Reply from Maura Harty

No problem. I have asked a member of my staff to look into it and respond to you directly. MH

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Friday, November 25, 2005 10:36 AM

To: hartyma@state.gov

Cc: Larry

Subject: Delay with K-1 visa (GUZxxxxxxxxxx)

Dear Maura Harty,

I am having difficulty with the K-1 Visa for my fiancee. Here is my timeline for the case:

14 April, 2004 - Applied for fiancee visa for Li Hua who lives in mainland China.

19 November, 2004 - Notice of approval (NOA) 1 from California Service Center, case sent to National Visa Center (NVC).

1 December, 2004 - Received NOA2 tracking number GUZxxxxxxxxxx from NVC

My fiancee and I have sent over 30 email inquiries to NVC over the past year only to receive their standard form letter answer about

911 and security. For the past month I have called NVC once or twice a day and the case is still stuck at the security check agencies

in Washington D.C.. On November 4th I was finally able to speak to a supervisor (Leyla) at the NVC and she sent an email inquiry

to the security checking agencies (nobody can tell me who they are due to security). As of today Leyla's inquiry has not had any reply.

I only want to bring my fiancee here to the U.S.A. so we can be together and raise our family. The security checking agencies have

been holding me hostage for over one year and nobody can pay us that time back. It should have either been approved or dissaproved

long before now and to just sit on this case is cruel and unusual punishment.

What I would like from you is to get the case past NVC and on its way to "GUZ" the consulate at Guangdong in China with "priority"

status. Everyone I have heard from on a Visa website for Chinese fiancees have passed us by 9 months. If the case just

goes to GUZ it will take another 4 -5 months at least. I need priority over all others who are having interviews at this point. Our

file date was 14 April 2004. If we keep on the regular track at this rate it could be over two years for a fiancee visa which is the longest

by far that I have heard of. The fastest was 7 months. Average is 10 -12 months from start to finish.

My fiance and I can't get this lost time back and it is a lot of time being apart instead of being together.

Case information:

Case Number: GUZxxxxxxxxxx

Beneficiary's Name: HUA,LI

Preference Category: K1

Your Priority Date: 14Apr2004

Foreign State Chargeability: CHINA - MAINLAND

U.S. Embassy/Consulate: CONSULATE GENERAL OF THE UNITED STATES, VISA UNIT

1 SHAMIAN STREET SOUTH

GUANGZHOU 510133

PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC OF CHINA

Yours,

Larry XXXXXXX

Edited by LiandLarry (see edit history)

That is even worst than the "black hole". At least then the paper work was already in GZ. A that time, the FBI had lost the names to check and no one in the govt cared until we found the one good burocrat in the whole govt who straightened it out. I bet you get results from your mail as she would have to agree that something is wrong.

Guest ShaQuaNew

Excellent. You're letter quickly illustrates the point without being verbose. I believe keeping these careful records will not only lead to your win, but help to call to task those that responsible for this attrocity. It seems the US government believes that it is doing a great job because it can show numbers that mimic improvement every year. Unfortunately, the reports that Washington and Congress see carefully paint out the pain and anguish that are inflicted by what they think are minor oversights. This crap turns my stomach! Do your job USA, do your job.

Edited by ShaQuaNew (see edit history)

I am Li. It is very nice that Larry got a reply from Maura Harty. Hope the case can get out of black hole very soon. This morning, about 8:45am, I felt my bed shaking, also my condo. It was a 5.5 earthquake in my city (Jiujiang). It was my first time to feel earthquake, so scary. :candle: :candle: God bless us!

Li

This morning, about 8:45am, I felt my bed shaking, also my condo. It was a 5.5 earthquake in my city (Jiujiang). It was my first time to feel earthquake, so scary.

I looked for some news about it shortly after you posted this but there was none to be found. All I found of news from China was the fiasco in Harbin. It probably was too early yet for news about the earthquake to hit the wire.

This morning however, the news is out. Fourteen fatalities so far.

No problem. I have asked a member of my staff to look into it and respond to you directly. MH

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Friday, November 25, 2005 10:36 AM

To: hartyma@state.gov

Cc: Larry

Subject: Delay with K-1 visa (GUZxxxxxxxxxx)

Dear Maura Harty,

I am having difficulty with the K-1 Visa for my fiancee.  Here is my timeline for the case:

14 April, 2004 - Applied for fiancee visa for Li Hua who lives in mainland China.

19 November, 2004 - Notice of approval (NOA) 1 from California Service Center, case sent to National Visa Center (NVC).

1 December, 2004 - Received NOA2 tracking number GUZxxxxxxxxxx from NVC

My fiancee and I have sent over 30 email inquiries to NVC over the past year only to receive their standard form letter answer about

911 and security.  For the past month I have called NVC once or twice a day and the case is still stuck at the security check agencies

in Washington D.C..  On November 4th I was finally able to speak to a supervisor (Leyla) at the NVC and she sent an email inquiry

to the security checking agencies (nobody can tell me who they are due to security).  As of today Leyla's inquiry has not had any reply.

