Going Through Hong Kong

I know that this subject has been kicked around quite a bit but I still don't know if there's an actual fact on this. Some say you need a visa and others say you don't.

I plan to have my SO go to Hong Kong to get on a flight to the U.S. She would have to arrive to HK the day before because the connecting flight on the same day is not at least 90 minutes apart. It's 70 minutes instead. If she stays at the Regal Airport Hotel overnight in HK to catch the morning flight will she need to apply for the Hong Kong Visa? I'm not even sure if she has to step out of the airport area to reach the hotel. By the way it's damn expensive. One night in a standard room is $290 US give or take a few cents.

She won't need a Hong Kong visa as long as she has a USA visa in her passport and an airline ticket to the USA.

Depending on the time of her flight I would stay in a Hong Kong or even Shenzhen hotel, $290 is ridiculous.

We left Beijing a week ago and the China Customs officer doubted my wifes USA visa and asked that she write down her USA address. Good thing to know just in case.

I know that this subject has been kicked around quite a bit but I still don't know if there's an actual fact on this. Some say you need a visa and others say you don't.

I'd say it has been beaten to death with actual facts, rather than kicked around.

No visa is needed, all she needs is proof of a ticket exiting HKG in 7 days.

This should be in the Links & Resources by now, I would think.

You have no worries. My wife has gone from Shezhen-HKG-USA 3 times. All you need is a ticket.

See what rate you can get at the Metropole.

They have an airport shuttle also.

It's about 4 - blocks from the Mong Kok MTR.

The night market is there also so she can do

some shopping to pass the time.

You don't have to stay at the airport hotel as

transportation is easy via the MTR.