christmas

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Before we even met each other my SO and myself sent each other a Christmas gift to one another last year. I do not see any harm in it.

I know that she is improving on her English also. I may be in trouble she  asked me about the 12 days of Christmas yesterday. :lol:

167244[/snapback]

Hello,

Flowers are great anytime! Truly the universal language of love. I sent my SO roses when we first became friends, and she was just completely thrilled.

I use Annie Flowers. I am amazed that I can send a dozen roses half way around the world for less than around the block from my house.

http://china-flower.annie.com.cn/

-James

I have been sending flowers now and then.  But my SO told me it's too expensive. :blink:

167257[/snapback]

Hello,

As little as $15.99!

http://china-flower.annie.com.cn/list.asp?itemid=an-007

Free delivery too. I sent Moon Cakes also for the Moon Festival.

-James

I was in Nanning last Christmas. SO got presents; family got presents; friends got presents...all handed out Christmas eve at our engagement party.

No one complained. Everyone left full and happy and then Kareoked into the morning hours.

My vote: you can never go wrong sending your SO a gift...for any and every occasion. Try some flowers saying - just because "I love and miss you"...delivered for less than 20 bucks? come on.

Phil

Remember that the Chinese  women DO NOT LIKE chocolates - like American women.... don't waste your money on this. Flowers are the best choice! And jewelry is always very special.

167304[/snapback]

It all depends on the person. Some Chinese dislikes flowers too while other loves chocolates. When my wife was in China, I sent her some cash so that she can buy some lotions.

I gave Jun an ipod last Christmas. Best gift I ever gave anyone, she's used it daily ever since. Well, until today when it blew up... :P

Luckily it's still under warrenty, and HP is sending me a pre-paid fedex box to send it back in, and will send out a new one within 6 days.

I won't be in China for Christmas... Do I get gifts for the whole family, or just her? That or maybe save the big gift giving for Chinese New Years?

I must admit I was a pretty sad gift giver my first time out, even if well-intentioned. Her aunts and uncles save for one didn't come to the wedding ceremony because I didn't give enough of a dowry to my mother-in-law. Her immediate family was less disappointed because my SO 'paved the way' with gifts and things she said was from me, though she paid for them and never asked me for any money. They also took the time to get to know me, and despite not being a wealthy guy (I'm basically upper middle class in my region, maybe just average in the US), I had good intentions. I gave things from my samll town, like t-shirts and coffee (ok tea) mugs. I gave some locally made jewelry but it didnt look much different that the stuff she could buy from any street vendor.

So I want to do it right this next time!

I want to send things like nuts and fruit, as well, but I am not sure if that will work its way through customs. USPS lists all the restrictions for mailing to China, but doesn't mention any produce being restricted.

ANY help on this would be great. I saw in another thread making her an ally in the process, and I think I will probably have to do that, because I know her brother, brothers in law, and uncle will all want beer, bijiu, and cigarettes (none of which I am supposed to mail), so she'll have to get those things for me there. She would also have the great ideas, but her family is huge (youngest of six), and I don't know where the line gets drawn....

Thanks!