I only want to bring my fiancee here to the U.S.A. so we can be together and raise our family.  The security checking agencies have

been holding me hostage for over one year and nobody can pay us that time back.  It should have either been approved or dissaproved

long before now and to just sit on this case is cruel and unusual punishment.

What I would like from you is to get the case past NVC and on its way to "GUZ" the consulate at Guangdong in China with "priority"

status.  Everyone I have heard from on a Visa website for Chinese fiancees have passed us by 9 months.  If the case just

goes to GUZ it will take another 4 -5 months at least.  I need priority over all others who are having interviews at this point.  Our

file date was 14 April 2004.  If we keep on the regular track at this rate it could be over two years for a fiancee visa which is the longest

by far that I have heard of.  The fastest was 7 months.  Average is 10 -12 months from start to finish.

My fiance and I can't get this lost time back and it is a lot of time being apart instead of being together.

Case information:

Case Number:                      GUZxxxxxxxxxx

Beneficiary's Name:              HUA,LI                                 

Preference Category:          K1

Your Priority Date:                14Apr2004

Foreign State Chargeability:  CHINA - MAINLAND

U.S. Embassy/Consulate:  CONSULATE GENERAL OF THE UNITED STATES, VISA UNIT

1 SHAMIAN STREET SOUTH

GUANGZHOU 510133

PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC OF CHINA

Yours,

Larry XXXXXXX

171688[/snapback]

WoW

a whole 19 word response

Gee Wiz !!!what a reply

So who on her staff will look into it and when will they contact you again

You have my heart felt sympathy on this - But I wish that ms MH was a little MORE POSITIVE in her letter to YOU

YOU DESERVE A WHOLE LOT MORE

nortrevorich, Li and I agree with YOU. It seems as if a little more detail would have been helpful. I was just happy that the day after Thanksgiving she answered my email in less than 1.5 hours. Anything for us is positive if the case is being solved. I would like to know who is working on it too. My hope is that in her level she has many good helpers.

Thanks for your feelings.

Larry

nortrevorich, Li and I agree with YOU.  It seems as if a little more detail would have been helpful.  I was just happy that the day after Thanksgiving she answered my email in less than 1.5 hours.  Anything for us is positive if the case is being solved.  I would like to know who is working on it too.  My hope is that in her level she has many good helpers.

Thanks for your feelings.

Larry

171888[/snapback]

If she answered your email in less than an a hour and a half , then I think That in itself is a good sign .

I makes me think that she is a responsible person and that maybe some of her people will jump right on the problem.

My concern for you and other people who are stuck in this security system is that you seem to get lost .

Just why this happens needs to be sorted out .

If there is Something wrong with your SO 's records they need to tell you instead of being so damn mysterious .

I really doubt that the SO is a subversive agent - hell they generally have let those folks in even after 911 .

Now really what do they think,That some little Chinese Lady is going to do to National Security - its a real crock of Shit they are stirring here.

Meanwhile you are stuck in the Equalent of infinity

welcome to the NVC version of Hell

I"ve got my visa and in 7 months - and I do appreciate that the system is speeding up

BUT i

Should be like 2 weeks -as it was for a friend of mine who married a woman in BUddapest-and she was a former communist party member

I probably said to much

171688[/snapback]

Hi Jessie,

I haven't heard anything since Friday morning when I got her reply. I figured it would take a few days for her assistant to get to the bottom of things. Li thought It could be fixed in a day and I should have called Maura Harty yesterday, I didn't. If I had the name of the person looking into it I might call soon.

I called NVC as usual yesterday and it is still there (actually out for namecheck). I asked if there had any other inquiries on my case because I know they keep a log. There had not been. I hope it is being worked on from the top down instead of NVC up.

I only have the number for Ms. Harty and not of any assistant and I didn't want to stir up bad feelings after just a day or two.

Your thoughts???

Larry B)

p.s. I am checking my bulk email every hour or so because that is where the reply will come in.

Guest ShaQuaNew

I think using any and all resources available to us is just good time managment. I see no problem with calling them often to request updates. I think there is far more benefit to be had by actively following up with people in a kind and curteous manner. This helps keep you in the forefront of their minds. Some might argue that calling may be perceived as bothersome. I disagree. Ask for the name of the person that answers the telephone. Log the time of the call. If they transfer you note the time, and the length of time you waited on hold. If you are forwarded to voicemail note the message you left.