question I doubt be answer

ptcrusier333rph

This is about those of us that are married.

Why does it take 7 month to 2 year for a visa to be processed, Why not allow our SO to wait out the time here in the states or even visits?

I have no problem with checking in with law enforcement once a month to make sure my SO here. I own a house,I just can't just pick it up and move. you have my address, name, SS and everything you need but the kicten sink on who I am, how much money I make.

a photo ID and fingerprint of our SO. to make sure that she here she could do a thumb print at the sheriff office then fax to a location.

a tourist could easily disappear within minutes of arriving in america, my SO will have a place to stay.

I'm even willing to put up a bond as mean of ensuring she would not flee into the countryside and hide.

There no burden upon the government for her to be with me.

oh last thought why no tourist visa? allowing our SO a chance to visit thier future home would be nice. Around trip ticket is required.

My SO would love to visit a few times before our visa is done. I had to visit her country in order for her to come here.

and don't use the fraud excuss that a slap in the face of those of us that are in love.

I take me less than a few days to get a visa to another country, But my wife being a woman, poor and own property that not worth much in US value have zero to no chance in hell of getting a tourist visa.

Sorry for the ranting.

Robert

Why does it take 7 month to 2 year for a visa to be processed, Why not allow our SO to wait out the time here in the states or even visits?

I have no problem with checking in with law enforcement once a month to make sure my SO here. I own a house,I just can't just pick it up and move. you have my address, name, SS and everything you need but the kicten sink on who I am, how much money I make.

a photo ID and fingerprint of our SO. to make sure that she here she could do a thumb print at the sheriff office then fax to a location.

It takes as long as it takes because of federally mandated back ground checks and insufficient funding for immigration. It is not the governments place to allow you to get to know your spouse/fiance while you wait for a visa. You are supposed to have already accomplished that before you filed for a visa. they don't allow visits because they are intending immigrants. Most would probably stay. I know if my wife had been allowed to come visit me prior to her visa they would have played hell getting her away from me.

It takes as long as it takes because of federally mandated back ground checks and insufficient funding for immigration. It is not the governments place to allow you to get to know your spouse/fiance while you wait for a visa. You are supposed to have already accomplished that before you filed for a visa. they don't allow visits because they are intending immigrants. Most would probably stay. I know if my wife had been allowed to come visit me prior to her visa they would have played hell getting her away from me.

166029[/snapback]

Robert ,

You are right that it takes to long to get a Visa for Vietnam and China .

I believe it is a political and a staffing issue as to why this is happening .

EXAMPLE

I have an acquintance that met a woman on line from Hungary while be was Married .A really DUMB MOVE :ph34r:

That woman came over on a tourist visa and convinced him to divorce his wife ( ain't SEX wonderful!) :D

She did follow the law and left before her visa expired .

So he Marries her in Hungary and she is over here in 5 YES that's FIVE days after the Marriage she was granted a Visa !!!!

How hungary is a former Communist Satellite state - She was a home wrecker ( certainy qualifies as a terrorist as defined by what she did to the exwife's mariage ) so why was she given the Royal treatment ?

The Moral to this story is that the divorce cost him Over $500,000 , a house on theturle river in Brunswick Georgia and 2 k a month in allimony

and to top it all off he is NOW impotent - ( SEXcan be Frustrating TOO ) :o

So he is Now really Screwed

the EX wife is also prettier , smarter and now happier

Guest ShaQuaNew

Ain't much can be done about the injustices of American immigration until Americans want to do something about it. When you consider that most Americans don't have and will probably never have a passport that will begin to illustrate the profound lack of attention that issues relating to immigration play. A nation of immigrants? Right now, a nation of ignorance....

think some of you miss the point or else I was to long on explaining.

why not allow visits on tourist visa to allow both sides to spend time during the visa process, my wife want to finish out her time teaching until May so not to upset her students. way it looks now she may end up teaching next fall by time visa get done. she get off 15 days in Jan which she could spend her getting to know my family or maybe during the summer to visit.

btw i'm planning on spending time with her for 20 days this dec-jan. point is why can't she visit 10 to 30 days.

i find it sad that a woman from a poor country have less chance of getting a tourist visa than a man from a poor country.

only thing that equal is if both decide to marry a american they are then barred.

I agree. I would love for my wife to come here and visit while we wait. I'd put up a bond, and report to my local INS office each month or whatever.

The precedent is already set to allow this, just half-a$$ed.. K-1 and K-3 are conditional visas, waiting for the paperwork to go through, yet they take almost as long as the full-blown green card immigration visas we are supposedly getting our SOs over here to wait for. Why not make them quicker and add the reporting process since the timeline is so much longer.

The reason is very obvious......

If an alien sets foot on US and marries a US citizen, all they have to do is file and I-130 and I-485 together for a green card.

This is especially easy for those in visa-waiver countries where one can get on an airplane without a US visa and fill out the I-94 on the plane. No problem. But these countries usually don't have the hellascious wait for a K-1, K-3 or CR visa. It's also not uncommon for them to get tourist visas while their petitions are working their way through.

Also, an alien who comes to the US legally, whether tourist, student or whatever and overstays for any lenght of time gets a free pass if they marry a US citizen.

Immigration doesn't want people from hard to get visa countries coming in at the risk of them short-circuiting the system. That's just a fact of life.

166236[/snapback]

that rewarding the illegals but if they change the rule which most cases are regulation not laws to where you have to interview at your embassy that would stop that practice.right now they rewarding illegals into staying if they marry here.

i'm not wanting my wife do anything illegal, would like to have her visit my fmily and friends on a 30 day visa during the process. there are times when she could visit me easier for a week or two than for me to drop everything and see her.

after all the trouble we have had on getting our license. we both proud of the fact we married in Viet Nam and not in the US. beside what keeps tourist visa today from not returning back tothier home? most tourist visa are pass in about 30 to 60 days.

i still willing to post a bond just to prove she would not over stay her time.

changes have to start somwhere.