Hong Kong Travel

Guest blsqueaky

Agree with Tony here, Ling is doing the same thing, and her best freind flew here late last year, also out of HK, just a nice bus or train ride from GZ, and a heck of a lot cheaper plane ticket. I buy one way, $1,100, she buy there, about $550

Travel question:

Once the fiance/spouse is issued a visa, can the chinese fiance / spouse travel to HK for the flight back to the US.  Do they need to file in China for any special permits to go to HK.

Any help appreciated,

Dean

When Jingwen exited the mainland, the K-1 visa was sufficient, but, upon entry into Hong Kong, she had to show her plane ticket as well. Don't know if this is the norm or not, but I've been told that the plane ticket must show a departure within seven days of entry into Hong Kong.

I've heard that it's a good idea for your fiance(e)/spouse to have a plane ticket or itinerary in their possession when entering HK.  May not be needed but also not a bad idea.

I think the ticket is required showing a departure from HK in order to get there without a HK visa.

That's actually what I meant even if I didn't adequately phrase it...

Blah. It's been a busy month! :rolleyes:

I think the ticket is required showing a departure from HK in order to get there without a HK visa.

That's actually what I meant even if I didn't adequately phrase it...

Blah. It's been a busy month! :D

That's correct. You MUST have an ongoing ticket when entering HK or you are asking for troubles.

Yuhui just showed her ticket to Australia to get in HK... And the ticket to the US the second time around

I've heard that it's a good idea for your fiance(e)/spouse to have a plane ticket or itinerary in their possession when entering HK.  May not be needed but also not a bad idea.

When talking about a "ticket', anybody know if a paper ticket is required, or will an E-ticket intinerary/comfirmation be sufficient?

The reason I ask is almost all tickets are electronic, unless you pay extra.