Starting it all again

Well we have started the paperwork all over again. This time for my wife's son. She got all the custody papers, just before her visa interview. Today we sent them in to the VSC.

By the way. My wife and daughter have been in the states for 2 months, as of yesterday. The learning experience, for all three of us, has been great. 3 weeks ago, they learned what heat is, and that our apartment has it. 2 weeks ago they were telling me that 55F was cold. This week, well 55 isn't that cold anymore. My wife wants me to teach her to drive. And I think there is more Chinese stuff on my computer now, than English stuff. By the way, I love it all.

What a nice post - it makes me all that more anxious for my wife to get here. She is expected to arrive Nov 29. I really enjoy these "life stories".....everybody keep em coming!

Scott

"By the way. My wife and daughter have been in the states for 2 months, as of yesterday. The learning experience, for all three of us, has been great. 3 weeks ago, they learned what heat is, and that our apartment has it. 2 weeks ago they were telling me that 55F was cold. This week, well 55 isn't that cold anymore. My wife wants me to teach her to drive. And I think there is more Chinese stuff on my computer now, than English stuff. By the way, I love it all. "

Edited by m-coon (see edit history)
Well we have started the paperwork all over again.  This time for my wife's son.  She got all the custody papers, just before her visa interview.  Today we sent them in to the VSC

By the way.  My wife and daughter have been in the states for 2 months, as of yesterday.  The learning experience, for all three of us, has been great.  3 weeks ago, they learned what heat is, and that our apartment has it.  2 weeks ago they were telling me that 55F was cold.  This week, well 55 isn't that cold anymore.  My wife wants me to teach her to drive.  And I think there is more Chinese stuff on my computer now, than English stuff.  By the way, I love it all.

168770[/snapback]

Have you taken them to Sleepy Hole Park yet?........ :rolleyes:

All of us who have lived in other countries can relate to the surprise and confusion of having heat.

It'll be fun when Zhenshu gets here, hopefully by mid-December. She's pretty much from Shenzhen so she is not that pleased with cold weather. What will she do when she discovers we have free gas? (A fairly common thing in this part of West Virginia. We have several natural gas wells on our property so we get it for nothing).

I see the thermostat cranked up to 90 and the windows open all winter long.