Airport Customs Wait Time?

Barring any snags, it shouldn't take any longer than it does to get through security. People have posted different times. Most were quick without any delays.

But I think my wife holds the record on being delayed at the POE. 6 hours!! She was K3 too. So the moral here is, "expect the unexpected." But it shouldn't be a problem at all.

...so do you think I should schedule the next flight at least 3 hours out?  Any websites that address this issue?

166497[/snapback]

Quick answer - yes, but if you'll tell us which Point of Entry, someone can help with specific information.

166498[/snapback]

I think probably Dallas....

166499[/snapback]

Three hours should be ample, I think. Most get through immigrations without any problems and there's always someone there that was on the flight that can help.

My wife's POE was Detroit...argh :shutup:

From the time our plane stopped at the terminal to the time we walked out of the terminal at LAX, it took us over an hour and a half. Customs was no problem but we had to wait for our luggage for 30 minutes. It was also a half hour wait to go through immigrations. The IO looked at every page of evidence in the sealed envelope! I would allow a 3 hour stop over at least! If 3 international planes land at the same time, it could easily be an hour or two to get through immigration.

Good luck!

Most of us get through POE in under an hour. It took my SO about 15 minutes but I think they made it fast for her so they wouldn't have to get cussed in Chinese anymore????

166505[/snapback]

L M A O!!! :lol:

Guess I should have my wife try that one!

;)

166507[/snapback]

Fear and :P :D B) Respect the MOP!!!

You could always book a hotel room for the night. After the overseas flight it is a great option. We did this in LA and took a flight out about 9am the next morning. It sure did help with the jet lag.

Most of our SO's have never flown before and there is a fair amount of stress involved both mentally and physically after an overseas flight, not to mention arriving in the US for the first time. A hot bath, warm meal and welcoming bed will give her a chance to recover from the trip.

My wife was so tired she never ask what it cost, so it must have been the right thing to do. :blink:

The only thing I can add is that we went through at SFO.

I chose a line that had an ABC, female, customs officer.

She was very nice and just told us to wait about ten days

for the system to get updated before going to SSA.

Our bags were one of the first off the plane so we were

out in less than 20 minutes.

166626[/snapback]

SFO seems to be a lot nicer than LAX.

At LAX there is a one long Disneyland style waiting line and you get directed to the next available window (there are about 20)!

When we got in line there were only about 30 people ahead of us. After waiting 15 minutes, another few planes must have landed because there were suddenly a few hundred people behind us!!

166626[/snapback]

SFO seems to be a lot nicer than LAX.

At LAX there is a one long Disneyland style waiting line and you get directed to the next available window (there are about 20)!

When we got in line there were only about 30 people ahead of us. After waiting 15 minutes, another few planes must have landed because there were suddenly a few hundred people behind us!!

166632[/snapback]

I took China Southern from LAX once.

I went through customs at terminal 5 and

there were only 3 agents on duty; 2 for US nationals and

1 for the rest. I missed my South West connection to the

Bay Area and had to spend the night in LA.

I think the people at SFO are a bit more friendly also.