To all you cock-eyed optimists

There I was, fretting and sweating (I'm not a Cheeto kind-of-guy) because the Dept. of State said our interview wouldn't be scheduled for approximately nine months after filing the DS-230. Boy was I disappointed and discouraged.

But many here on this forum simply wrote "don't worry -- you'll have your interview letter by November."

So it was. We got the letter today and the interview is set for December 7 (Pearl Harbor Day!). Joy to the world!

Now, if things there just go as they should (Zhenshu is very bright and usually has people in the palm of her hand) she should be here enjoying the beautiful mountains by that weekend.

What can I say? Thanks to you all for helping me to think positively.

Wow!! Congratulations to you and Jin! I believe it will be a wonderful holiday in your home this season. I do have one question....how did you manage all tha time with out eating cheetos? :D I have developed many different recipes for them...haha. Again, Congratulations!!!! Edited by chef4u (see edit history)
There I was, fretting and sweating (I'm not a Cheeto kind-of-guy) because the Dept. of State said our interview wouldn't be scheduled for approximately nine months after filing the DS-230.  Boy was I disappointed and discouraged.

But many here on this forum simply wrote "don't worry -- you'll have your interview letter by November."

So it was.  We got the letter today and the interview is set for December 7 (Pearl Harbor Day!).  Joy to the world!

Now, if things there just go as they should (Zhenshu is very bright and usually has people in the palm of her hand) she should be here enjoying the beautiful mountains by that weekend.

What can I say?  Thanks to you all for helping me to think positively.

168662[/snapback]

Why is your CR1 move so fast or is it K3? ....mmmm...My CR1 is 1 month behind yours to NVC. CR1 is stilll at gateway in GZ since 10/11.... I'm guessing Feb2006 interview for CR1....

anyway, CONGRATULATION..........

Glad to hear your good news!

Also glad we were here to give you the much more realistic estimate of your expected wait.

It's close to inconceivable to me that our govt would tell you 9 months when it was closer to 2, but nothing they do suprizes me anymore.

It is also kinda sad that the general public is often more well informed about a topic then the people hired to perform that function.

Or maybe our govt just hires minimum wage people to answer the phones and give you generic replies!

Wait, I'm on a roll - They just farm out the phone help lines to people in India and pay them $2 a day in an effort to control the budget deficit!! That would be my guess . . . . . . :blink: