pls give thoughts on P3 awaits!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

susieq...et. al:

be patient. you are not out of the expected timelines. If you feel you are in a dark zone; look at my timeline...9 months at NVC with no information whatsoever. Just knowing that I am out of that trench is a victory. Knowing that I am somewhere in the DHL big house of customs and directed towards the omnipotent GUZ feels like a victory.

I am certain that there still remain 50 ways to screw the pooch is unsettling; but I will jump one stump at a time and focus on my sweetheart who is patiently waiting..

Phil

I know we need patience waiting, but I am just not comfortable, having heard so many stories about lost/forgotten files, and mailings to the wrong place.

168322[/snapback]

i cant agree with you more on that!

also,i called DOS a couple of weeks ago,they told me that they couldnt provide any information regarding to my P3 until the GZ consulate got our cases numbers on hand and have them entered into the system.

Otherwise,calling them seems to be pretty useless too..

168324[/snapback]

susieq, I promised to let you know about P3. Today I called that DOS and they said the consulate mailed it yesterday,. The Visa Center told my SO they had no information and that we had to wait 2 to 4 months for it. She will call the Visa Center again to see if they really have accurate, up to date information.

BUT: P3 is on the way ! ! ! ! and, DOS told me they had the new address entered into the system.

P3 is on the way ! ! !

Edited by ameriken (see edit history)
Glad to hear it, Ken! Congratulations!!

169076[/snapback]

Thanks Randy! A odd little store about it......everyday when we talk, we trying and figure out when we might get P3. We look at the DHL site, look at CFL and ask questions, vent frustrations, call the GUZ call center, etc. Just yesterday, she said, perhaps we should forget about P3......and then it will come. So, we agreed we wont worry about it until Dec or maybe Jan. I told her that today I will just make one phone call to a DOS phone # someone posted on the site. I made the call and they said the package was sent yesterday.

Funny how that works.

I know we need patience waiting, but I am just not comfortable, having heard so many stories about lost/forgotten files, and mailings to the wrong place.

168322[/snapback]

i cant agree with you more on that!

also,i called DOS a couple of weeks ago,they told me that they couldnt provide any information regarding to my P3 until the GZ consulate got our cases numbers on hand and have them entered into the system.

Otherwise,calling them seems to be pretty useless too..

168324[/snapback]

susieq, I promised to let you know about P3. Today I called that DOS and they said the consulate mailed it yesterday,. The Visa Center told my SO they had no information and that we had to wait 2 to 4 months for it. She will call the Visa Center again to see if they really have accurate, up to date information.

BUT: P3 is on the way ! ! ! ! and, DOS told me they had the new address entered into the system.

P3 is on the way ! ! !

169062[/snapback]

Ken,I'm so happy for you guys! i am going to give DOS a spanky call tonight and see what they'll say for my case!!! I hope my case could be there at the time i call too!

Get ready to grab the p3 forms and go rock!!!!!!:D

Edited by susieq (see edit history)
just wait for another week. I think your P3 is already on the way or will be very soon.

168361[/snapback]

We appreciated your post and it gave us encouragement. And how right you were........P3 is on its way !

169083[/snapback]

well, more specifically, ems postman will knock at your SO's door as early as this Friday or as late as next Monday.

just wait for another week. I think your P3 is already on the way or will be very soon.

168361[/snapback]

We appreciated your post and it gave us encouragement. And how right you were........P3 is on its way !

169083[/snapback]

well, more specifically, ems postman will knock at your SO's door as early as this Friday or as late as next Monday.

169175[/snapback]

Thanks to everyone here for the help and encouragement.

I would like to post something here and maybe in a couple of other threads that I have learned about the Visa Call Center. I hope it helps save someone some time and money.

For about a month we have been calling the pay service Visa Call center (which is connected to GZ) about our P3. Everytime we call, they have no information, and every single time they give us the canned response "wait 60 to 120 days". We would call twice each week.

Yesterday, my SO called them again. My SO asked....."is the information on your computer as up-to-date as the GZ computer?" The response..."Yes, as soon as GZ puts it in their computer, we have the information in our computer".

Ok. That's that. The Visa call center has the current information that GZ has. (so we think!)

Today, after reading some advice here on CFL, I called DOS at 202 663 1225 Options 1-1-0. He tells us the package (p3) was sent yesterday (Tuesday in GZ). He was very friendly, professional, and helpful and I can tell by what he was saying that he had the most current information. So......we are getting P3 soon !

:cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :blink:

But, here is the kicker: just a little while ago.......(Weds in China), my SO calls the Visa Call center (curious to see if they have the same info) and speaks to another operator. She tells my SO: "still no information in computer."

My SO says "DOS has GZ info that say we are getting P3". This time, the operator says "GZ updates our computer EVERY MONDAY". My SO says, "We were told by one of your co-workers that your computer is current current with the GZ computer. If it is every monday, why doesnt anyone tell us this, so we can avoid calling on Tuesday and Friday?"

The operator said "Call us in 60 to 120 days about your P3".

Cheez. Can you believe this?

My suggestion? Until this visa call center can figure out what is what, call DOS. :blink:

What is the # for DOS???    Do they work past 5PM eastern time?

169200[/snapback]

No, I think it is 830 to 5 Eastern. I just posted the # and the options on this thread. Good luck !

169206[/snapback]

I was told the State Department Visa Office (202) 663-1225 had hours

of 9am to 5pm EST.

I wonder why they would have updated info about GUZ that the new call center at GUZ isn't even able to give...........

Very Strange.

Larry

It's been over one month and a half since my case was forwarded to GZ on 9/26. And from DHL website,i found out that the package got delieverd to the Consulate on 11/7. Now it's 11/13. I start getting more worried about not having any news on P3. I am not sure if i'm still in the safe 'timezone'..I've tried to convince myself not to worry about it too much by this period as normally i should be expected to wait for another 10-15 days after 11/7, before they inputting the cases into the computer system and EMSing the P3 off to me.

However,my real concern would be whether or not I could wait for any more longer than that?!?! one more month await from now on,or two or three?????

I am really sick of the waiting.Now the case is just disconnected from NVC,being forwarded to GZ, while in GZ only god knows if the visa guys have already recieved my case physically. I cant find any peace of security at this point upon this kind of situation,it's like i got lost and found myself in the middle of nowhere..:greenblob: 

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.....arghhhhhhhhhhhhhh.......I need find a way out!!!!

168186[/snapback]

susieg,

I'm a K3 visa processor. The time in GUZ vary from case to case. I know that my SO had her 129F sent to GUZ from the infamous "Customs warehouse" (aka, blackhole) to Embassy after a wait time period of 4 weeks. GUZ got it and began processing it. 2.5 weeks later, SO received her P-3. Have hope my friend. It appears to me that it is luck of the draw.

I will tell you one other thing that I have noticed. MY SOs K3 129 is going through so fast, that the computers weren't keeping up with it. It is very frustrating when I look online and there is nothing there. SO calls GUZ and they were very helpful and told her what was going ond where it was. I eventually stopped checking on-line. You might have your SO call from China. They seem to respond better, to a soft femine touch, than a masculiine "frustrated" touch. However, this last statement may just be a generalization on my part.

Remember that it is Christmas. I have had connections in Embassies before. Prior to the holidays, they begin to really buckle down and "clear their desks!" They are doing this due the fact that they will take their break, and a huge amount of paper hits them immediately after New Years Day holiday.

Stay patient my friend, have a beer. Just prepare when your SO does get the P3. She will probably be screaming at joy through the phone at you. Just relax, I'm sure your Christmas present will be here soon!