Chinese travel agencies

Being an eternal optimist , I started looking for a one way ticket to Jacksonville Florida for the SO -BUT using my normal sources isn't working because the flight would originate at the GUZ . So far buying through Northwest Airline is the cheapest .

does anybody know of other sites?

thanks

169276[/snapback]

For comparison, check a flight to Beijing, with a separate flight from B eijing to Florida. The intra-China flights are much cheaper when purchased in China, and there is much more variety in the flights from Beijing.

Guest ShaQuaNew
Being an eternal optimist , I started looking for a one way ticket to Jacksonville Florida for the SO -BUT using my normal sources isn't working because the flight would originate at the GUZ . So far buying through Northwest Airline is the cheapest .

does anybody know of other sites?

thanks

169276[/snapback]

Jacksonville you say? Hmmm, not sure where Metter, GA is located, but if you are considering driving to Jax then you might also consider driving to Orlando, which is about two hours south of Jax. You should find more flight options out of and into Orlando as compared to Jax.... :P

Would it be possible for her to buy it, in China? My wife just bought her ticket from Chengdu, to Shanghai, to LAX, to Atlanta for around $700. The cheapest I have been able to find that same flight on the internet (expedia, travelocity) is $818, and that didn't include the Chengdu to Shanghai leg (that's about $150). So, all in all, her buying it in China was about $270 cheaper.

Shanghai is cheap to fly from.

Might want to have your SO do some

leg work from her side also. Of course

when it comes to air travel the "Chinese

Way" is to do things at the last minute.

But when it is "crunch time" and you are

ready to bring her home, the ticket price

will become less important.

Good Luck

I had my SO buy her one way tickets in China. We saved about $300 US. This includes a night at the HK airport hotel because she wanted the non-stop which only takes off early morning. Only major cities can sell airline tickets out of China (GUZ, Beijing, etc.). The other cities won't be able to bring up any info on international flights. My SO had her travel agent contact a GUZ travel agent to book the flight from GUZ to HK and HK to the US. She paid her travel agent and didn't have to deal with the GUZ travel agency. GUZ agency mailed her agent the tickets (took one day regular mail). The rest of domentic flights her agent handled. This would have cost me over $900 US and not include the hotel stay which I priced at $293 US per night. The cost I stated above is for a one person and one way.

I did a little searching. Looks like your fighting Thanksgiving. What is the date to leave?

Even Contenintal was high. 864 one way and 854 round trip and that is from Beijing.

I agree getting things bought internally is the best way to go. I have people arange that when I get there.

Edited by SheLikesME (see edit history)