon as I can since she believes (from reading many posts here) that the number of visits is a prime deciding factor during the interview.  I used all my vacation time plus I borrowed 2 days to visit her in October.  Will it be better if I visit again at Spring Break / Easter or during her interview?  Either way that will be my second visit.  My big worry is that if I go for Easter then I CANNOT go for the interview or an emergency overcome attendance.

Please give me some advice!

-James

172047[/snapback]

I think that both are irrelivant.

Hello,

My SO wants me to come to China as soon as I can since she believes (from reading many posts here) that the number of visits is a prime deciding factor during the interview.  I used all my vacation time plus I borrowed 2 days to visit her in October.  Will it be better if I visit again at Spring Break / Easter or during her interview?  Either way that will be my second visit.  My big worry is that if I go for Easter then I CANNOT go for the interview or an emergency overcome attendance.

Please give me some advice!

-James

172047[/snapback]

I think that both are irrelivant.

172310[/snapback]

I duhhno,

Why does it seem almost universal that the VO asks "How many times did he/she visit you?". Often with a follow up question "For how long?".

172360[/snapback]

I'd argue that it is probably the single most important question asked by the VO... why ?

the first few are just setting the stage (ask for passport and who applied for you)...

I'm of the opinion that 'how many visits' is the pivotal point of the interview...

Past interviews show denials linked to too few visits... and ultimately, a bona-fide relationship (particularly of long duration) is showing the most effort by going to china on trips... if this was a two-way fraud case, the USC would not want to spend the money he is paid for a scam relationship...

I don't want to make this out as the litmus test... but I think that at least two visits is probably expected by a VO and a correct answer...

All I can do is give our experience. I only visited Jen once but was there for the interview. As nervous as she was before hand, having me there was the right call for us. Sure they may ask about it but if the question does't shake your SO, it should go OK. If you have to make the choice, I'd say go for the interview but listen to your SO. Many that went before us did so alone and without problems.

Why does it seem almost universal that the VO asks "How many times did he/she visit you?". Often with a follow up question "For how long?".

I'd argue that it is probably the single most important question asked by the VO... why ?

the first few are just setting the stage (ask for passport and who applied for you)...

I'm of the opinion that 'how many visits' is the pivotal point of the interview...

Past interviews show denials linked to too few visits... and ultimately, a bona-fide relationship (particularly of long duration) is showing the most effort by going to china on trips... if this was a two-way fraud case, the USC would not want to spend the money he is paid for a scam relationship...

I don't want to make this out as the litmus test...  but I think that at least two visits is probably expected by a VO and a correct answer...

Perhaps David. My wife's interview questions never got beyond "do you speak English?"

Edited by warpedbored (see edit history)

I don't want to make this out as the litmus test...  but I think that at least two visits is probably expected by a VO and a correct answer...

Perhaps David. My wife's interview questions never got beyond "do you speak English?"

172382[/snapback]

that's a good point.. and at least in my mind, I have a theory...

I will say that based on my research of the interviews over the last year plus, that a definite shift occurred...

I would say that your wife's interview fell under the 'old' issues prevalent at the time, which were clearly more 'english speaking' issues and requests for videos abounded; so much that everyone was talking of bringing a video to the interview.

I think the 'current' trend is now different... I think we're beyond the 'black pearl' stage ( to borrow a term I really don't like, but I think this represented the previous stage)...

This older stage seemed to me to tough, and, at times, disrespectful towards the SO... but I don't quite see that now..

I have to believe that this shift occurred due to changing VOs, maybe a mgmt spot or directive, or who knows what...

172382[/snapback]

that's a good point.. and at least in my mind, I have a theory...

I will say that based on my research of the interviews over the last year plus, that a definite shift occurred...

I would say that your wife's interview fell under the 'old' issues prevalent at the time, which were clearly more 'english speaking' issues and requests for videos abounded; so much that everyone was talking of bringing a video to the interview.

I think the 'current' trend is now different... I think we're beyond the 'black pearl' stage ( to borrow a term I really don't like, but I think this represented the previous stage)...

This older stage seemed to me to tough, and, at times, disrespectful towards the SO... but I don't quite see that now..

I have to believe that this shift occurred due to changing VOs, maybe a mgmt spot or directive, or who knows what...

172388[/snapback]

Like Carl, i've been around awhile. i'll be darned if i can see this new 'kinder and gentler' stage your talking about. Just today someone posted about a VO who refused to see evidence. Almost weekly we see someone talk about rude VOs. So maybe nothing has changed except a 'kinder and gentler' perception of whats happening. Perhaps those who see the new VOs as the good guys are just more passive than we old timers who saw them as not so 'kind and gentle' It also seems that since GUZ has been monitoring this site many are crawfishing on past statements about the VO's.

Paranoia rules!!

I didn't say it was kinder and gentler.. just different... and less overtly disrespectful towards SOs.

I don't consider the amount of evidence they review as a 'disrespect' issue or not.. I see the same accusations (and let's remember that it's hard to be objective in our reporting of our SO being denied) of the VOs refusing to see any more evidence, etc.. that's just the same old story... so I see that as more a consistent trait (ie: training issue).

I don't know anything about crawfishing... but if one drops a bait into any water, seems they will get a bite from what they expect anyway...

The rules say only 1 time is manditory. If K1's from VSC are getting visa's in only 9 months, how many times would you expect an person to visit their wife/fiancee, especially from the Eastern US. 12 hours time difference. Can't have much more of a "long distance relationship" than that. In my wifes interview they asked if lao Po had ever talked with my mom. answer: yes, on web cam too. and he also asked to see our pics. Never questioned how many times I visited or if I was there for her interview. Imagine the VO thinking that you are a fraud because you only vistied 1 time or weren't present for her interview. What kind of supporting evidence could you submit to change the past, related to either question? I think, none. That's why I say irrelivent.

Paranoia rules!! - Paranoia will destroy ya... Rock on http://photobucket.com/albums/y107/BuffaloBillsRock/th_headbang.gif

Who said "Lao Poo"? too funny... http://photobucket.com/albums/y107/BuffaloBillsRock/th_biglaugha.gif