Has anyone ever tried to contact Chinese Cutoms directly to inquire as to reason for delay with a specific package? If so, what is the contact info? packages after mine is already been released.... :angry:

Has anyone ever tried to contact Chinese Cutoms directly to inquire as to reason for delay with a specific package?  If so, what is the contact info?  packages after mine is already been released.... :blink:

166187[/snapback]

Forget it Hank. No one can ever get anywhere with the immigration agencies much less contacting China customs! WoW! that would be a bold undertaking.

I did have an email from DHL-Guangdong branch one time.

My petition was held in CAN customs for 72 days. Use that as a benchmark.

-Patience is the key... :o

Your package is probably not in "customs" but is sitting in a holding pile somewhere waiting until GUZ has a few hundred pounds of visa petitions to be picked up.

Then they send a van to pick them all up all at once and your package will finally be noted by DHL as delivered.

If you have been waiting for customs clearance for more than 2 or 3 months, there may be a problem.

I have noticed that only those packets over 5 Lb from NVC to GZ consulate have to be at gateway for more than one month. However, packets over 5 LB from NVC to US BJ Embassy are delivered in a week. Why??? So, I don't think that the delay from NVC to GZ is related to the Chinese Customs...right?

So, I don't think that the delay from NVC to GZ is related to the Chinese Customs...right?

166242[/snapback]

Ah, but it is..........

166244[/snapback]

A Clue...??? Interesting, Very Interesting... :ph34r:

166246[/snapback]

Thanks for your message. 

The captioned shipment was sent to Immigrant visa section of
Guangzhou U.S 
consulate, it was held by CAN customs and required the consignee to
offer the customs cover for
clearance due to the heavy weight of 437kgs. 

We have informed the consignee, Ms Kerry, the requirement 
immediately when we got the
decision from cusotms, and who replied that would apply the customs
cover for clearance, but
the application time would be taken more than one month . 

We have kept pushing the consignee for the customs cover offering,
but the answer is still
applying .Only when we get the customs cover can we clear the shpt. 

By the way, Could you pls advise us your idetification : Shipper or
consignee or third party?

Should you have any query, please let us know. 

B.rgds.

Donald Mai / Customer Care Executive
DHL - Sinotrans Guangdong Branch 
Has anyone ever tried to contact Chinese Cutoms directly to inquire as to reason for delay with a specific package?  If so, what is the contact info?  packages after mine is already been released.... :P

166187[/snapback]

While the term customs clearance is accurate, they neglect to inform you that with the "Diplomatic Seal" on the boxes the only requirement to clear customs is that the consulate pick them up.

Just one way of defering their backlog and redirecting who is responsible.

I know it sucks to wait for them to collect the box with your file, but remember you also have the wait between P3 and P4. :( Buy more Cheetos...

Has anyone ever tried to contact Chinese Cutoms directly to inquire as to reason for delay with a specific package?  If so, what is the contact info?  packages after mine is already been released.... :excl:

166187[/snapback]

While the term customs clearance is accurate, they neglect to inform you that with the "Diplomatic Seal" on the boxes the only requirement to clear customs is that the consulate pick them up.

Just one way of defering their backlog and redirecting who is responsible.

I know it sucks to wait for them to collect the box with your file, but remember you also have the wait between P3 and P4. :( Buy more Cheetos...

166307[/snapback]

Lee, You just ruined it. Now we can't blame it on the mail man anymore. http://www.cmsu.edu/Images/NewsAndEvents/mcfeely_web.jpg

Hank, what's the date of its sending from NVC to GUZ?   Wait a month after and then call DOS.. should be in the computer by then.

166213[/snapback]

I called and talked to DHL, they tracked and found that the chinese customs had denied clearance, in other words, it was being held for whatever.......

Edited by HanLi (see edit history)
Hank, what's the date of its sending from NVC to GUZ?   Wait a month after and then call DOS.. should be in the computer by then.

166213[/snapback]

I called and talked to DHL, they tracked and found that the chinese customs had denied clearance, in other words, it was being held for whatever.......

166421[/snapback]

Well of course, Hank! That email I posted here confirms that. The customs delay was a mighty big issue in Spring 2003. It can be traced all the way back to the US Embassy in BJ and it was big talk both here and on 001.

All you can do is just give it time.

-good luck